dNaNo,

Get the latest and greatest scoops on what's going on in the world around you, find out what's hot and what's not fo' sho!
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

crazydave wrote:I think I'm already partial towards that Porsche 962
Well, yeah. Duh!
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

SuperFly wrote:
Well, yeah. Duh!

Yeah, me too... I even priced it out and with everything you need to run it it's $423.00..... :-(

prices gotta come on down for me...lol

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
LBRC
bitGangsta'

Post by LBRC »

Smoke&Mirrors wrote:... do you guys have an idea of US MSRP?
Right now there is no US MSRP because it has only been released in Japan, and even then only at the dNaNo On-line Shop (ships to Japan only), the dNaNo Pro shop (shops see below comment), and the two Kyosho stores:

Kyosho Akihabara

Kyosho Omotesando

If I’m translating it right there are approx. 120 tracks/shops in Japan now officially racing dNaNo’s with Pro Shop selling privileges but they have limited supplies, and may not to sell on-line.

Currently in Japan the MSRP is ¥16,275 to ¥16,800 depending on the model, but that includes their tax (it’s like having the sales tax on the price tag instead of adding it at the cash register). That’s approximately $152 to $157 but remember that includes a hefty recreational item tax and the exchange rates change daily.

However as I said above it is pretty easy to make a good guess as to what the MSRP will be by comparing the price of a 2.4GHz Mini-Z’s MSRP.

Example: Porsche 962C dNaNo verses same 2.4GHz Mini-Z

¥17,325 for a 2.4GHz Mini-Z Porsche 962C LH or $162 in Japan and $139.99 in the US.
¥16,800 for the same dNaNo Porsche 962C LH or $157 so I estimated $135 in the US

You should also note that the estimated $135 is full price and not a sale price. We also don’t know what type of deal Hobby Town may be negotiating or what the Kyosho America price will be if and when it goes to the general dealer sales. There is no doubt that the dNaNo is coming to the US and world in general, it’s selling out in Japan faster than any other RC car in history, the only question is how and when?

Less the than 6 months since its unveiling in Japan and already there are 11 body choices with more coming, and over 120 tracks holding regularly scheduled races, you can’t beat that with a stick too small too fast.
Last edited by LBRC on Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Favorite quote; “dude. it's a peice of wire.....” by ph2t.
LBRC
bitGangsta'

Post by LBRC »

Sorry double post.
payaso wrote:... I even priced it out and with everything you need to run it it's $423.00..... :-(
Not necessairaly
Really only around $320 or less (still depressing) if you happen to already have a 3.7, volt 200mAh or less, LiPo charger.

All you need is a KT-18 Prefex or ASF module if you happen to have a compatable radio, i.e. Helios, Mars, etc. or even a 3PK with a little modification to the module. The module just came out so there are quite a few new and used KT-18’s available.

And a battery but, instead of going with the stock 130mAh LiPo how about something like this

Lets say $65 for a new Prefex from a Mini-Z ASF upgrade kit minus the ASF CB, and $15 for a 200mAh 12-20C 3.7v custom made dNaNo LiPo pack, your only looking at $80 plus the car, and $239.95 for the inflated dNaNoShop.com price (they buy it in Japan and resell it here for a markup).

See it’s only a rather depressing $320 plus shipping :comfort:

And if you wait a couple of months for them to hit the US officially then you can :crap: that $100 third party reselling from Japan fee out and get in for around $220. :greenblob:

Less with a good score on a used Prefex, and hey just like the KT-5’s in short order their going to be a dime a dozen.

For those of us who have already switched over to ASF there’s no added cost for the radio all we need is the extra $15, less if you make it your self for the battery. Just as a side note I now use an EX-10 for everything, even sold off the trusty old M8, with just 3 modules DSM, ASF, and 27AM.

My dNaNo was a gift from a friend in Japan for services rendered, it came long before the starter packs showed up on eBay so I made my own battery pack
and of course I already had an ASF Mini-Z so I didn’t need another radio. By the time I got a stock battery and charger I no longer needed or even wanted them. After running a12-20C 200 pack the stock 130 feels rather puny, and the one dNaNo product that has to go is the cheesy AA battery powered charger.
Favorite quote; “dude. it's a peice of wire.....” by ph2t.
payaso
bitPimp

Re: dNaNo,

Post by payaso »

What a let down these things were. I've been waiting for the last 6 months for something to happen with these little guys and NOTHING.

I think Kyosho is run by a bunch of "rain men". They can get some killer shit out, but their business sence, or lack there of leaves much to be desired.

It's like they design some bad ass shit, but totally get side tracked with barfing and crapping in each others mouths... :mad:

Total dissapointment. :o

payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
DarkTari
bitPimp

Re:

Post by DarkTari »

payaso wrote:
SuperFly wrote:
Well, yeah. Duh!

Yeah, me too... I even priced it out and with everything you need to run it it's $423.00..... :-(

prices gotta come on down for me...lol

423 what.........Dollars ???????? :shock: