Menards Hookup - Bit Clone Trucks!

This is for all the latest RC finds, deals and steals users find and pass along to the rest of us. Find some $5.00 bits at Toys R Us? Let everyone else know too! NO SELF SITE PROMOTION ALLOWED PLEASE!
PimpFloyd
bitGangsta'

Menards Hookup - Bit Clone Trucks!

Post by PimpFloyd »

My local Menards has it's Christmas toys in stock - they had two cases of bit clone cars and these trucks. Basic bit clone under pinnings, coil bang-bang steering etc.

They work pretty well, range is a little iffy - might need a mod. A "bit" pricey at $7.99 but hey, locally available truck fodder for the project bin.

BTW - Menards is a Midwestern based home improvement store for you "coasters" out there :-)

Enjoy :)
frizzen
bitDisciple

Re: Menards Hookup - Bit Clone Trucks!

Post by frizzen »

Good to see Menards has the Charg-n-go clones back again!
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

I'[ll have to check ours, we had these at the Wallgreens for a while but they quit carrying the trucks... Thanks PF. :-o
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
PimpFloyd
bitGangsta'

Post by PimpFloyd »

The blue one goes like snot and steers pretty well - a daily driver.

The yellar one's kinda of a dud and has "Tourettes Steering"...it's on the mod bench. ;-)

The steering mechanics on these are pretty sloppy - I may try to bush the linkages up or something. :?
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

I'm disappointed, our Menards only has cars that back u and turn in reverse. I'll have to check back latter.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand