5$ clones at biglots = ruling

This is for all the latest RC finds, deals and steals users find and pass along to the rest of us. Find some $5.00 bits at Toys R Us? Let everyone else know too! NO SELF SITE PROMOTION ALLOWED PLEASE!
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

hogjowlz wrote:hobbico is dropping the ball hard.
I gotta agree with that. My BigLots isn't open yet, so I haven't tried these yet, but for the price they're asking for Microsizers, I would expect more. My Bit Char-G was fine, once I took the cripple cap out of the controller, it was perfect, that's the bar by which I judge my other cars by, and all my Microsizers have been inconsistant, each with it's own little issue that needed be worked out. So far my newest Zip Zap is my only car that ever worked perfect out of the box.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

my msers always worked well out of the box except for the slow motors and weak range.

these cars have overcome most of hobbico's shortcomings and are 25% the price.
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

There are 4 Big Lots stores within the Portland area, and none of them have this car. It's pissin' me off. Anyone know where I can order one online for a decent price. I saw an ebay auction, but the guy won't let you pick the frequency and the shipping is $8.50 per car... he sounds like a dick. Hey hoglowlz, any way you'd be interested in picking up a few extra and shipping them to Portland? I'll cover all costs, of course, plus whatever makes it worth your while... gas money, Bit parts, hookers... let me know.

hue35
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

well see. im thinking about buying them and modding them and sellin em on ebay. but we shall see.
custombitbodys
bitThug

Post by custombitbodys »

humm.. you can buy them in lots of 24 or 48 directly from the distrubitor.. and if you do then the prices come to about 4.90 a car. they have them packaged 2 ways. one is in the bubble wrapping like they have at the biglots. the other is packaged in a box like the microsizers, you have to assemble. im not sure on the price of that one though...
bodys for sale. ferari 250 gto, Micro Cooper, lemans 320i turbo, . plus many more email me: custombitbodys@comcast.net
http://custombitbodys.home.comcast.net
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

word to Image
noxorc
bitPimp

Post by noxorc »

got your avatar today Hog......50c in the bubblegum machine.

-nox
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

noxorc wrote:got your avatar today Hog......50c in the bubblegum machine.

-nox
I got some sweet ass ones today.. series 6

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

You got any doubles yet payaso?
I got a but load of the set 6. I'm seeing nothing but set6 around here.
MASTER of the Harmless CHAOS!!!1!
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

sessiz wrote:You got any doubles yet payaso?
I got a but load of the set 6. I'm seeing nothing but set6 around here.
I got shit loads of doubles, but none of series 6 yet.. All my doubles are from 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5...

I just haven't gotten around to putting up a pic.. Which ones of series 6 you want to trade? Or are you keepin em?

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
SilentWolv
bitPlaya'

Post by SilentWolv »

I checked a dollar store around here, and a grab machine but nuttin. Seems like different companies come out with some of their own unique bodies.

I did score a 4-pack of bit motorcycles today on ebay (keyword: motocycle rc) for $26.95 + $10 shipping. I wonder how and if they are going to handle.

SilentWolv
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

SilentWolv wrote:I wonder how and if they are going to handle.

SilentWolv
me too, I've seen those and wondered about the handling, let us know.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

SilentWolv wrote:I checked a dollar store around here, and a grab machine but nuttin. Seems like different companies come out with some of their own unique bodies.

I did score a 4-pack of bit motorcycles today on ebay (keyword: motocycle rc) for $26.95 + $10 shipping. I wonder how and if they are going to handle.

SilentWolv

Not too popular, but there are a few people using em... Have a look...

http://www.tinyrc.com/forums/forumdispl ... forumid=55

Forum is dead, but there's a little info on em...

crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

The Biglots by me finally opened yesterday, so I finally got one of these Thunder Charger cars.

I have got to say, these things do kick some serious butt. Tracks perfectly straight with the adjuster centered. Turns on a dime and gives 9 cents change. The pink endbell clone motor is very good. I would've liked a little more top end, but accelleration is excellent. I can see why these motors would work out well for dual cells. The gears are quiet, and the tires are flat wide, and fairly sticky.

My only complaint is that I don't care for the cheesy bodies, and the chassis is just slightly too long for bit bodies. Cannonball clone bodies fit perfect, but I only have a couple of those that I'm not real fond of.

But for $5 I'm not complaining. I only got one to check 'em out, and because I don't get paid until monday, but on monday going back and buying as many as I can!
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Havok
OlD SkOoL
Location: I just moved to San Diego CA...wassup west coast peeps

Post by Havok »

crazydave wrote: but on monday going back and buying as many as I can!
hey man...wanna pick me up one? Biglots here sucks....I'll send the $$ first....tis cool...8-)

pm me
.....P.I.M.P. stands fo' put it in my pocket....
Say Word!