Fully Loaded Super Slick w/Video

Want to talk about micro boats or micro planes? How about trains, slot cars or submarines? Well you can do it all right here. If it's another hobby and it doesn't fit in one of our other forums, then it goes here.
sg219
bitPimp

Fully Loaded Super Slick w/Video

Post by sg219 »

I bought one a few days ago. Its pretty fun!! :-D I don't really think this car needs a whole lenghty reveiw, but I'll give the basics.

I bought the Red Mazda RX-8

-Fully Loaded Super Slick
-6 different freqs. 3@27mhz and 3@49mhz
-Lights, front and back. They do not shine thru the body that I have.
-Simulated Drift function. Turn the body around, flip the swith on the controller and it steers from the rear and is front wheel drive. Lights still work properly.
-Conveinent Turbo button.
-Supposed to be Quad cell. Not sure, I haven't opened it up yet. I think it is because they upgraded the charger to 4 AAA's from 3 AAA's.

New, left --- Old, right

Notice the different placing of the motor and front steering box. Both have moved to the extremes.

Different contact patterns on board covers. Allows the body to be turned around and the lights to continue to work.

Bodies are interchangable between old and new.

Now for the little vid. Not the best, but nonetheless a vid.

http://www.sg219.com/downloads/FullyLoa ... rSlick.wmv

I say go get one of these puppies!! These things FLY!!! STOCK!!

Price---- $19.99 US

Maybe this did turn into a reveiw. Kinda. :-)

:cool:
Last edited by sg219 on Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
VooDooMafia
bitPimp

Post by VooDooMafia »

Price.... you forgot the price in your review
I Don't care what you say PIMPIN aint easy, you Broke A$$ Mother F*&Ker
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

VooDooMafia wrote:Price.... you forgot the price in your review
It's there now. :-) Thanks for noticing. :cool:
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

Wow, that thing hauls ass... nice little Space Ghost scat there, too. For $20, that car looks like a helluva lotta fun.
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

hue35 wrote:Wow, that thing hauls ass... nice little Space Ghost scat there, too. For $20, that car looks like a helluva lotta fun.

The car moves! I was suprised when I dropped it on the floor the first time and it launched!!

It's definitely worth the $20 bills.

:cool:
Sdog
bitPimp

Post by Sdog »

Bastards....bastards I tell you....both you an Bird! I've been trying to avoid getting in to another scale. First you got me going with the Xmods....now 1/43 scale....Gack! Trying to resist the temptation!

Nice little review though....Red RX8 huh? :???:
BOURBON TIME OUT!
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

So if I read this right, you are saying that the old Superslicks blow but the new ones rock hard? Arity then. Hey SG how are they on batts and run time?
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Finks wrote:So if I read this right, you are saying that the old Superslicks blow but the new ones rock hard? Arity then. Hey SG how are they on batts and run time?

I usually 2x charge mine and get about 10 minutes of run time. (+ or - 3 min)

Depending on amount of steering, turbo, and tire spin. I never really payed attention fully to the time. It goes pretty good for awhile. Next time I run it I'll pay a little more attention.

I can only run it over Bird's unless I kill the cats and clean the whole floor where I am. It's just not worth it for me to have to clean out balls and balls of cat hair from the wheels for a little bit of playtime. I hate these fuckin' cats!!! :blazin: :ak: I wish we had a fire smiley!!
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

Finks wrote:So if I read this right, you are saying that the old Superslicks blow but the new ones rock hard?
No no no, my friend... The OG Superslicks are killer... And since the new ones are now on the shelves they lowered the old ones to like $14.99 or something... I'll probably be getting a few more of those before I even think about investing in the new... The new ones are fun, but in a novelty kind of way(simulated drift), and the turbo is definately a great addition, in both the regular mode and the simulated drift mode... whereas the old ones are like a really fast giant zipzap minus any type of suspension.

Personally(as if you can't already tell), I prefer the regular, traditional setup of the original.
Sdog
bitPimp

Post by Sdog »

I was way curious about these after SG's nice little review. So after work I stop by ToysRus to check out the new SS's without any intention of buying. First impression....cool packaging, some of the shells are pretty nice including the RX8 that SG picked up. I'm thinking meh, I can pass for now and wait to see what comes out in the near future.

Then...as I'm turning...out of the corner of my eye, I catch a flash of blue and gold from way back on the SS shelves...I hesitate and think Ralley WRX? Nah, haven't seen any mention of them for the SS. Sure they had the WRX for the orginal version, but not the ralley car. So I reach way back and sure enough I pull out a Fully Loaded WRX Ralley Car. How the hell could not buy that...staring back at me all shiney and purty like.

Interestingly enough. They actually have two versions of the WRX Ralley Car....one for each frequency. The differences are minor, but one is number 8 (27 MHz) and the other number 7 (49MHz), as well as a few minor differences in sponsor decals. These appear to be nice replicas of WRX's that ran races in two different parts of Europe. Very cool....and I was wishing they sold a body kit for the other shell I didn't get with my starter kit.

Anyway, SG and Bird were right on....these things are real fast right out of the box and really fun too. I like the controller/charger setup. The chasis seems to have lots of extra contact points other than those used for the lights...suggesting other features to be added in the future? Maybe, but I'm guessing its to make sure other future shells don't have problems with the position of the headlight and tail light contacts.

Some photos:

A closeup of some of the detail:

I picked up the number 8 car to match up with my 1:64 scale WRX:

Oh....and thanks again to SG for piquing my interest in these.....shithead :-)
BOURBON TIME OUT!
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Your welcome!! :-)

When I went to TRS, all they had was a red and a blue RX-8 and a black and a yellow Skyline. I had to go with the RX-8.
Sdog
bitPimp

Post by Sdog »

sg219 wrote:Your welcome!! :-)

When I went to TRS, all they had was a red and a blue RX-8 and a black and a yellow Skyline. I had to go with the RX-8.
I actually like their version RX8. It looked good, but I couldn't pass up the WRX ralley car. I also saw a new Yellow Viper kit at the TRS I hit.
BOURBON TIME OUT!
kvik369
bitPlaya'

Post by kvik369 »

I have the Mercedes SLK 55 - not bad - and they're also have a new motor out (blue-30,000)
http://kvik369.tripod.com/ss.html
K.I.S.S.
lovedoctor
bitPlaya'

Post by lovedoctor »

Man, these cars are cool, original or "fully loaded." :eek:

Besides, the scale matches up better with the homies than the bits or the ZZs (forgive me, pimps, for that last sentence).

I tried the original Supe slicks a while ago, but noticed that because they're so damn fast, ya kinda need more running space than the ZZs/Bits use. I like the 1/64s because you can make a pretty interesting track on an area as small as a picnic table. Too bad, too, because the Supe slicks bodies fit WAY better on their chassis than the ZZs.

BTW, has anyone seen the new Supe Slicks Fully loaded "Incredibles" movie cars on the shelves? They're pretty cool. The Incredimobile has a light on the hood that lights up in turbo mode. :lol:

Props to the bigguns, :cool:

Love Doc :D

p.s. My TRU has the WRX, too--really tempting, mang.
He who will not reason is a biggot,
He who cannot is a fool,
He who dares not is a slave.
--Sir William Drummond
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

I saw those, they're pretty cool lookin' cars. Maybe next payday.

I ended up at the craft store clearence sale instead. Pickin' up some paint brushes, exacto blades and other odds and ends. They were almost wiped out when I got there.