Suprise of the year, T.J. Maxx?

This is for all the latest RC finds, deals and steals users find and pass along to the rest of us. Find some $5.00 bits at Toys R Us? Let everyone else know too! NO SELF SITE PROMOTION ALLOWED PLEASE!
Tuner1989
bitNinja

Suprise of the year, T.J. Maxx?

Post by Tuner1989 »

Just another boring night running errands right? Wrong, i come across this gem in where i would have never had thought to look. I spotted the box from across the store, in the rather small toy section. I thought to myself theres no way in hell that's the microsizers emblem. Walked over and it was :eek: , last one too :-D ! It almost gave me that old feeling i would get when shopping at target to pick up microsizers. Those were the days, anyways i'll stop rambling here's the pics.

Last edited by Tuner1989 on Wed May 24, 2006 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

I've never seen that set before? It's either the Bit CharG or the 3 Body MS set. Nice Pick-up! :-o
I still always check the toy sections of TJMaxx (which I just did on Sunday), Kohls, Marshall's, etc for just such leftovers.
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

I picked up one after work today!!! :-D

Last one left.

I think I might take a ride out to the other TJMaxx and check.

Thanks for ther heads up. :cool:

This is one set that has been eluding me. Not anymore. :-o

Shouldn't or couldn't this be in the "Da Hook-up" section? :???:
I had a bit of trouble trying to find this post to give praise.
Tuner1989
bitNinja

Post by Tuner1989 »

:???: I guess this could have been in either, i thought about it but wasnt sure earlier. I knew a pimp would move it, if it felt out of place. :-o

No problem SG, glad to hear you scored a set!
:cool:
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

Tuner1989 wrote::???: I guess this could have been in either, i thought about it but wasnt sure earlier. I knew a pimp would move it, if it felt out of place. :-o

This set has 3 bodies! I thought there were only 2 until I went back and examined a lil closer. :?
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Hmmm, I don't see any Hobbico logo. Could these have been intended for a different market? I just think its odd that Tower never cleared thesed out, they remained $30, but then they're showing up at TJMaxx. I would have ordered one if they ewere only $15. :mad:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Tuner1989
bitNinja

Post by Tuner1989 »

DarkTari wrote:
Tuner1989 wrote::???: I guess this could have been in either, i thought about it but wasnt sure earlier. I knew a pimp would move it, if it felt out of place. :-o

This set has 3 bodies! I thought there were only 2 until I went back and examined a lil closer. :?
Yep 3 bodies, and there all sexy. :-o Also comes with interchangble wheels.
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

crazydave wrote:Hmmm, I don't see any Hobbico logo. Could these have been intended for a different market? I just think its odd that Tower never cleared thesed out, they remained $30, but then they're showing up at TJMaxx. I would have ordered one if they ewere only $15. :mad:
KB Cleared them out a while ago....
http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpFo ... php?t=7305

I got the Ferrari & Lambo sets for $14.95ea when KB was clearing them out.
If you look at their website now, they're back to $34.95. I also picked up a couple off eBay for $15.00 incl s/h. 8-)
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

I stopped by a few TJ Maxx's and all that was found was the Tyco 4x4 & NKOK 4x4 and SSR, no Bit's :-?
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

I was in Houston today and saw a T.J. Maxx so thought I would stop by and see what they had and low and behold I got the Ferrari & 2 Lambo sets for $12.00 each set. The box on the one set had some wear but the cars were all still in great condition!

Thanks for letting me know about the T. J. Maxx hook up! Next time I go to Houston I might check out some more Maxx's :-o
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
Tuner1989
bitNinja

Post by Tuner1989 »

steelwoolghandi wrote:I was in Houston today and saw a T.J. Maxx so thought I would stop by and see what they had and low and behold I got the Ferrari & 2 Lambo sets for $12.00 each set. The box on the one set had some wear but the cars were all still in great condition!

Thanks for letting me know about the T. J. Maxx hook up! Next time I go to Houston I might check out some more Maxx's :-o
No problem steel, glad to hear you scored some goods :-o . I'm still keeping my eye out for the lambo set, i think i'll go looking this weekend and see if i have any luck.