Radio Shack HookUps....

This is for all the latest RC finds, deals and steals users find and pass along to the rest of us. Find some $5.00 bits at Toys R Us? Let everyone else know too! NO SELF SITE PROMOTION ALLOWED PLEASE!
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

:D :-D :smile: :eek: :grin: :-o
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

Yeeeeah baby! Made a nice little score today.

Picked up a couple of MTs, SEs and some accessories. They were trying to give me hassle about the extra 25% off saying all discounts are already taken off...But I corrected them as the verbiage specifically says "Take an ADDITIONAL 25% off the lowest marked price on clearance items".

I was also looking real hard at the Xmods Evolutions on sale...But I got no place to run a car, but I DO want an Xmods truck. Are the Trucks much different that the regular Evo? Can I just get a regular Evo and use all the truck upgrades on it???
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

You mean they had some shit left :lol:
Wonder if the ones goin outta business have the same offer :???:
I always go there and pick-up some printer cartridges at 30% off and
get a few $10.00 off coupons for my ZipZap habit...

I'l be a hittin a couple today 8-)
skylinekid
bitGangsta'

Post by skylinekid »

I just got 2 bondspeed Mustangs, 2 wheel sets, and 3 body sets for $12 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
"...life is just a big bowl of cherries, a bunch of fairies screaming to be scary." - Limp Biscuit
blindrider3
bitPlaya'

Post by blindrider3 »

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index ... 02.2032408

Just saw that, not sure if it has been posted before though.
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

sat4life27 wrote:Hey pimps, from the 9th to the 11th, radioshack is having a sidewalk sale. All clearance items will have an addition 25% off the clearance price. So the clearance zaps, xmods, and parts will be even cheaper. Plus any of the other clearance stuff will be cheap.
Anyone want to pick me up something?
This is what I have to trade:
http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpFo ... php?t=7839

I really just want a car to make into a convertable. But it has to have a convertable versioon in real life. I have ideas for a 350Z but they're hard to find as is. I'm looking to go Targa top rather than a full chop.

Trading for Sexy_Rose and a MS speed set (49MHz) both never used.

Thanx
Maxx
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

Me and the wife hit a closing Rat Shack yesterday and hit the motherload.

Following are the high lights and prices if I remeber them
X-Mod Evolution Lancer ($20.00)
X-Mod Evo Hummer (20.00)
2 = Aluminum wheels (5.97)
Blue F150 body ($6.40)
Evo ground effect lights (5.20)
all wheel drive for Evo
Drop for Evo Truck
Slammed Wheels for Truck
2 Racing Suspension for Evo.
Shocks for Evo

Add a couple more of the $10.00 coupons.

I took the Hummer and made it into a dropped F150 and put the ground effect lights on it for my wife.

I'm heading to a different closing store tonight to see if I can get another truck and F150 body (For Lifted 4x4). Some Ball Bearings would be nice too. and maybe another car to put my spare NSX body onto. I've been tempted to paint it for a while and with the aluminum wheels and a EVO chassis it might be the right time.

It looks like I'm going to have to get the spacers and lock nuts soon for my fleet of cars and trucks. I wonder if Home Depot or Lowes would have the right size. :grin:
Sitting at my workbench in my comfortable little Hobbit hole.
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

DAMN YOU Bilbo!!!!

Man, I've been SALIVATING for a Hummer/F150 Evo! But they're normal price everywhere.

Is there some trick to finding the stores that are closing? I'm on a Monster Truck/Truck kick right now (did the ZZMT Articulation mod last night) and the Hummer Evo is on my want list!
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

I went to a RS I'd never been to before on the way home from work Friday. They still had 3-$3.94 Sampsons and 1-$4.98 Hummer at 25% off. I couldn't believe there were any left (since I cleaned out all the others :lol: ), so I picked up those and a Mustang/PT Cruiser kit.

Saturday I went to a closing one and got an XMod Hummer for $25.00. The 25% didn't apply to the closing store's and I couldn't use my $10.00 in conjunction with the 25% at the others....... So I guess I'll be picking up $20.00 worth-a-shit, using my $10.00 coupon and getting that shit for 1/2 price 8-)
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

Namuna wrote:DAMN YOU Bilbo!!!!

Man, I've been SALIVATING for a Hummer/F150 Evo! But they're normal price everywhere.

Is there some trick to finding the stores that are closing? I'm on a Monster Truck/Truck kick right now (did the ZZMT Articulation mod last night) and the Hummer Evo is on my want list!
Go to Radio Shack's site and use the store locator. They will tell you all the stores in the area and have marked which one's are closing. The one's that are closing in the region I live and spend time in (Philadelphia and the Lehigh Valley) the closing stores have big Store Closing Signs below their rat shack sign. The one yesterday had everything 40-60 percent off (original price) and it was 60% off X-Mods. The Aluminum Rims they made it 60% off the clearance price of $14.97 not the $24.99 original price. :-D I was going to pick some up at $14.97 now I'm glad I waited.

I'll see how many I end up with and the price (I got the last good truck at the store yesterday.) A little shipping & handling :???:

The F-150 body comes with the extender for the EVO Truck.
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

Found the "trick" to finding a closing store...

1. To the radioshack.com
2. Do a Store Locator and enter your zip
3. Look for the stores marked with a red $ tag saying "Closing: Everything on Sale"

I just got done calling 8 different closing stores (all the way out to 40 miles away from my zip code)...NONE of them had ANY Xmods left, let alone the Evo Trucks. :sad:
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

Namuna wrote:Found the "trick" to finding a closing store...

1. To the radioshack.com
2. Do a Store Locator and enter your zip
3. Look for the stores marked with a red $ tag saying "Closing: Everything on Sale"

I just got done calling 8 different closing stores (all the way out to 40 miles away from my zip code)...NONE of them had ANY Xmods left, let alone the Evo Trucks. :sad:
Sorry dude, look's like road trip to PHILLY. :eek: Or did you check Philly PA stores, don't know where in Joisey you are. I'm guessing you need a CARE package.
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

I'm in Northern Jersey (Secaucus). I just tried in the PA areas (my bro lives in Allentown). Closest closing Ratshack was like 25miles out and when I called the guy just answered "Hello" and I asked is this Radioshack and he said "Not anymore".

I'll put the trucks on the backburner on my want list for now I guess...And I'll keep Ratshack hot deals on my watchlist. I'll just have to console myself that at least I DID get some precious booty on the Clearance + extra 25% off deals.
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

The only Allentown area store I knew was closing was in the Westgate Mall in Bethlehem. Nice people there. They weren't closing due to the shutdown but because the mall choked when they wanted a bigger store.
skylinekid
bitGangsta'

Post by skylinekid »

Well as most of you know I had went on a Cross Country Ride from Florida to Canada. Im now in Ohio and am going to be home tommorow. I had stoped at lots of Radioshacks and bought a ton of very cheap stuff. I even got a free Red 350Z Zip Zap without a remote. All the stuff I bought was Zip Zap stuff and I think I found some really nice stuff!!! All together I spent less then $40 on my stuff. Pictures below.

All the Stuff (all four ZZ's with controllers were NIB when bought)(also bough a Newer Rim kit, allready installed)

My best find, I've been looking for this FOREVER!!!!!!
"...life is just a big bowl of cherries, a bunch of fairies screaming to be scary." - Limp Biscuit