so whadda ya know about nerf guns?

Want to talk about micro boats or micro planes? How about trains, slot cars or submarines? Well you can do it all right here. If it's another hobby and it doesn't fit in one of our other forums, then it goes here.
betty.k
bitPimp

so whadda ya know about nerf guns?

Post by betty.k »

we had a public holiday recently and the day after i'm talking with a customer who's in props and a customising kinda guy.

i say "what did you get up to yesterday?" and he says "customised a nerf gun" :eek:

he did the full performance/cosmetic mod on a maverick, damn good job too!

that got me spending, my stepson has a couple and i was impressed with the stock performance but i want more!
i bought a "recon" and wanna make it semi-lethal!

i discovered http://nerfhaven.com/forums/ and was curious if any of you bastards had anything further to add.

that is all.
i used to be cool
sidewinder
bitProphet

Re: so whadda ya know about nerf guns?

Post by sidewinder »

I never heard of anyone modding a nerf gun...airsoft sure, but not nerf. Sounds like it could be fun though. :???:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
Sqwalerrr
bitPlaya'

Post by Sqwalerrr »

if ya wanna make it semi-leathel, just take off the rubber bit on the end, put some clay in it, the sick an x-acto knife blade in there!
hello world! Prepare for the gayness

Post by frizzen »

I'd heard about modding Nerf guns a couple years ago, thought it sounded cool but didn't get into it.

I know that you can get 60' - 100' range out of some nerf with work.
The mods they do can go from "pretty simple" to "very little of the original gun remains".
I know there are 3 kinds of nerf and they all mod differently: pneumatic, spring, electric.
Apparently there are some people who do Nerf Wars, and they each have different rules about what is allowed in their war.
And that having 1 modded nerf gun is pointless, you need atleast 2, otherwise nobody could play with you.

I also know that in America, Paintball and Airsoft are WAY more popular. Though I find arms to be more fun when they use fire and lead at high velocity, despite the need to go to a range to use them.

I guess it'd be pretty good practice for tactics and stuff, as long as it's not windy. Maybe like doing House Clearing drills in the winter wearing fuzzy sweaters and using velcro darts?
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Go to a range? :? In Indiana? Dude, you have fields, woods, and McDonald's, there are all sorts of places to shoot around you. :mrgreen:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

well i did some mods, it reminded me of the old days of bitmodding!

just like bits had the cripple cap, single cell and stock motor nerf guns have air restrictors, weak springs and safety features.

suffice it to say i've increased range by at least 50% with some simple mods. and i gutted the pissy "red dot" sight and threw the internals of a red laser pointer in there.

next step is to find a more realistic stock then give it a camo paintjob.

unfortunately down here we have hardcore gun laws, funny thing is a paintball gun would be better than an airsoft as it looks more like a toy. basically our laws state that if the victim thinks it's a real gun then you get arrested like it's a real gun.

i'm speaking from experience here......
i used to be cool
z-beam
bitGangsta'

Post by z-beam »

better keep it looking like a toy them betty...

been seeing the maverick pistol one a bit lately in shops, looks like fun.
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

lotta mods available for the maverick, i say go for it! :smile:

i think they're down to $15 now, you can't lose!
i used to be cool
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

betty.k wrote:.... laws state that if the victim thinks it's a real gun then you get arrested like it's a real gun.
i'm speaking from experience here......
Story time!
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

yeah, i made a couple modifications to my mav. just the standard ones but nothing fancy.