Damn SuperSlicks

Want to talk about micro boats or micro planes? How about trains, slot cars or submarines? Well you can do it all right here. If it's another hobby and it doesn't fit in one of our other forums, then it goes here.
crazydave
bitPimp

Damn SuperSlicks

Post by crazydave »

Ok so I finally broke down and decided to get a SuperSlick. I had avoided them because they are bigger than bit, and I'm happy with my bits.

It should have been an easy decision, but I wanted the Blue Mini, and it was only in the first generation. So I had to decide beteween the Subaru rally car, or the gold Mercedes. I got the Mercedes, but considering it sits on the chassis like an off road car, I wish I got the Subaru. Then I had to get the body set with the Mini body, luckily that body sits much better. They must have had to raise the new ones up for the lights. Then I had to get the 1/4 mile race kit for the fastest motor and gears. So now I got 2 EVO bodies I won't use.

Here's the pile of crap I ended up with just to get one car, and be satisfied.

So I get it home, and I'm checking out what the "Fully Loaded" Super Slicks have to offer. Well let's see, we got the lights, that make the body sit high on the chassis, so that's not cool, we got the turbo, that has the turbo button in an awkard stretch for my thumb, so that's not cool. We got the drift feature, which means we can drive with our body on backwards, now that's just funny, I'll write that off as a joke. Then there's the selectable frequencies, which is cool if you have more than one car, but i don't think I'll be buying another of these, so will someone help me out here, why did I want the Fully Loaded Super Slick? There must be something I missed, because I'm wishing I just settled for that first generation Blue Mini at this point. :lol:

I haven't actually played with it yet, so I'll reserve judgement, but right now I'm thinking I don't care for the new "Fully Loaded" Super Slicks.

Well I'm off to go play now. :-D
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

Is that how the drift ability works???..... Oh wow, that sounds gay. Well I know I will be getting one of these some time soon, but that is a bit discouraging.
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc
payaso
bitPimp

Re: Damn SuperSlicks

Post by payaso »

crazydave wrote:why did I want the Fully Loaded Super Slick?

Because you're like me about shit like that. While reviews are great, you want to experience it first hand to see for yourself...

Sometimes you get burned, and sometimes not...

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

the "simultated drifting" bullcrap means you drive the car backwards with the body backwords. ie... fwd with steering from the rear.

im really starting to believe that superslicks really does follow mrcc's wants and wishes lol.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

You're right payaso, I'm a sucker like that. :lol:

Really I don't want to be misunderstood on this. The Super Slick in a well put together car. That feels like a solid, quality piece of work. My bitch is the new Fully Loaded ones VS the first generation ones, and why I thought I needed the extra features. I'm thinking the added features actually detract from the car. I think I might even go back eventually and get that first generation Blue Mini, just to see if I missed out on anything, 'cause I really am a sucker like that. :lol:

I guess these newer ones come with a faster motor and gear than the first ones, so that's a bonus, I suppose.
crazydave's Gallery
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

hogjowlz wrote:the "simultated drifting" bullcrap means you drive the car backwards with the body backwords. ie... fwd with steering from the rear.
Okay, that's like Richard Simmons level gay. I mean even gay people would say that's gay. Sad, really really sad.
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Namuna wrote:
hogjowlz wrote:the "simultated drifting" bullcrap means you drive the car backwards with the body backwords. ie... fwd with steering from the rear.
Okay, that's like Richard Simmons level gay. I mean even gay people would say that's gay. Sad, really really sad.
:lol:

Yup, I'll agree wit dat.
crazydave's Gallery
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

ya the og superslick i bought like in january kicked ass. i had no real good reason to cut it in half other than to cut it in half.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

hogjowlz wrote:ya the og superslick i bought like in january kicked ass. i had no real good reason to cut it in half other than to cut it in half.
Haha, that's funny, because you notice haven't seen anyone else do it? Cause none of us gonna cut a perfectly good car in half for no good reason, but you did, and I bet that car F'in kicks ass too. :lol:

I'm already making plans to modify a bit rear end to accept the extra motor I got now. I'm thinking with dual cells and FETs these motors should have more than enough power to go direct drive in a bit. Eliminating that idler gear should clear me enough room that way, but if I hardwire the motor and have it sticking out the side of the chassis, is it gonna clear the tire? I'll have to test.
crazydave's Gallery
Sdog
bitPimp

Post by Sdog »

Awwwww....I like my superslick. I've been bashing it all over the place having a good 'ol time. It could use some suspension though....its hard keeping it in a straight line because of the little grooves in my hardwood floor. My ZZ' s hold a straighter line that my SS. The SS actually holds a straighter line when I flip the body around and run it in "drift" mode. Its quick, tourqey, and the WRX body is nice.....mini-cooper body may be next if I decide to spend more cash.
BOURBON TIME OUT!
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

ok 3 posts have been put up without the "drifting" ability being made fun of. So again, That it New VW beatle covered in rainbow stickers gay, just like Hogs ride.
Suck My Bits
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

dude ill drive it off a ramp straight up your ass. it would do that to. its that fuckin fast.
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

See, your just proving how gay it is.
Suck My Bits
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

no you are urking me on to do this.
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

hogjowlz wrote:straight up your ass.
Unless you can find somthing not gay that would involve a SS going up someones ass I am sticking w/ my "the drifting feature on the new SS is Gay" theroy. :-)
Suck My Bits