Radio Shack HookUps....

This is for all the latest RC finds, deals and steals users find and pass along to the rest of us. Find some $5.00 bits at Toys R Us? Let everyone else know too! NO SELF SITE PROMOTION ALLOWED PLEASE!
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

DarkTari wrote:They don't have any of dem outlets around here, but some RS still have quite a bit of Zaps still in stock. The "Monster Patrol" is the only ZZ priced at $17.95 (most expensive) and it was one of the 1st ones out !!!!!!
I was at a Rat Shack on Saturday in Bethlehem and they still had the original ZZ SE at 24.95. The DB5 was at $12.49. The also didn't lower the price of the Lancer or F150 Xmod.

I picked up a F150 on Sunday in Langhorn for 29.99 (Love them coupons, but I only have a couple left).

I'm holding one coupon for the piccoZ helicopter, it better show up before the coupons expire. :mad:
Sitting at my workbench in my comfortable little Hobbit hole.
Rheinholdt

Good Morning.

Post by Rheinholdt »

This Pimps playing hooky from work :eek: Actually still feeling run down from the summer cold.

Anyway, gonna slip out for a bit of breakfast and then slide down the highway to Ameritronics and scope what's left. I'm pretty sure I paid $12.47, maybe less, for my Monster Patrol there. Paid the same for the Vanquish.

Oh, Yeah! Bilbo. I've been scoping those PiccoZ helis too. My Shack still had some @$30 last time I looked. I didn't get a chance to try it since a guy and his kid were playing with the demo but it looked like the main rotor doesn't have a speed control? To "land" it appeared that you have to cut the power and "slam" the ground.

Will report back in a few hours on the Zip status.

Respectfully, Ron.
nosce teipsum
SuperFly
bitPimp

Re: Good Morning.

Post by SuperFly »

Rheinholdt wrote:Oh, Yeah! Bilbo. I've been scoping those PiccoZ helis too. My Shack still had some @$30 last time I looked. I didn't get a chance to try it since a guy and his kid were playing with the demo but it looked like the main rotor doesn't have a speed control? To "land" it appeared that you have to cut the power and "slam" the ground.
No, the RS Pico has a speed control for the main rotor, and it is entirely possible to do a soft landing. Both controls (up/down (main rotor), rotation (tail rotor) are proportional, so you can fly it with a fair amount of finesse. The biggest "problem" to be aware of is you have to charge it with the controller (like a ZZ or bit), and with a fresh set of good quality 6xAA alkaline cells, you will only get about 6-7 charges before you don't get a good enough charge to fly properly. This will manifest itself as the inability to get it trimmed so it doesn't spin counter-clockwise, as there is enough power to the main rotor to lift, but not enough to the tail rotor to stabilize. Unfortunately, this happens around the time you've crashed enough to think you've broken it, but it just sucks the batteries FAST.
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

SuperFly wrote:The biggest "problem" to be aware of is you have to charge it with the controller (like a ZZ or bit), and with a fresh set of good quality 6xAA alkaline cells, you will only get about 6-7 charges before you don't get a good enough charge to fly properly. This will manifest itself as the inability to get it trimmed so it doesn't spin counter-clockwise, as there is enough power to the main rotor to lift, but not enough to the tail rotor to stabilize. Unfortunately, this happens around the time you've crashed enough to think you've broken it, but it just sucks the batteries FAST.
Sounds like some pimps are going to work on designing a AC powered stand alone charger for it.

Either that or invest in Eveready, Duracell, and Varta. :grin:
Sitting at my workbench in my comfortable little Hobbit hole.
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

SuperFly wrote:The biggest "problem" to be aware of is you have to charge it with the controller (like a ZZ or bit), and with a fresh set of good quality 6xAA alkaline cells, you will only get about 6-7 charges before you don't get a good enough charge to fly properly. This will manifest itself as the inability to get it trimmed so it doesn't spin counter-clockwise, as there is enough power to the main rotor to lift, but not enough to the tail rotor to stabilize. Unfortunately, this happens around the time you've crashed enough to think you've broken it, but it just sucks the batteries FAST.
Good to know.
And someone make sure to make a tut for the AC conversion for us non 'lectrical pimps. Maybe you could make it so that the AC and DC run in parallel, all you have to do is switch off the DC and plug in the AC. That way you have a charger and a controller that you can take outside on those still nights :???:

Maxx
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

Maxximum Attack wrote:
Good to know.
And someone make sure to make a tut for the AC conversion for us non 'lectrical pimps. Maybe you could make it so that the AC and DC run in parallel, all you have to do is switch off the DC and plug in the AC. That way you have a charger and a controller that you can take outside on those still nights :???:

Maxx
I have some comments about that, but I'm going to do it over in the other Pico thread in "miscellaneous..."
Rheinholdt

Arghhhh!!!

Post by Rheinholdt »

Yo' Pimps,

Well, i got serious ruded out at Ameritronics. Walked in and checked out the center display and was choked to see that the monster trucks had a $19.99 price sign on them. They had a fair supply of Monster Patrol, Hulk and even at least one Spiderman. Several MT motor/gear upgrade sets but no price marked on them.

I quickly went over to the wall where the rest of their supply was and was relieved to see that they were still $12.47 for the cars, SE & OG. No sooner did I start checking them out than the lady practically ran from behind the counter over to the Zipz, almost pushed me out of her way and pulled alll the $12.47 signs from the shelves. I asked "What's going on?" She said the clearance was over. Shame. They had several Orange Mach 1s (I was going to buy one of those, Love those Ponies), a Blue Ford GT (Oh, yeah!), something called Evos and assorted other cars.

After staring at them for a while I went up to the counter and asked "How much are they now?". $19.99 she said at which point I gave her my back and walked out. Bummer.

Thinking the worst I went home and called Dallas TV, which is more than an hour drive for me, to see if they did the same thing. Happy to say they had not. They have three BonSpeed Stangs at $11.97each and three HUTs at $12.47 each. I just need to decide if I want one of each bad enough to use the gas to drive up there. I pretty much do and in my Metro I figure the round trip would be under $10. The guy was a bit busy so I couldn't really find out what else they might have.

Well, anyway, that's about the shape of things. Gotta hit the laundromat so talk at you all later.

Respectfully, Rheinholdt.
nosce teipsum
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :B:SS:US:1

Image $9.99 :eek:
Rheinholdt wrote:Anyway, gonna slip out for a bit of breakfast and then slide down the highway to Ameritronics and scope what's left. I'm pretty sure I paid $12.47, maybe less, for my Monster Patrol there. Paid the same for the Vanquish.

That's a damn good price cause I haven't seen them any cheaper that $17.97, and
that was just yesterday. 8)
Rheinholdt wrote:They had several Orange Mach 1s (I was going to buy one of those, Love those Ponies), a Blue Ford GT (Oh, yeah!), something called Evos and assorted other cars.

I just got an Orange Stang & White GT40 for $15.50 from RS. This is the last week for the $10.00 coupons (which Bilbo sent me a few) so I'm using them all up! Getting everything I don't have.
Just can't make myself buy that Viper :lol:
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

DarkTari wrote:Getting everything I don't have.
Just can't make myself buy that Viper :lol:
:lol: Just tell yourself it's a Miata, or something it does look like :lol:

I haven't paid for it because I can't think of anything that it resembles.
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

Another HUGE ZipZap Lot :eek: Go Get'em Pimps 8-)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :B:SS:US:1

DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

Call me dumb, but I am kinda bummed that they never came out /w Zips from Tokyo Drift. At least something good could have come from that movie.
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

Aren't new ZZs coming soon?
With the release of the new Xmods? I'm sure I heard rumours.
Sat4life27 are you responsible for that?

Maxx
itzlinky

Post by itzlinky »

Finks wrote:Call me dumb, but I am kinda bummed that they never came out /w Zips from Tokyo Drift. At least something good could have come from that movie.
A few of those 350Z's from the movie couldn't hurt, :). The hawtness.

Or that 67 Stang Fastback....or the Veilside Fortune RX-7...asking for too much, lol.
sat4life27
bitPimp

Post by sat4life27 »

Hey Pimps, The Pro Pulses are on sale for $99 dollars and if you can get ahold of a friends and family discount card you can get the vehicle and battery kit for right at $98.

Happy Holidays Pimps!