Bit Alloy Wheels

This is for all the latest RC finds, deals and steals users find and pass along to the rest of us. Find some $5.00 bits at Toys R Us? Let everyone else know too! NO SELF SITE PROMOTION ALLOWED PLEASE!
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Bit Alloy Wheels

Post by steelwoolghandi »

I found a place to purchase the Scala43 Alumum wheels for bits its in the UK and the prices are not cheap:

http://www.grandprixmodels.com/shop/res ... ne&c=&#res
I am trying to find a US outlet or at least a cheaper place to buy them I have been in contact with a German outllet but its not easy to deal with them when it comes to money!

If I find out something better or cheaper I will post it.
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

mate, at an average price of $15USD a set I think that's a good freakin' price :-o

I've got some UK hookups. Trying to see if any of them are close to this place, If so then we may be in business.

Ever since I got my ZZse's I wanted more sets. Sold the only set I had several ice ages ago.... :?

ph2t.
People are mean to you because you're a fucking idiot.
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

bitPimp

Numana not all the dealers sell just the wheels I tried the US dealers and not one of them sell the wheels. (oh ya that sucks).

I contacted many of the dealers and sent out emails en Mass and the UK guys and the German guys are the ones I got back the UK guys are the only ones that actualy sent me pricing.

I was thinking of doing a group buy with the UK guys but might not save enough to make it worth while so I put the pricing up here. If I can get a better price from the German contacts I will let ya'll know.

PH2T I guess that since there cars go for over $250.00 USD that around $15.00 for 4 wheels should be expected..... :???:
My other hangout! R7R
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

Here's an old old OLD ass link, they sell the wheels with an Axel (the last Group Buy I was in for these, like a couple of years ago, didn't come with axels).

German Site For Scala Wheels

Toss it through babelfish for a little english clarity.
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

ph2t wrote:mate, at an average price of $15USD a set I think that's a good freakin' price :-o
Ya, I'm pretty sure that's in the ballpark of what the guys in the OG buy paid for 'em...

I know I paid $15 a set when I bought some of the leftovers from the OG buy off of EZ...

Hell, I used one set and I'm still sittin' on another set and I'd gladly pay that much for a few more :-)(liking that I'd have more choice this time)
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

How funny that this is coming around when just last night I was glueing my first set of Alloy wheels that I'd gotten from that OG Group Buy...Sometimes it takes a "little" while for me to get to things. :shock:

Post by payaso »

Namuna wrote:Scroll to the bottom.

http://www.scala43.com/scala43/dealer.htm
I actually bought "mini bimmers" last set of scalas.

I have one set from the og group buy, and 2 sets of the very first run from the German site. These have the nubs on the back wheel.

I had my friend in Germany go to the store, and buy them. These are indeed the sweetest ones I own.

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

My biggest problem with the alloys was not having a good enough understanding of the sizing before purchasing, so I have 2 or 3 sets that are just too big for a standard ZZ/bit. Either too wide or too tall or both. It's not like Scala makes it easy to figure it out. My advice would be to choose your wheels based on size rather than style. No point in having bitchin wheels if you have to leave them in the package.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

SuperFly wrote:My biggest problem with the alloys was not having a good enough understanding of the sizing before purchasing, so I have 2 or 3 sets that are just too big for a standard ZZ/bit. Either too wide or too tall or both. It's not like Scala makes it easy to figure it out. My advice would be to choose your wheels based on size rather than style. No point in having bitchin wheels if you have to leave them in the package.
Same here. 9mm is apparently ideal. I've got 8mms, 10mms, 11mms, but no 9mms. The 10s work, but are too wide. The 8mm are too wide for that matter. :(

And I think $15 is a good price, that is what I paid in the OG group buy.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Here is a list of all the wheels and the sizes in MM's I think you are right CD the 9.0mm or 9.5mm or even 9.8 is going to be the best.

the list:
http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... f%26sa%3DG

I have the 10.5 MM on my Chevy but the body is vary wide so the wheels work out great.
My other hangout! R7R
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

Well I just put in an order for two sets....
Well see how it goes. They're not in stock but they say you can order them. 6 - 8 weeks, pffft..... :?

At least their policies state that they charge you once your item is shipped. Not before....

we'll see...... :eek:

ph2t.
People are mean to you because you're a fucking idiot.
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Ok I might have a US connection here Michael Lenhardt, Mini Bimmers, New Jersey he emailed me and said he had two sets in stock (they were not anything I wanted) but he said if I let him know what I wanted he would order them for me.

I would have to see what his prices were but I bet they would be better then what I would pay out of the UK or Germany!

His cost for the wheels he had in stock were $12.00 and $14.00 and thats not bad!

So if anyone wants to put in an order to him we might be able to get a good deal if he orders all at once! :???:
My other hangout! R7R
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

steelwoolghandi wrote:Ok I might have a US connection here Michael Lenhardt, Mini Bimmers, New Jersey

He's a cool guy. I spoke with him a few years ago on the phone, so he might remember bitPimps.

I purchased a set (said it was his last) but it was way yoo big for a bit, but would be dope on a rope for a Epoch/Rat shack 1/43

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

Well, even though I still got 3 sets of alloy wheels that ain't been touched since I got em in the last OGBG...I'd still buy a set or 2 in a new GB.

I see they also sell the wheels in 15mm (supposedly 1/24th scale) so I might give that a shot for my Hummer Evo. Or if the new GB wheels came with an axle and 1 wheel had the divet spacer.