4 Shen Qi Wei cars for $30 shipped

This is for all the latest RC finds, deals and steals users find and pass along to the rest of us. Find some $5.00 bits at Toys R Us? Let everyone else know too! NO SELF SITE PROMOTION ALLOWED PLEASE!
troyboy162

4 Shen Qi Wei cars for $30 shipped

Post by troyboy162 »

http://www.hobbytron.com/3ShenQiWeiCars1Free.html

thats the best deal i found to get into this. these are the new shen cars based on the "super bits" ive read. anyhow from everything ive read the electronics are solid and these bodies are sopposed to be good looking. And to boot theres 4 freqs. but really its the cheapest deal going other then a lot of 12 panthers that just sold on ebay for $32
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

dude, that's a fucken ripoff, they're just clones no matter how they dress them up.............
People are mean to you because you're a fucking idiot.
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

4 shens, $30 shipped, that's a better deal than I can get over here... considering shens were one of the best made... I wouldn't say it's a rip-off .... :-(
We don't need no god damn roads!
troyboy162

Post by troyboy162 »

ph2t wrote:dude, that's a fucken ripoff, they're just clones no matter how they dress them up.............
Your thinking 2002...do some research...this is as good as it gets. Most reviews ive read put these on par with bitcharG or better. There probly coming out of the same old factorys lol. We are talking cheap plastic asian toys here not anything serious.
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

troyboy162 wrote:Most reviews ive read put these on par with bitcharG or better.
The only comparison you could make would have to be the electronics and motors. Most of the Bits came with measly 1.0 or 2.2 motors, but there were motor upgrade options. If I'm not mistaken, the Shens maybe comes with a 2.6. That would be the ONLY way you could possibly give the Shen any kind of edge.

If all you care about is driving the car, then sure the Shens are probably a good choice.

...BUT if you're someone that actually likes to LOOK at the car, well then comparing a Shen to a Bit is like comparing a lump of hard shit to Selma Hayek. Tomy took their time in getting some sweet details on their shells, you could take a magnifying glass to a Bit shell and still appreciate the detail...No clones I know could undertake such scrutiny.

As it were.
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

If that is all you can get a hold of, get 'em. Then make the bodies look better by reading up on this website. :smile:
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

I don't think that's too bad of a deal. Not exactly a bargain, but not too bad.

I think when people say Shens are as good if not better than Bit Char-Gs, they're refering to the quality of the chassis, but I haven't found any clones that have the level of QC that bits have. In other words one might be great, better than a bit, but the next might be crap.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

Shens were/are at the top of the heap as far as clones go. I think that's a reasonable deal, especially because of the multi-frequency angle. That's hard to find, and will allow you to race more than two at a time. Sure real bits and Microsizers are of higher quality, but they are near impossible to find without paying "collectors" pricing.
troyboy162

Post by troyboy162 »

Namuna wrote: ...The only comparison you could make would have to be the electronics and motors. ....
yup thats what ive read so far. great stock motors, great electronics and reasonably good bodies.

got two lots of bitcharG bodies off ebay last night
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=015
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=015

and got materials to make a track in the 5X8 space ive got. hope these are as fun as you all have made them look!
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

troyboy162 wrote:
and got materials to make a track in the 5X8 space ive got. hope these are as fun as you all have made them look!
Make sure to post your progress! :-o
We don't need no god damn roads!
DarkTari
bitPimp

Post by DarkTari »

SuperFly wrote:Shens were/are at the top of the heap as far as clones go. I think that's a reasonable deal, especially because of the multi-frequency angle. That's hard to find, and will allow you to race more than two at a time. Sure real bits and Microsizers are of higher quality, but they are near impossible to find without paying "collectors" pricing.
Amen Brutha !
Well everybody know how I feel about Shen's ! Best clone EVER made IMO! Granted the bodies are not of Bit quality but they are not that bad (no clear glass). Great to Pimp Out! But that's definately not the best thing about Shen's/Rally Racers, it's the chassis! Granted they come with a 2.6 which makes them out-da-box faster than most all Micros, they also have GREAT range, they track straight and they handle great!!!! QC ??? I've NEVER had a bad one, and I've had/have a plenty, believe me! And if you've ever dropped a 3.0, 3.8 or 4.2 in one, they are the fastest shit out there (without dual bat or FET upgrades).

Never been a HobbyTron fan, always thought their shit was over priced but at $7.00 a pop, that's not that outrageous, especially if they're the latest Shen's! I'd plop that down if I didn't have a shit load of 'em already, and at this point I can be cheap when it comes to Micro purchases.
So I say go for it but just remember, these have been out for a long time, especially the old one's so you'll probably get a couple with corroded batteries. Although none of my Shen's, to this day have corroded, not one!
I've gotten some bits & Micro sizers that have, (Lambo / Ferrari sets) and a Mercedes CLK (that I'm Pimp'n for a local member) that has fuckin corroded and fucked up all the wires in the damn thing. And that's the last model Micro outta Tomy's factory????
Quality- :-o (inhouse)
Battery - :o (outside manufactor)
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

QC ??? I've NEVER had a bad one, and I've had/have a plenty, believe me!
I've a had a couple sent to me to be FET modded that had the crappy yellow batteries in them, rough sounding gears, and the finish on the wheels was rough. Left a bad impression on me, but that's not to say they're bad, even Microsizers have had a bad run or two.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"