1:32 Scale @ Radio Shack

This is for all the latest RC finds, deals and steals users find and pass along to the rest of us. Find some $5.00 bits at Toys R Us? Let everyone else know too! NO SELF SITE PROMOTION ALLOWED PLEASE!
LBRC
bitGangsta'

Post by LBRC »

HACHI-RYOKU wrote:I've been looking at those Nikko's and thinking about puting a few lithiums in it. They have AA and AAA lithiums out now. I bet 2 lithiums and a little more work on some other things might turn that Nikko into a racer. Maybe it's worth it. If I break it, oh well, it's only $20. I bet I could even adapt a H-plate and spring suspension via old school BettyK style.

Any chance I can get a pic of the PCB? I would like to know what kind of H-bridge it's using.

What size motor does it use?
Very short shaft 130 motor.
Remember it runs on 3 volts.
Uses transistors setup like a bit clone, solid rear axle, goes left, right, frward, backward.

Suppose you could put two 14500 LiIons in parallel for the worlds longest running oversized bit clone.
HACHI-RYOKU
bitPimp

Post by HACHI-RYOKU »

Same size transistors as a bit? If so, then I wouldn't be surprised if the PCB only accepts a max 5 volts.

Is it proportional?
Last edited by HACHI-RYOKU on Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cause I ride around town on my low-rider bicycle.
LBRC
bitGangsta'

Post by LBRC »

No
HACHI-RYOKU
bitPimp

Post by HACHI-RYOKU »

"no" to both questions?
Cause I ride around town on my low-rider bicycle.
LBRC
bitGangsta'

Post by LBRC »

Propo-No
5 volts, only if your lucky.
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

In RS yesterday and saw 2 new Nikko's, Ford GT & Porsche Carrera GT. These muthas look bad ass ! RS site ain't got no pics up yet! :-?
lovedoctor
bitPlaya'

Yeah...but,

Post by lovedoctor »

I know this may sound stoopid but....

Anyone think the body of the 1:32 Enzo will fit on a 1:28 XMOD?

I really like the Enzo look and just bought the new XMOD Ugly orange corvette on black Friday. I like it fine, but there's nothing like that Enzo.

Would've named my first born Enzo after seeing that car. hehehehe

Latta Dawgs,

Love Doc :)
He who will not reason is a biggot,
He who cannot is a fool,
He who dares not is a slave.
--Sir William Drummond
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

I dunno about that body but Toy East used to sell the Enzo and other tight azz bodies that I thought would fit the XMod's.....

http://www.toyeast.com/v3/ncatlvl1list.asp?cid=1
lovedoctor
bitPlaya'

Thanks, Dark

Post by lovedoctor »

You da man!

If anyone has a pic of the underside of the Mini-Z bodies, that would be great, so I can figure out how much modding I'd have to to to get the body to hold tight to the XMOD chassis.

Silla in Manilla, Gorillas :)
He who cannot is a fool,
--Sir William Drummond
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

No pics (since I don't have a mini-z) but I did remember seeing this on the Atomic Mods site:

Will the Autoscale body fit my Xmod Evo? If so, which one?

It requires customizing the Autoscale body, and several of our customers have done this successfully. Autoscale bodies are an aftermarket part designed to fit Kyosho's line of Mini-Zs. The Mini-Z bodies (and therefore all Autoscale bodies) have a nose clip and two side clips which hold the body onto the chassis. On the other hand, XMODS, both Gen1 and Evo, have a nose clip and a tail clip, but no side clips. So you would have to buy an Autoscale body and then modify it by removing the side clips and adding a rear clip somehow.
Furthermore, you will have to experiment with different Evo chassis configurations to determine which length provides the best fit for your Autoscale body of choice.

Customers ask us all the time "Which autoscale body will fit on my Evo configuration XYZ?" Although this customization is possible, the parts (Evo Chassis - Autoscale Body) were not originally desgined for each other. The possible combiniations are extremely numerous and we do not have any plans to experiment with this ourselves. May the force be with you.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
lovedoctor
bitPlaya'

Post by lovedoctor »

Thanks, yo!

I think the rear clip on the XMOD body (btw, the latest XMODS are called XMOD street, and the EVO was dropped for some reason--not sure what this amounts to) is screwed down. I might be able to unscrew the clip and find some slag plastic to melt onto the Toys East body, and drill some screw holes throught the slag to accept the XMODs clip.

the problem is the wheel wells--will they line up or will I need to shape them as well? I guess that also means I'll need to look into the height of the XMODs chassis and the space available in the Toys East body.

I'm not about to drop $30 without seeing one up close and in person. I'll try my local hobby shop to see if they have 1:28 scale bodies.

Thanks again, dog.
He who cannot is a fool,
--Sir William Drummond
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

No problem. One thing you might want to do before looking at the bodies is to try and measure the different lengths the Xmod can be set at. At least both of the previous generations had adjustable wheelbases, I'm assuming the new ones do too. Unless you are planning on the AWD upgrade it should be easy to make a custom wheelbase by fabing a different length plate. Before you go spending too much on an overpriced Mini-Z body (unless you have one you really want) check out this tutorial from a British Xmods forum. http://www.xmodsforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=34
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
lovedoctor
bitPlaya'

Post by lovedoctor »

Sorry Dawg,

Already added the AWD mod to my 2008 Corvette Z06 (Atomic Orange).

So I guess wheel base mod is out of the question, no? It did come with different size drive shafts, though. Maybe I can play with it a little?

Haven't been able to find 1:28 scale bodies. Damn, I miss being in Brooklyn. They abide by NYC's credo: "If you want it, it's for sale"

Silla in Manilla, Gorillas!

Love Doc :)
He who cannot is a fool,
--Sir William Drummond
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

The three shafts are for the three stock wheelbases, but, if you want a custom wheelbase you could go to a hardware store and find a steel, brass or aluminum rod in the same diameter and cut it to length. It should be pretty easy and cheap. If you really get into it you can pick up pieces of carbon fibre and cut your own chassis.