Customizing runs deep.... Nintendo Wiimote holders?

Want to talk about micro boats or micro planes? How about trains, slot cars or submarines? Well you can do it all right here. If it's another hobby and it doesn't fit in one of our other forums, then it goes here.
frizzen
bitDisciple

Customizing runs deep.... Nintendo Wiimote holders?

Post by frizzen »

Sometimes I think I take toys too seriously.
Around christmas I picked up Wii Goldeneye 007, Wii Reload, and a Zapper with the crossbow game.

the Zapper is the most fucked up unergonomic thing I've ever seen for a gaming system! I really dislike it and feel it's just a lost cause. Fuck you Nintendo, my 8-Bit had a better Zapper! Atleast the crossbow game is ok.

The good news is that Goldeneye and most other shooting games I've played work really well with a Nyko PerfectShot. It's styled after a Colt 1911, by someone who's never been within 100 yards of one. it's got all the curves as a brick.
...I bought a second one so I could mod. Using a knife and files I reshaped the gripframe, beavertail, and area around the triggerguard. I also opened it up (2 screws hidden under right grip) and gave it a trigger-job using a file on the guides and teflon tape on the trigger linkage. Flattened down the fake screws on the grips. Then since "I'd already started modding", I took a halfround file to the slide serrations and brought them up to full height for purely cosmetic reasons.

It's now really comfortable! No more weird pressure points, natural point of aim straightened out. still a bit wide for even a 1911 double-stack, but short of a chop and channel job using lots of heat and epoxy....Can't complain about it for the price and a little time invested.

Pics if there's interest, but it's hard to photograph white plastic.
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
sidewinder
bitProphet

Re: Customizing runs deep.... Nintendo Wiimote holders?

Post by sidewinder »

Sounds cool...but you do realize that you have way too much time on your hands right?
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand