Micro Sea Explorer

Want to talk about micro boats or micro planes? How about trains, slot cars or submarines? Well you can do it all right here. If it's another hobby and it doesn't fit in one of our other forums, then it goes here.
Namuna
bitPimp

Micro Sea Explorer

Post by Namuna »

Anybody got one of these? Hog, I think I read you do. What do you think of it?

I really have no good reason to get one (don't have a pool, nor live by a pond) but GODDAMIT these things look so COOL!

I didn't get clear details as to how it steers, no rudders. But I believe it's similar to how Digi-Qs steer, so one propeller spins faster than the other to turn?

And what kind of motors are in these things? This is probably a tough question because no one would want to rip it apart and mess the seal up.

Lovely.
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

yes i have one. and yes it is pretty darn cool. all ive been able to do so far is run it in the bathtub but its pretty fun.

steering: yes no rudder. two props. sits flat in the water and handles a lot better than i figured.

range: 9v in transmitter so is insane.

speed: pretty quick. i imagine its two motors and two cells but like you said i dont wana fudge the seal if i dont gota.

i got it for xmas but id buy one if i didnt have one.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

they flip easy?
I got pool - I'll ram that thing in to un-suspecting swimmers heads! lol
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

I think I'm gonna buy one from this guy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 3125919004

They look sweet, and I have a big pool within 20 feet.

silla
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
noxorc
bitPimp

Post by noxorc »

pool...pool...pool... wish I had a pool..
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

Payaso...HOLD OFF on buying it!

I've found a few websites that are selling it for ~$15 (New).

I'm at home, so I don't have the links now...But when I get to work I'll post up...And, you can even buy the 2xBoats (White and Red, 27MHz and 49MHz) for $30!

Now I REALLY want one (or BOTH!).
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Namuna wrote:Payaso...HOLD OFF on buying it!

I've found a few websites that are selling it for ~$15 (New).

I'm at home, so I don't have the links now...But when I get to work I'll post up...And, you can even buy the 2xBoats (White and Red, 27MHz and 49MHz) for $30!

Now I REALLY want one (or BOTH!).
Good deal bro. I was just gonna send him the loot in paypal. I'd much rather have the set of two. That way I can beat my wifes ass in the pool. Thanks

silla

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

ive never flipped mine. ive only ran it in the tub maybe a dozen times tho. i think if it did flip it would selfcorrect.

also i failed to mention the most useful part yet. the charger. the polarity is reversed from a bit charger but you are all smart and i suggest putting a charging pad from a bit or clone controller and hotgluing it on there.you could jbweld it on there if you really feel like it. kensshoponline also sells them. i know a guy who got one from them and he was happy with the transaction.
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

2 boat set from:

- Kens Shop
- RaidenTech

I'll probably be getting it from RaidenTech m'self...After the shipping their price is a little cheaper.
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

cool. one to mod one to run :)

id rather have you crack one open so i dont get the itch
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Namuna wrote:2 boat set from:

- Kens Shop
- RaidenTech

I'll probably be getting it from RaidenTech m'self...After the shipping their price is a little cheaper.

Sweet... I'll let ya'll know.

silla