Raidentech Shen Qi's - $25 gets U 5...

This is for all the latest RC finds, deals and steals users find and pass along to the rest of us. Find some $5.00 bits at Toys R Us? Let everyone else know too! NO SELF SITE PROMOTION ALLOWED PLEASE!
PimpFloyd
bitGangsta'

Raidentech Shen Qi's - $25 gets U 5...

Post by PimpFloyd »

Howdy,

I'm not sure if this is a real "hook-up" price-wise but Raidentech has a 5 for $25 buck deal going on currently for Shen Qi Wei bit-clones. I bought a batch. Mixed bodies based on their choice. I got a good mix of two different frequencies. Fun little bit clones for the money and for modding/hacking projects. Coil type steering, 120mA NiMH battery, "clunky" buttons on TX but you get used to them.

FYI - Enjoy!

Floyd 8)
payaso
bitPimp

Re: Raidentech Shen Qi's - $25 gets U 5...

Post by payaso »

Link?

Welcome to the hood, holmes.

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
PimpFloyd
bitGangsta'

Post by PimpFloyd »

Pay - Thanks for the welcome!

Sidewinder - Thanks for posting the links, I missed the 48 for $185 deal! :shock: :P
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Yeah, I think I'll order 10 of those 48 cars deals... :roll:

I just noticed the name, well, I guess I should say it just sunk in...love it :-o It's been a while since was comfortably numb, but I'm still a huge Floyd fan.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
PimpFloyd
bitGangsta'

Post by PimpFloyd »

Thanks Sidewinder...you know how it is when you join a forum and have to come up with a user name - the first thing pops into one's "warped mind". :?

Last night I started tearing into my first Shen clone, I kinda like these little guys. They're pretty simple and straight forward compared to a new generation RS uXMOD...less clap-trap, smaller PCB and I REALLY like the fact that the battery isn't hard-wired.

A good starting point for a virgin "pimp-ster" wanting to stretch the chassis to fit an HO slot car body - old school AF/X Ford Capri body from the 70's :)

Floyd 8)
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

Cheap stuff you intend to hack and tear-up, no problem. Otherwise I wouldn't recommend buying from Raidentech.

I had previously ordered a couple of times from them, they used ZERO package protection for shipping and getting any clear info with their Customer Service is a moot effort.

Check out this link, there's a shitload of dislikers:
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Raiden_Technology

If you decide to give it a go anyway, here's a couple of coupons to use to save a coupla bucks

10% off code: monkeybargains
Or
Free Shipping code: CJFREESHIPPING
bitGangsta'

Post by PimpFloyd »

Thanks for the heads-up Namuna. My stuff made it safely but I did notice it wasn't packed very well - in retrospect, the shipping charges made it a "luke-warm" deal.

Are there better RC distributors that still offer bit-clones at or around the 5 buck range?

Floyd