micro rc robot,,, pretty funny stuff

Want to talk about micro boats or micro planes? How about trains, slot cars or submarines? Well you can do it all right here. If it's another hobby and it doesn't fit in one of our other forums, then it goes here.
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

micro rc robot,,, pretty funny stuff

Post by Sporttracguy »

Once in a while ill hit up toyeast and check out the wacky obscure stuff they have in hopes of finding something I can use for something else and came upon these tiny little robots http://www.toyeast.com/v3/pdtdetail.asp?pdt_id=A000503
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLf83RYQ ... r_embedded[/youtube]

Not sure if its worth the price+ shipping but i think if i end up making a larger order I may have to tack one of these on there. Good for a laugh anyway.

STG
sidewinder
bitProphet

Re: micro rc robot,,, pretty funny stuff

Post by sidewinder »

I saw the video for these a while back but I didn't know they were available yet. I may have to get one, they do look cool in a micro geek kind of way. :smile:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

Eh, wait for Silverlit to buy get the rights to manufacture here in the States (like they did with the Hover-Q and Q-Steer Buggies).

I paid silly money for the Q-Steer buggies, now you can get them at clearance prices ($10) from Toys-R-Us.
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

Hmm....... I can picture it now - a micro crawler that you can set to auto pilot, so you can crack open a beer. :-o
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

I really want to cut as much of the body off as I can and make a tiny Lost in Space robot. I probably couldn't get it to wave it's arms and yell "danger, danger Will Robinson'" but it would still be fun.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
Smoke&Mirrors
bitGangsta'

Post by Smoke&Mirrors »

Since I've been enjoying my Q-Steer and Q-Steer buggies (Micro Terrain Titans) so much recently I decided it might be worth it to get one of these little AI guys to putt around the table with. I'll be sure to write about it when it comes in. Right now my biggest concern is the supposed 30 minute charge time to 5 minutes of play. We will see. :razz:

Oh yeah, left out the best part. I got it on ebay for $27 shipped. Brand new! And I got the exact one I wanted (which we all know makes it easier to love them). Cool deal.

If anyone else in insterested:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %26otn%3D1

The user has all 4 versions. Also, there is an optimus prime and bumble bee robo-q, but they start at $50! Dang it.
Project Willy
ZZMT
-Articulation Mod
-288:1 Gear Ratio
-BB Steering Servo
-Extended Wheelbase
-Widened Axles
-Polaris ATV Tires
-Dean Plugs
-1:35 Scale Willy's Flatfender body
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

those things are too cute!! and there's nothing that makes them more exciting than an overly enthusiastic japanese commercial!

high speedu!!!!1! :eek:
i used to be cool
The Cow

Post by The Cow »

Funny but I will admit it could entertain me for a few lonely nights :???: well after a few adult beverages of course :razz: Wonder what they cost in the states... if they are here

Heath
Smoke&Mirrors
bitGangsta'

Post by Smoke&Mirrors »

They haven't quite made it to the states yet. Not commercially anyway. I'm sure they will before long if Tomy keeps doing as well as they are. They were going for about $40 (plus whatever shipping was) when they came out, so when I found one on eBay for $23 bucks and $4 shipping it was hard to resist.
Project Willy
ZZMT
-Articulation Mod
-288:1 Gear Ratio
-BB Steering Servo
-Extended Wheelbase
-Widened Axles
-Polaris ATV Tires
-Dean Plugs
-1:35 Scale Willy's Flatfender body
z-beam
bitGangsta'

Post by z-beam »

i picked one up on my last trip to singapore. it sucks balls. cant reverse, the self navigation has some pretty particular parameters,it cant move faster than the ball is comes with (it can follow it) making 2 player soccer impossible.

had the self nav system been installed in a micro car id be impressed. tomy did make a larger set up that uses it so it is possible. traffic on a track anyone?

its method of creating movement is 2 e-m coils that pulse and each leg is free moving with a magnet. the feet have a little rubber stopper to creat friction. so it shuffles, doesnt really walk at all.

the speed slider is nice, but once again id prefer it in a car.