I-Sobot for $179.99 Shipped (Robosapien is I-Sobot's bitch)

This is for all the latest RC finds, deals and steals users find and pass along to the rest of us. Find some $5.00 bits at Toys R Us? Let everyone else know too! NO SELF SITE PROMOTION ALLOWED PLEASE!
Namuna
bitPimp

I-Sobot for $179.99 Shipped (Robosapien is I-Sobot's bitch)

Post by Namuna »

This robot usually can't be touched for less than $250 (and that's BEFORE taxes and shipping).

Amazon is selling it for $179.99. No tax, Free Shipping.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000US3SVA

Robosapien is a damned pet rock compared to this Robot. I just ordered one myself.

Post by Namuna »

Holy Crap!...$124.99 (not including tax and shipping) from FAO Schwarz, through Amazon!
http://www.amazon.com/International-Pla ... 448&sr=8-2

I just ordered another one...Now I gotta cancel the first one.
bitGangsta'

Post by Tana »

You get this yet?

Looks like the price is settling down on the pro stuff

Robonova

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6g_Y3MKrIcg
Old and retired!
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

Ya, I've had my i-Sobot for a few days now. For the size/cost, it's a damned impressively robot!

Funny you mention the Robonova, I've had a price watch on that bugger from MONTHS now from Amazon.

Here's an interesting article pitting the 2 against each other in 'Human Emulation' trials:
http://www.robotservicesgroup.com/Emulation1.html

Man, why can't we be as cool as Japan when it comes to interest in robotics? :o

Post by sidewinder »

They do look pretty cool. How big are these? The whole house is carpeted so I'd only be able to use on on a small landing in the entryway...or maybe the garage :???:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Namuna wrote:Man, why can't we be as cool as Japan when it comes to interest in robotics? :o
Because we're not ready to start pissing and shitting ito our own mouths, but when we get more comfortable with that, then we'll be right up there with em..... :lol:
sidewinder wrote:They do look pretty cool. How big are these? The whole house is carpeted so I'd only be able to use on on a small landing in the entryway...or maybe the garage :???:

You have carpet on your tables too? I-Sobot is only 6.5' (inches) tall.

He's for table tops :-o

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

payaso wrote:Because we're not ready to start pissing and shitting ito our own mouths, but when we get more comfortable with that, then we'll be right up there with em..... :lol:
Damn, the price of being on the cutting edge huh?

...There's only 1 thing keeping the robotics hobby scene from going absolutely apeshit and that's the fact that there's still nobody that nobody can come up with a means of having a robot walk (let alone RUN) like a human.

Yeah, there's definitely some damned good attempts at it, but when someone finally nails it...THAT will be the defining moment.

I wish I could clone myself, then I could have a copy of myself to devote all my time to work on a project like that.
bitGangsta'

Post by Tana »

First time I saw 1 I wanted it. Waited for the kit only to find out it was $2500...WTF!!! :eek: Glad to see the price falling a little.

Futaba makes 1 too at about $1300.

After some research... net surfing :lol: yesterday the Hitec seems popular even has some mods out for it.
Old and retired!
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

man that thing's killer.. I'd snap it up but I got an RC event to go to on May 30th.
Tana
bitGangsta'

Post by Tana »

I'd get 1 too but just spent $3500 on a TV and am really worried about the threat of super glue in the pee hole :lol:
Old and retired!
Tana
bitGangsta'

Post by Tana »

Any video of this thing in action?? or.... totally bored with it?
Old and retired!