tyco canned heat

Want to talk about micro boats or micro planes? How about trains, slot cars or submarines? Well you can do it all right here. If it's another hobby and it doesn't fit in one of our other forums, then it goes here.
honda_s2000
bitNinja

tyco canned heat

Post by honda_s2000 »

:???:
Hey all,
Are the tyco rc "canned heat" Cars any good ?
Just ordered one of Ebay last night for a shelf queen type of thing.But was wondering if you could get any faster motor's or gear's for them.I am 99% sure tyco do no parts for them but i heard that a mabushi 180 ( sorry about spelling :) ) not 100% on that though.
i am going to fit lights, And just lower the shell by filing down the post's,maybe get some decals or a new paint job. so anyone got any comments ( nice one's preferably :-D )

cheers,
Joe Fullager :cool:
We don't need no god damn roads!
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

i know bird has a few of those. i wouldnt get your hopes up for doing tons to it but they were kinda fun to drive around his kitchen.
Bit boy
bitGangsta'

Post by Bit boy »

i understand their pretty fun with a 9volt in them
I'm samrt
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

I had one, they're ok, for a non-propo car I guess.

I always wished it was faster, I was gonna put a slot car motor in it but never got around to it. The motors are the same dimensions as a xmod motors.

It's dead now. Don't know why I took it apart, but I got bored one day and killed it.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

As my distinguished colleague, Mr. Jowlz, has said, I do posess a couple of these... in stock form, they are like big-ass bits... no suspension, magnetic steering, and a 130 can motor powered by 2 AAs, controlled by a simple, dome clone-ish controller... I'm pretty sure that they are about the same as race tins, and as far as I know, Kitsune on Ausmicro is the guy to see for info about modding them...

Me and 219 were bored one night a few months back, and shot some vid of our Tycos... the blue SSR is a newer take on the same chassis, and the red S2K is my OG unmodded canned heat... Follow the link in this link, and on 219s DL page is a vid called "big-ass bits"... that's the one lol... Yup... shreddin' up my kitchen with some stock Tycos lol... good thing we were buzzed...

http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpFo ... php?t=3815

Oh, yeah... My 2 year old has been using that red S2K to hone her bit driving skills... she's well on her way to being a bit racing prodigy lol...
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

Cheers guys for the info,
The bloke has only just sent an invoice but i baught it on friday,
HMMM i wish i had have baught it from a toy store lol :???:
ALOT QUICKER.

just about to watch the vid <
cya :cool:
We don't need no god damn roads!