No job

Get the latest and greatest scoops on what's going on in the world around you, find out what's hot and what's not fo' sho!
sg219
bitPimp

No job

Post by sg219 »

I haven't had a job since the middle of of December 2007. I am sitting here watching the the commercial for the CD collection called Flower Power.

I can't seem to get over how bad today's music sucks ASS!

I am not old enough to remember the 60's or 70's, but I remember growing up with it.

It's time our GENERATION whatever they call us, stands up for what we believe in!

Its so cool to listen to the old songs and hear that artists actually cared about what was going on in the world. Now it seems like there isn't a single song that represents a single thought of what is going on with todays youth or issues!

Yes I have a buzz right now, but NOTHING like I would have had years ago. :lol:

If you have a favorite artist, or politician, a friend in a high position, PLEASE let them know that things are NOT THE WAY THEY SHOULD BE!!

If you wanna call this going "hippie", do it. I'm about fed up with the way things are going.

Stand up for what ever you believe in!!!

I just got told I can can't post on another forum any more because I spoke my mind about things I believe in. That is BS!

That leads me to what is going on now...

This is a Presidential year, PLEASE STAND UP!!

I don't care which candidate!

Yes, the things we do day to day might seem trivial, but if you speak your voice, a few minds WILL change!! Evan if it is one or two.

Make a difference!!

Vote!

GO old school if that is how you feel. 60's 70's vibe!

But what ever you do, PLEASE registrar to vote! I don't care who it is for!

I'm home tonight thinking things are SO bad that I need to get people to get involved!

I'm sick of the way things are. I got denied for unemployment because I didn't want to get fired because of a head hunting person above me. Things like this should be "taken care of" in our society and not allowed.

I am a pissed off individual. The way things are run right now are at a total disadvantage to the people that need the support.

I never really noticed how much of a pain in the ass it is to survive without a GOOD paying job.

Please email and/or support your local congressman or politician in changing the way things are handled. It is absolutely absurd the things I have to go through to get some help.

All I want is some help or guidance. The state and local GOV is a TOTAL joke!!!

I am a hard working individual that has had a job for a really long time and the way the state has acted or I should say, NON-reacted, it absurd!

I'd like to thank EVERYONE who will write their local office and mention how ridiculous it is to get help when you are out of a job.

You may think of this as a personal message, but if you like, think of it as if it happened to you.

If is tough, but it could be better.
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

I've been a member here for a long time and always thought of this place as a place to turn too, to vent a little and get things out in the open.

I'm just asking for people to realize that that they need to get involved in their local process of government.

I have never been a political person, and my sig (Ron Paul) is just a suggestion or idea, but in NO means a direction. Just a belief in something different that existed before my situation.

I am hurting locally, and suggesting to you to support YOUR local situation to provide help to people that need it in your area.

Being without a job and having NO way of getting support is ridiculous in our time of highly paid government.

You may agree or disagree, but please think of this as a calling to awaken the local politicians to help the people in need and for them to BEG for your vote. I WILL NOT be giving up my vote for anything less than an absolute solution to the situation.

I have never been in this situation before. I now fully understand the issues that are presented to people that are worse of than me. It sometimes takes a HIT to HOME to realize it. But since it has hit home for me, I will support it and talk about it to see if things can be brought to the front in more areas than my local neighborhood.

Feel free to talk about it in this section. Let me know what you think or have done.

Let's hear about your situation.

Sorry, but I have become passionate about this due to MY situation, but I am looking to see where I can take it to better others situations.
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

ok well. i'm canadian so I don't know if this really means anything to you guys.. but you know what, I don't care and i'll say it anyways.

I'm like the guy on the outside looking in, seeing all the shit happen and the people just bend over and take it, as if they like it.

I tried talking to people about this and there is only one person that will listen. one. The others either don't care, or like getting the stick shoved up their ass. Some love it so damn much they defend it.

That's usually when I get to the point of just giving up and let them get railed. It's gonna get to the point where they're gonna turn to me for advice. But then I'm just gonna go, 'hey you know what? you had your chance. I warned you. You're on your own now.' It's nothing personal.

They'd rather stuff their mouth with Jack n the crack or McDonalds than actually give a shit and do something about it.
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

i reckon you should pack up and move down here, there's plenty work available and we recently ditched our old fuddy duddy prime minister for a forward thinker :-o
i used to be cool
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

betty.k wrote:i reckon you should pack up and move down here, there's plenty work available and we recently ditched our old fuddy duddy prime minister for a forward thinker :-o
Didn't they just take all the guns away? No thanks, it would be too easy for some nut to get into power and impose a police state...although I guess you'd have all sorts of areas remote enough to hide in.

Hey Murdoch, Hows the health care up your way. I'm just wondering since we are going to have some version of it crammed down our collective throats soon? I like the idea, but I just have yet to anything government does right? That and the fact that when my friends from Windsor needed to have thier son treated for Non-Hogdkins Lymphoma they came down to the Cleveland Clinic...I'm not sure if they thoght it was better or if it had something to do with the wait time.

I think Sg might be on to something with Ron Paul since he's the only one running who wants to get rid of big chuncks of government. I really believe we are intentionaly being bankrupted so that we have to merge into a European union type block. And that's just a step or two away from a one world government...which would be good if government did anything well. Basicaly I think were all screwed. I'm seriously looking at some small islands where nobody cares what happens. :-(
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

SG sorry to hear you are out of work man wish I could help!!!

I could suggest you moving this way. The cost of living is lower and there are still good jobs this way especialy for someone that knows his way around a kitchen.

I think you would fit in real well here as Austin is the Live Music capitol of the world and well everyone that listens to music has to eat! Check out the sites like Monster or others and see whats listed here. :???:
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

I agree that society has become apathetic fucks who care more about who wins Survivor or American Idol than who will be president or trying to fix the world.

The board ate my long post which had a story. I don't feel like retyping it now.
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

What I find pathetic / frustrating / funny is that congress is talking about fucking baseball instead of the loss of our civil liberties and the like.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Is there anything wrong with my music?

1000+ post of BS.
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

SHAUN wrote:Is there anything wrong with my music?
Not really, it's almost as odd as my music collection.

Wait I don't see Another One Bites The Dust (or Weird Al's version Another One Rides the Bus) or Bohemian Rhapsody. And isn't Cocaine is a Eric Clapton tune? Never heard of ZZ Top redoing it. You should find ZZ Tops' TV Dinners and Tush.

No Joan Jett or Lita Ford or Wendy O Williams?

Where's Def Leopard, U2, Metallica.

And I though you would have "Take On Me" by Aha or "Relax" by Frankie goes to Hollywood. :-D If you heard of FGTH then you might know of their other British hit (but not to popular in the USA) "Two Tribes."

The only British invasion band I see is the Beatles (no Stones, Dave Clark Five, Herman's Hermits.) YES I KNOW I'M OLD.

I do see two Aussie bands (Little River Band and Men at Work) but no INXS or Midnight Oil?

I'm hoping you obtained those songs legally, and have more than you are showing.

Of course most of my stuff is on vinyl.

I think I may be one of the few that had/have a copy of the Late 60's (I think) LP/Board Game called Overdose when you never do anything harder than ibuprofen is really funny. I gotta check to see if I still have that in my collection or if it disappeared when I moved into this house.

I do have a large CD collection but there are still a few things I haven't been able to get.
Sitting at my workbench in my comfortable little Hobbit hole.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

SHAUN wrote:Is there anything wrong with my music?
Yes.
  1. You have Poison - Every Rose Has It's Thorn. Delete that shit.
  2. For a list of songs from an era 20 to 30 or so years before your time, you don't have any Pink Floyd, The Who, Led Zeppelin, etc.
  3. Most likely, this is what your dad has for a playlist.
No.
  1. At least you listen to "music" as opposed to most corporate crap that is in the main stream (and your demographic) today. Props for that.
This music collection isn't odd at all.
You mixed in a few 80's songs with some 70's songs. That's not all that uncommon.
If you wanna talk odd, listen and whistle along to some Slayer - Here Comes the Pain. (by the way, angry whistles are hard to come by :lol: )
Have the next song be G. Love & Special Sauce - Rodeo Clowns (featuring Jack Johnson).
Next, listen to Massive Attack - Angel.
Move that over to some Jimi Hendrix - 3 Little Bears.

There you have (in order) my last 4 songs I listened to. I'd call that eclectic.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Yeah, I'm with Cabo on this one, with one added suggestion...Buffett. You just have to have some Jimmy Buffett. And get to one of his concerts as soon as you're old enough to enjoy the Margatrias... Just don't learn to enjoy them too much or too often...
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

sidewinder wrote: Hey Murdoch, Hows the health care up your way. I'm just wondering since we are going to have some version of it crammed down our collective throats soon? I like the idea, but I just have yet to anything government does right? That and the fact that when my friends from Windsor needed to have thier son treated for Non-Hogdkins Lymphoma they came down to the Cleveland Clinic...I'm not sure if they thoght it was better or if it had something to do with the wait time.
aw fuck.. I just had to see this thread when it's 4:30 in the damn morning.. so forgive me if I ramble on a little.

Anyways to your question..

Healthcare system up here is pretty good. gotta get blue cross or whatever for coverage. Pretty cheap too.

yea we have our fair share of problems like some people can't get seen while others do. It's a bit of a crap shoot. but personally, I have never had a problem seeing a doctor. I call, make an appointment, i'm in. Plus, the doctors I hear about take new patients. don't let anyone fool you. It's easier getting looked at than people would have you believe.

One day, about a few hours after I got rear ended by some stupid lady (whole 'nother story there) I was feeling light headed. called 911 and boom ambulance shows up not twenty minutes later. In I go to the emerg and a few hours later I get a pretty clean bill of health. whiplash was the diagnosis.

Hey, if anyone tells you that we have socialized healthcare or some other freaky sounding story.. they're full of shit. :grin:
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Thanks, I've been worried because I have had to deal with government run programs and know how bad some can get. Plus I had heard mixed reviews of your system, so this is a bit of a relief. Maybe if we screw our system up too bad I'll just finaly move to New Foundland or NovaScotia.
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

I'm planning on making it to Washington DC at the end of March for a protest. Got to get my fair share of abuse. Maybe someone with some power might listen this time.

- still don't feel like retyping that part the board ate.
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'