Micro RC Tanks

Want to talk about micro boats or micro planes? How about trains, slot cars or submarines? Well you can do it all right here. If it's another hobby and it doesn't fit in one of our other forums, then it goes here.
mekinhux
bitPlaya'

Micro RC Tanks

Post by mekinhux »

I've runned a search but was unable to find info about micro rc tanks. All I've found was a thread about Crazy Tank. I'm interested in a micro tank, but not sure which one to buy. I've checked at TE and they run a decent number of tanks. They seem nice, especally VS Tank and Digi Q. But I know nothing about them. Anyone is able to help? I would appreciate all the info I can get. Thanks and sorry for the long blah blah blah :-)
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/product_i ... ts_id=5537

these are heaps of fun. no battle games, just a straight up track driven vehicle.
i used to be cool
mekinhux
bitPlaya'

Post by mekinhux »

By "no battle games" you mean they can't be played alone? I need two or more to play???
synj
bitGangsta'

Post by synj »

no, he means that there is not a laser that the tank shoots out at another tank... it is just a tank... kinda hard to explain, but the tank does not shoot a laser to hit another tank...
geez sorry if you dont get that
mekinhux
bitPlaya'

Post by mekinhux »

I think I know what you mean. They make sounds and some effects when the other tank shoots them with that laser. Is this it? I'm thinking of getting one of those VS Tanks, they look nice and are cheaper than Digi Q. About the one mentioned by betty, the main problem is the s&h costs from rcmart, but I might get it. Anyway thanks for all the help :-)
synj
bitGangsta'

Post by synj »

how much is shipping? :???:
mekinhux
bitPlaya'

Post by mekinhux »

The total is $12.82. The shipping is $9.82 from HK to Portugal. Should be the same or even less to US.
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

sorry to confuse, i meant that that perticular tank just drives around. some of them have infra red "cannons" in them enabling 2 or more to have a shoot em up contest, like the digi q. they will fire by flashing an ir led and an ir sensor on top registers a "hit" by stopping for 10 seconds or spinning around. the digi q's will even recoil when the cannon is fired and simulate damage. some are completely ir controlled, some are radio controlled with ir cannons, and some are just rc tanks with no battle game capability.

so if you just want a little tank to drive around then the one i posted above is for you. but if you want ir battle games with 2 or more people you'll have to buy a digi q (expensive) or another sort (cheaper).
i used to be cool
mekinhux
bitPlaya'

Post by mekinhux »

Thanks betty. In this case I think I'll stick by the "no battle games" version. It's cheaper, fun and it's just to cruise around my garden (if possible!!!) since I have no one to play with. Is it possible?
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

you should be fine. the size limits the terain you can cover but they're lotsa fun anyway. if you wanna do some real garden crawling, build yerself one o' these sweet mamas!

i used to be cool
synj
bitGangsta'

Post by synj »

how in the hell....
mekinhux
bitPlaya'

Post by mekinhux »

Yeah. Already checked that monster at another thread. You shouldn't have any problems crawling all sort of obstacules. Just be careful not to crawl ladies feet while having some under skirts action :grin:
synj
bitGangsta'

Post by synj »

wtf wtf wtf
tell me the link!
mekinhux
bitPlaya'

Post by mekinhux »

synj wrote:how much is shipping? :???:
I've double checked it and it seems like it's a bit more. You have to pay an extra $2.50 for register mail and an extra non-refundable bank charge, if you pay by credit card. I think paypal payment is free of this charge. I remember I had a lot of problems the first and last time I bought an LXX bit from them. I paid more for shipping and stuff than for the real thing. Don't know if it's worth it :-(
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

i used to be cool