5$ clones at biglots = ruling

This is for all the latest RC finds, deals and steals users find and pass along to the rest of us. Find some $5.00 bits at Toys R Us? Let everyone else know too! NO SELF SITE PROMOTION ALLOWED PLEASE!
custombitbodys
bitThug

Post by custombitbodys »

ahh yes the thunder charger clones.... i remember i posted a while ago. i must say these are the best quality cars that i have seen so far (steering and range). i got one with a sucky motor, and one with an awesome motor...

heres some pics again. i dont remember if i posted them before.
bodys for sale. ferari 250 gto, Micro Cooper, lemans 320i turbo, . plus many more email me: custombitbodys@comcast.net
http://custombitbodys.home.comcast.net
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

yupp. thats it. i got the blue truck. mine came with another great pink clone motor.

i just transferred the red wheels onto a bit. the rears are a few mms wider than tomy ones and the tires are nice and flat. im not happy with the putty job i did to secure it in so i got work to do tonight but these wheels are pretty darn nice.

also i sort of ripped off their antenna idea and used a piece of solid wire instead of the crap wire for the antenna on my zipzap and cut it so it just barely sticks out of the antenna hole and now i get 15foot+ range around corners. thats with 4cells powering the tx tho.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Those are freakin' cool, and for $5, damn. I'm going to be checking every day for that Big Lots to open.

Those tires do look flat and wide, and the 6-spoke rims are cool.

Not that it matters at this point, but what does the controller look like?
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

its like the tomy controller but redesigned slightly. floppy antenna and the charger is on top instead of the side. buttons feel kinda sloppy but other than that its pretty nice.

also 110mah cell inside. drive is smooth as a mofo for a clone.

and as cbb said great range.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

LOL
I love that antenna, reminds me of the old huge antenna's they'd put on houses to get better TV reception.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
custombitbodys
bitThug

Post by custombitbodys »

yea it steers better than my bitchar-g's and my microsizers....
bodys for sale. ferari 250 gto, Micro Cooper, lemans 320i turbo, . plus many more email me: custombitbodys@comcast.net
http://custombitbodys.home.comcast.net
bdebde
bitPlaya'

Post by bdebde »

Damn, no Big Lots around here!
Scotty, beam me up.
noxorc
bitPimp

Post by noxorc »

same here...no biglots... never heard of it before.
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

I made a trip up to the biglots (bout 20min drive) and didn't see any clones. :sad:
MASTER of the Harmless CHAOS!!!1!
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

sessiz wrote:I made a trip up to the biglots (bout 20min drive) and didn't see any clones. :sad:
Nearest BigLots to me is about a 45 min drive. That's why I'm waiting for the one up the road to open. It looked ready last night, Why are they torturing me? Just open it already.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
kwikbb
bitPimp

Post by kwikbb »

crazydave wrote:
sessiz wrote:I made a trip up to the biglots (bout 20min drive) and didn't see any clones. :sad:
Nearest BigLots to me is about a 45 min drive. That's why I'm waiting for the one up the road to open. It looked ready last night, Why are they torturing me? Just open it already.
I got a big parking lot
:rockon:
Gfunk
bitThug

Post by Gfunk »

crazydave wrote:The dollar store across the street from here has a couple Panthers in the claw machine. I know, not quite, but it is tempting sometimes.
Maybe you should just go up to the lady in the store and be like "I will pay you $5 if you open that machine up and give me one of the things"

There is a big lots in the nearest "city", so I might want to check that out. It is right next to hobby lobby, too, where I need to get some puddy.
-=GfµnK=-
Havok
OlD SkOoL
Location: I just moved to San Diego CA...wassup west coast peeps

Post by Havok »

noxorc wrote:I smell a beanie baby trend.
Nox... :lol:
Ain't that the truth!!
.....P.I.M.P. stands fo' put it in my pocket....
Say Word!
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

i bought another one of those today here in da burgh(got the other one in ohio) and it is just as good. 49mhz = 15foot range with no adjustments. no antenna sticking out of the car. goes straight turns even both ways and is way faster than a stock bit. hobbico is dropping the ball hard.

the only thing microsizers beat them out on is quality of the bodies but these aint that bad.
Gfunk
bitThug

Post by Gfunk »

hogjowlz wrote:i bought another one of those today here in da burgh(got the other one in ohio) and it is just as good. 49mhz = 15foot range with no adjustments. no antenna sticking out of the car. goes straight turns even both ways and is way faster than a stock bit. hobbico is dropping the ball hard.

the only thing microsizers beat them out on is quality of the bodies but these aint that bad.
And will a standard 'sizer body fit on one of these puppy's? I would think it would.

Also Havok, you live in the middle of a cornfield too? What state?
-=GfµnK=-