key rc 10$ at toys r us

This is for all the latest RC finds, deals and steals users find and pass along to the rest of us. Find some $5.00 bits at Toys R Us? Let everyone else know too! NO SELF SITE PROMOTION ALLOWED PLEASE!
hogjowlz
bitPimp

key rc 10$ at toys r us

Post by hogjowlz »

the lowdown

its ir controlled. it is about the size of a zipzap. steering and drive are like bits. it has an alarm. the controller is a keychain. it takes a non rechargeable "n cell" 1/2 aa battery. it takes a minute to get used to but drives well on tight weave carpet. my 2 yo likes it.

i havnt fuked with it yet so i dont know about the motor and stuff. i do know i could fit two bit cells inside it no problem and rig it to be recharged. it also has an on/off switch.
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

ok i took the hood off to see whats under there and well its constructed pretty solid. the drive is pretty smooth. the motor is hardwired and it is inside of an enclosure. there is a speaker attached to the roof and a little led. and let me say that the alarm thingy is halarious. watching a to year old pick it up and have the alarm go off is priceless. and her little fingers are good at driving it. she drove it better than most adults who tried. anyhow im still not sure what im gona do with this thing. part of me wants to just keep it stock and on my keychain for laughs. and the evil destructive part wants to tear it down for parts. the wheels and drive are probably worth it in themselves. the wheels are some phat looking 5stars.
plus the tiny switches would be useful.
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

And it's got an alarm and makes a reving sound :-)
I bought one a while ago but the control sucks and the ir isn't all that great. It's been sitting in the parts box since then. I was thinking of wiring the sound mechanisms into a bit though :???:
MASTER of the Harmless CHAOS!!!1!
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

ya. radiosnack sells a sound kit where you can record a short clip onto a chip. havin a bb with a boomin system would rule. take it out again man and run it on a tight weave carpet. it takes a few mins but its sorta fun to drive.
http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?c ... 276%2D1323
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

one more note about this mainly for nox: i inputted the control into my pocket pc "tv remote" app that has a learning function and am sorta able to control the car with the pockepc.
noxorc
bitPimp

Post by noxorc »

hogjowlz wrote:one more note about this mainly for nox: i inputted the control into my pocket pc "tv remote" app that has a learning function and am sorta able to control the car with the pockepc.
Very cool....very cool. yea... I believe the IR on the pocket hardware isn't as powerful as a real remote.

but that's the idea.... good test run.

-nox
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

well as a remote i get 6foot or so range. some of the newer ipaqs have"consumer ir" which would work better.
midget_man1387
midgetPimp

Post by midget_man1387 »

yeah i gots me one today from my drug mart mine seems pretty fast, but the control seem a bit difficult for larger fingers. how has yours shaped up so far... i.e. has it broken yet? or have you taken it apart? what's the scoop lol

well here are some pics for those wondering what it looks like