Damn SuperSlicks

Want to talk about micro boats or micro planes? How about trains, slot cars or submarines? Well you can do it all right here. If it's another hobby and it doesn't fit in one of our other forums, then it goes here.
Sdog
bitPimp

Post by Sdog »

Finks wrote:
hogjowlz wrote:straight up your ass.
Unless you can find somthing not gay that would involve a SS going up someones ass I am sticking w/ my "the drifting feature on the new SS is Gay" theroy. :-)
As long as he isn't goin' on about that nasty brown love shit....its all good :-)
BOURBON TIME OUT!
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

stick a tin can, up your butt....
stick a little tiny man, up your butt....
stick a crowbar, up your butt....
stick a little tiny car, up your butt....

- Edwardo Murphy
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Then there was that verse:
Stick a TV up your butt
Put a big tree up your butt
Put me up your butt
boogie in your butt
put the boogie in your butt (butt).

Always wonder why Eddie would want someone to put him in their butt. :???:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

Say, put some money in your butt
Sure feels real funny in your butt
Say, squeeze it, please it, but don't tease it
Put it in your butt

Well, let me just say
Take a hot cup of Brim
Fill it to the rim
And put it in your butt
To the beat
Two sugars, stuff so sweet

In your butt
Put the boogie in your butt
Put, put the boogie in your butt
:eek:
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

This set of quotes is from 219s thread about the "Fully Loaded" SSs from back on Sept 14th...
Finks wrote:So if I read this right, you are saying that the old Superslicks blow but the new ones rock hard?
Bird wrote:No no no, my friend... The OG Superslicks are killer... And since the new ones are now on the shelves they lowered the old ones to like $14.99 or something... I'll probably be getting a few more of those before I even think about investing in the new... The new ones are fun, but in a novelty kind of way(simulated drift), and the turbo is definately a great addition, in both the regular mode and the simulated drift mode... whereas the old ones are like a really fast giant zipzap minus any type of suspension.

Personally(as if you can't already tell), I prefer the regular, traditional setup of the original.
So, what then? Y'all just ignore my opinions and shit? lol

Put a phone, in your butt...

That's like the only line I remember from that shit it's been so long lol
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

I like my Fully Loaded Super Slick. :-)

The drift feature might be gay in theroy, but I think its sorta cool and creative. Not the best thing to come out for RC cars, but nonetheless, its new and different.

The only thing I really don't like is that there is ABSOLUTELY NO suspension.
stagg
bitGangsta'

Post by stagg »

well the new SS are tri celled and the og are dual. The reason im a little upset with ym SS is that the ZZse steering is better, in terms the SS is not perportional. Try it, the steering is on off. and the drive i also on and off. and boost.
midget_man1387
midgetPimp

Post by midget_man1387 »

sg219 wrote:The only thing I really don't like is that there is ABSOLUTELY NO suspension.

Where's Betty when ya need him. He got one of these things? He's the master of suspension mods to bits, so why don't we supply him with one of these so he can ruin it! lol

anyway I'd like to pick of these up... then again, I hae no money. That's always a problem!
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Bird wrote:This set of quotes is from 219s thread about the "Fully Loaded" SSs from back on Sept 14th...
Finks wrote:So if I read this right, you are saying that the old Superslicks blow but the new ones rock hard?
Bird wrote:No no no, my friend... The OG Superslicks are killer... And since the new ones are now on the shelves they lowered the old ones to like $14.99 or something... I'll probably be getting a few more of those before I even think about investing in the new... The new ones are fun, but in a novelty kind of way(simulated drift), and the turbo is definately a great addition, in both the regular mode and the simulated drift mode... whereas the old ones are like a really fast giant zipzap minus any type of suspension.

Personally(as if you can't already tell), I prefer the regular, traditional setup of the original.
So, what then? Y'all just ignore my opinions and shit? lol

Put a phone, in your butt...

That's like the only line I remember from that shit it's been so long lol
Yeah, I seem to remember you having the differing opinion, sorry Bird should've listened to ya. :-)

...but ya know it's hard to remember everything you guys say when you're standing in the aisle at TRU.

I think the scam I fell into was that they were charging the same price for both, and I'm like why would I want the old one when the new one has a bunch more for the same price.

So is that true, are the new ones tricell and the old ones dual cell? I can confirm the new ones being tri-cell next time I charge my car, but can someone confirm the originals being dual cell?
crazydave's Gallery
stagg
bitGangsta'

Post by stagg »

yes, and also he others used 3 aaa;s and these use 4, and i took apart the og. There dual 150's
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Well if the new ones are faster, then I think I can ignore this drift feature, and enjoy my car now, thanks. :-)

:lol:
crazydave's Gallery
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

crazydave wrote:I think I can ignore this drift feature, and enjoy my car now
That's pretty much my plan for when I end up having one lol

Hey... You said something about probably not using either of those Lancer shells... :???: Interested in possibly getting a trade going?

I know exactly what you mean about never thinking about what people have said when you're in a store... I always end up getting home, and then smacking myself in the head lol.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Well after spending the day with it, I have to say, Super Slicks rock!

It was damn fast stock, putting the purple motor and gear in it made it sluggish, and it actually seemed slower running in my little 9ft. kitchen, and it's no wonder at the 3.8:1 gear ratio. So I tried the orange gear on the purple motor, and it's just not a very ballsy motor, but it does have more top end, no good for me. I'll have to put FETs in this car to see if that makes this motor useful to me.

But that's ok, because the orange motor kicks ass, definately worth getting the "Fully Loaded" SS over the OG SS for. (I'm guessing since it's a step up motor and gear ratio).

And the Turbo button wasn't that out of the way. It would have been more comfortable if they moved it down a 1/4" and over about another 1/4", but I got used to it pretty quick, and it was useful.

I was beating the crap out of this thing, with it being so fast, and running in such a small space, so I decided to save my Mini body, and I'm beating on the white EVO.

I like it, it's long and lean, almost looks too long and lean, but I think I'm just used to bits now. :lol:

I tried the drift thing for about a minute, almost did look like it was drifting, and made really wide turns so I ran into everything. *yawn*

So yeah, Super Slicks are really fun to drive, and that's all that matters.
crazydave's Gallery
midget_man1387
midgetPimp

Post by midget_man1387 »

Geez, Dave! Make up your mind!! 8-) :-) :D
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

midget_man1387 wrote:Geez, Dave! Make up your mind!! 8-) :-) :D
From the first post in this thread:
crazydave wrote:I haven't actually played with it yet, so I'll reserve judgement, but right now I'm thinking I don't care for the new "Fully Loaded" Super Slicks.
I think first impressions are important, so I was just expressing what I initially thought. I still think the drift feature is gay, and I'm not using the jacked up Merc' w/ the lights, so really all I changed my mind about is the position of the turbo button. Since the car is fun, I can ignore that other stuff. :razz:
crazydave's Gallery