SG219 in local paper!!! (not the police blotter)

Get the latest and greatest scoops on what's going on in the world around you, find out what's hot and what's not fo' sho!
sg219
bitPimp

SG219 in local paper!!! (not the police blotter)

Post by sg219 »

As most of you know, I have been building rock crawlers lately.

Well I met a couple of people that were interested enough to interview me and put it in a local paper.

The Pittsburgh City Paper has a large local circulation. Its in every Best Buy, Record store, a lot of restaurants and clubs and more!

It is a free publication.

Here is the link to the interview.

http://www.pittsburghcitypaper.ws/gyrob ... id%3A34495

This is the coolest thing that has happened to me in a long time, if EVER.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

So you got about 10 minutes of driving time, and now you'll spend an hour fixing your axle?
:lol: Aww SG, what happened?

That's fucking awesome! :-o
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

That is cool, congrats man. :-o
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Sweet, congrats :-o
1000+ post of BS.
ynad
bitNinja

Post by ynad »

Congratulations, :-o
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

crazydave wrote:
So you got about 10 minutes of driving time, and now you'll spend an hour fixing your axle?
:lol: Aww SG, what happened?

That's fucking awesome! :-o
I broke a ear of the front axle. I need to replace it.

I love you guys. :-o

I know you can't please everyone but damn those people at RCC are a bunch of asses!! I posted this over there to share it with fellow crawlers and got shit on!!

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthre ... post811409

Unbelievable... :roll:
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

I tried to post a comment on rccrawlers calling the negitive posters dicks' and suggesting some fun activities they could do to their assholes with a fork...but the post is now closed. Sorry I didn't see it sooner.

BTW if you got a kick out of being in the paper that's all that's important...screw the detractors.

Congrats on the piece in the paper :-o
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

Congrats SG! It is cool to get some props now and then. I thought it was a great article. Nice to see what ya been up to.

Oh, and fuck those haters at rccrawler, what dicks! Clearly, they have no ability to judge something in it's own context. It's not like the interview was with RC Crawler magazine or something. Of course the reporter didn't ask you crawling-specific questions, how could he? And that shit that you should have mentioned the site, and the whole 'money' issue? Whatever. Why talk dishonestly about it just to entice people? Anyone who has had any serious involvement with any scale knows that $500 is just a starting point, and $1500-$2500 isn't uncommon at all. That's not going to scare anyone away that wasn't going to give it up in 3 months anyway.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Superfly wrote:
and $1500-$2500 isn't uncommon at all
Damn, I knew there was a reason I never progressed beyond my little Nylint. That's 1/4 scale money...I knew they weren't cheap but damn. Oh well, more power to ya' :-o

Unhappy people tend to go nuts and get nasty when anyone else has something good happen to them...it almost makes you feel sorry for them. After all we can just ignore them, they're stuck with themselves 24/7.[/quote]
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Yeah fuck them. I've had less than positive dealings with them myself. Shaun hit the nail right on the head. Good job shaun, we trained you well. :-o :lol:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

crazydave wrote:Yeah fuck them. I've had less than positive dealings with them myself. Shaun hit the nail right on the head. Good job shaun, we trained you well. :-o :lol:
I got 4 infractions :-D
1000+ post of BS.
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Thanks guys!! :cool:

I know people can't be positive all the time and I CAN take criticism, but damn those people are a rough crowd!! :o

I didn't write the article, I just answered the questions he had. It was a FUN interview. It was done out on the trail and was very informal. It wasn't meant to promote anything special, just what I do in my spare time.

I answered honestly and he quoted me pretty damn accurately for the material he used. :-o
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

Sg............ great job on YOUR interview, and answering the questions about YOU and YOUR love for a hobby that fills up YOUR free time. :-o

RCC is such a bad site, that I don't dare post anything overthere. In fact, I have a grand total of 1 post on RCC. I only joined so I can use the Search function. :o So I don't have to tell you what we all already know or have known. It's a shame that there high-and mighty, "I'm better than you at this" attitude stinks up the site. I've seen some really great stuff over there, but I do see why people end up at http://www.scale4x4rc.org/home/. When I do finish my H2 trail rig, it's gonna be so bada$$, that I want to first start a thread on it showing the body(before build pics) and my intensions, and after they flame me for such a bad idea and such a stupid truck to base it off of, I'll show the end result to shut them up. And then flame them as much as possible before I get banned for for flaming the good ol' boys that think they run that niche in the RC hobby.

I'm ranting. Point is :-o props to SG219!

but, one question. Why didn't you mention BitPimps? did CW not send you the check or free goodies for plugging this site? :-D :-D

Oh, and SHAUN. that was the most grown up and responsible thing I think I have ever seen you post. Way to stick up for what you know is the right attitude to have on SG's good news. :lol: :-o
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

ibjamn wrote: but, one question. Why didn't you mention BitPimps? did CW not send you the check or free goodies for plugging this site? :-D :-D

Oh, and SHAUN. that was the most grown up and responsible thing I think I have ever seen you post. Way to stick up for what you know is the right attitude to have on SG's good news. :lol: :-o
I actually did mention BP during the interview, however that material did not get used. :(

I wish it did. that would have REALLY got them going over there!! :lol:

"Why that site and not ours?" Because I learned my shit over there and not at RCC you asses!! :lol:

I do agree!!! Shaun might just have grown up!! Thanks dude!! :-o
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

RCC is not the beginner site. I have seen a lot of people talk crap about my WK at least I built some of the parts I look at their thread and everything is "I ordered this from" or "I had blah blah make this". The flaming on RCC is crazy stupid. I'm serious its worse than pirate4x4, I have asked some totally stupid questions on pirate and not gotten half the crap I do on RCC. Also I saw some one pointed out in another thread on RCC that if your in the right "click" its ok to flame and trash threads. Yet fucking 1badjeepbruiser gave me a infraction for saying asshole, and another for being a smart ass and pointing out that there were over 346 post with the word "asshole" in them. I think I'm done here. sorry for cluttering up your thread SG.
1000+ post of BS.