check it out

This is for all the latest RC finds, deals and steals users find and pass along to the rest of us. Find some $5.00 bits at Toys R Us? Let everyone else know too! NO SELF SITE PROMOTION ALLOWED PLEASE!
Murdoch
bitDisciple

check it out

Post by Murdoch »

zzapultimate
bitThug

Post by zzapultimate »

It looks something like a cross between a bladerunner and a spin blade, using two main motors to control yaw, and the tail motor for forward/back. its a coax, 2 blades per rotor, and uses a flybar mechanism on the top rotor for stability. They're cheap too.

Here's another link for them: http://www.raidentech.com/newyemihy3ra.html
There is no greater bore than perfection.
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

Looks like $34.50 to me.
beanoman
bitGangsta'

Post by beanoman »

Reported to be pretty good on RCG.. I'm tempted, but want to go for a hobby class micro contrarotater soon.
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

Heard about these from RCG a few days ago. I would've already jumped on a couple but I'm waiting on some video and some confirmation on exactly what the frequency deal is. I'd like to buy one for the wife so we can fly around together.
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

hue35 wrote:Looks like $34.50 to me.
yea, i didn't know how much shipping would be.. it's most likely a different amount to ship to me than to you dude.
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

Murdoch wrote:
yea, i didn't know how much shipping would be.. it's most likely a different amount to ship to me than to you dude.
The shipping cost is listed as $14.50... that's all I'm sayin'.
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

It's all good.

hell, i'd love to hear/see how it flies.
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

Murdoch wrote:
It's probably a flat $14.50 fee...Which is well over the real cost of shipping.

A LOT of people play that game of offering a false initial cost and hammering you on the shipping. For 2 reasons; 1, because the cheap initial cost brings people in. 2, eBay listing fees don't charge you on the cost of shipping fees so people falsely inflate that cost so the eBay fees are minimalized.

All that said, the net cost of $34.50 shipped is still the lowest price around for that heli! When I found out about them, the reference buying spot was Raidentech ($39.99 +shipping).
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

Most of the time shipping fees don't make me irate. You have to figure the cost of shipping plus packaging material (Boxes, Peanuts, Bubble wrap, etc.). For businesses you also have to figure the cost of a person to box it up. Usually I figure for a 3 lb box $10.00 shipping is about right. Part of my job is to handle the shipping for the company I work for. Most of the items we ship for consumers the S&H charge is $10.00.

Don't get me started on insurance costs (I believe UPS charges $.35 for each hundred over the first $100.00). So when people are saying they are shipping UPS and the item is under $100.00 don't believe them when they want to hit you with insurance cost too.
Sitting at my workbench in my comfortable little Hobbit hole.
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

Yea, I'm part of that circle aswell Bilbo. I'm the dude who drives the stuff from the company or warehouse to either your door or the local depot.