Tomy Q-Steer on Ebay

This is for all the latest RC finds, deals and steals users find and pass along to the rest of us. Find some $5.00 bits at Toys R Us? Let everyone else know too! NO SELF SITE PROMOTION ALLOWED PLEASE!
Teppudama
bitHood

Tomy Q-Steer on Ebay

Post by Teppudama »

I found this guy/shop on Ebay and thought that it might be of interest to people on here.

http://stores.ebay.com/Mimi-Collection_ ... 7QQfrsrcZ1

I know most of you have your own sources, but this looked pretty decent since they are $10 each (not including shipping, from Hong Kong) and he has a pretty good selection.
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

aint those just digi-qs? they came out about when bits did and are tank steering and no where as easy to mod. also thats 10$ for just the car.

im sure you can have fun with them but you can probably pick up a half dozen bit clones for what it would cost you to get one going.
Teppudama
bitHood

Post by Teppudama »

Ahhh, well, good thing I posted here instead of buying one, now I know.
Thanks Hogjowlz, saved me some money!
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Those are the Tomy Q-Steers, They are Digi-Q sized, and have the IR remote, but he front wheels turn like bits, and they are not proportional like Digi-Qs. On the plus side, no tank steering, and they're a lot cheaper than Digi-Qs were.

I wouldn't mind one, but I already have too many micros.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Teppudama
bitHood

Post by Teppudama »

I won this auction and it finally arrived today; http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... &rd=1&rd=1

I must say, this is my first, true, Microsizer, and I am not impressed with its performance, but I am happy with how upgradeable they are.
I have no real plans for this yet, just wanted to have one to know what the differences are, but I do have a 3.0 motor on the way that may find its way into this one.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Microsizers don't have a lot of out of box speed, but that can easily be fixed. The best thing about a Microsizer, is they have better QC than clones.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"