5off25 @ ToysRus, 10off50 @ TowerHobbies

This is for all the latest RC finds, deals and steals users find and pass along to the rest of us. Find some $5.00 bits at Toys R Us? Let everyone else know too! NO SELF SITE PROMOTION ALLOWED PLEASE!
Namuna
bitPimp

5off25 @ ToysRus, 10off50 @ TowerHobbies

Post by Namuna »

Here's the link for the $5 off $25 at ToysRus (expires 4/30/07). It's In-Store ONLY, so call ahead and verify before blowin the gas money.

http://www.fundsee.com/advance/tru5off25.jpg

There's also a $10 off $50 coupon for TowerHobbies. Use code 010J3 (expires 12/31/06)

Post by Namuna »

Picked up an Aero Ace for $20.69 at my local TRU today! Onsale for $24.99 and then got the additional $5 off!

Sweet!
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

I almost did that yesterday... which one did you get, the bi-plane, or the Stealth bomber-lookin' plane? I'm real curious how this will fly indoors.
stampede_dude
bitNinja

Post by stampede_dude »

The bi-plane is easier to fly, and can make a sharper turn. I have heard of people getting stealth bombers with problems. I strongly suggest you get the bi-plane.
Its better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

Yeah, my understanding is that the bipe can be flown in much tighter spaces.

I picked up the yellow/red/black bipe myself. It's actually a little bigger than I thought it would be, the pictures are a little misleading (to me anyway).

I've got a 11'x17' (9 1/2' high) Living Room and with the very little time I've flown the AA I'd say the only way this thing is an "indoor" flyer is if you've got a HUGE living room or you're flying it in a gymnasium.

That's not to say that after some practice and learning to fly the AA well that I couldn't make it fly in small/tight circles in my living room...But that would be fun for about 30 seconds.

Nah, in my opinion; The AA is a no/calm wind outdoor, or indoor gymnasium flyer.

Post by Namuna »

And here's a comparison shot...