X-Trek clearance at TRU

This is for all the latest RC finds, deals and steals users find and pass along to the rest of us. Find some $5.00 bits at Toys R Us? Let everyone else know too! NO SELF SITE PROMOTION ALLOWED PLEASE!
v137a
bitHood

X-Trek clearance at TRU

Post by v137a »

Out of stock online, but a heck of a deal if you find it in-store. It's in their after-Christmas flyer, so it should be good in-store.

1:60 Scale X-Trek Pro 15' Race Track Set - $19.99 w/ 2 cars :grin:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... Id=3029050
sidewinder
bitProphet

Re: X-Trek clearance at TRU

Post by sidewinder »

Nice find. I got the last one we had at the $39 price but I'll have to head up thr road and see if I can find some at the next town's TRU. :-o
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

I was just going to post about this, good thing my Firefox session bombed now that I see this.

I nearly shit a full grown midget when I saw the price of $20 on this thing!...Cheaper than buying just a car!

All the negative comments about these things are pretty much true...
- The cars twitch and have shit range like the 1st gen ZZSE
- The Center-Lane dividers pop right out with not too much of a hit

...Even so, the Xtrek-Pro cars are nearly IDENTICAL in scale to Zips and Bit! Which means the track is great for using Bits/Zips on (after some minor tweaking).

I bought 2 sets, I'm thinkin HARD about going back and picking up at least 1 more set.

Here's a few pics to show size of the track and also comparison with one of the new ZZ Camaros

bitPlaya'

Post by lovedoctor »

I swear, pimps, I had a feeling this was gonna happen.

The amount of trouble I had finding one that really worked was the "Writing on the wall"

Luckily, I returned both attempts at XTrek Pro, but not before keeping an XTrek Pro Enzo body for myself!

So, the full size kit's cars are glitched like the individual car sets? Oh well. Maybe if I find some extra scratch, I'll try the full size kit (there's a handful on the shelves of my local TRU). We'll see.

The thing that hurts most, is that my first attempt was so close to perfect...except I only used it once upon opening the box...waited a few days to try it again, and that's when alll H-E-double hockey sticks broke loose.

Maybe I'll get lucky this time,

LoveDoc
He who will not reason is a biggot,
He who cannot is a fool,
He who dares not is a slave.
--Sir William Drummond
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

Okay, I've learned some things and did some things to adjust...

How SHITTY I've learned the X-Trek Pro is...
- X-Trek Pro cars are; loose, wet dog stools. Glitch, glitch, glitch and responsiveness to minor control adjustments is shit, it might as well be a Bit/ZZ since it only seems to understand either FULL On or FULL Off (for both the steering and speed).
- They must've used post-it notes glue for the silver stickers used in connecting the center-lane dividers. The turdly things have ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE sticking power.
- The center-lane dividers don't stay in-place too well. Especially in the turns, where the cars can get a good bump in, they pretty much pop right out of their slots.
- Especially in the turning track pieces, the height difference of the road-area between the connecting track pieces can get to be a pretty good sized lip. Causing unwanted flips and off-track jumps.

Adjustments I've made...
- As bloody stool like as the X-Trek Pro cars are..Still, they've got potential for hacking or the very least hack the dual-cell from series to parallel to slow the thing down so it actually stays on the track.).
- SCREW the center-lane connecting stickers! I tossed the used ones and let my Son play with the remainders. Instead I pulled out the trusty roll of Duct Tape and cut pieces to appropriate size and it works perfectly.
- Duct Tape is THE MAN! I also used it to cover over the road "potholes" where tracks meet and don't always match up. The height variance is still there, but driving over them is MUCH smoother now.
- I tried running Bits with different speed Motors and found the 1.6 a good choice. It's fast enough that's it right on the edge of popping off the track at full speed at the turns, but slow enough where you don't have to constantly pulse the speed to manage it...ZZSEs' and Turbo-button Bits/MS with maybe a 3.0 motor would be really sweet.

For people looking for an out-of-the-box racetrack that works well...This sure as shit ain't it. But if you're someone that doesn't mind doing a few "fixes" (and especially for as cheap as it is right now), these tracks have some serious potential for fun!