Judge needed for danish 1:10 contest!

Want to talk about micro boats or micro planes? How about trains, slot cars or submarines? Well you can do it all right here. If it's another hobby and it doesn't fit in one of our other forums, then it goes here.
TheEvo
bitGangsta'

Judge needed for danish 1:10 contest!

Post by TheEvo »

Hey Pimps.

Over here we got a contest going on - to make the most cool ride!

Its basically a contest like any other except that is has to be a QD(Quick-drive car), they are very cheap, but also with a lot of parts available, so you can make any car your own.

You can see the cars here:
http://www.rcinfo.dk/forum/index.php?ac ... =sc&cat=12 <---I know you guys dont like links, but there is 38 cars so far ...

I would prefer if it was one of the "skilled" guys at this forum ex. one of the mods or Cabo ...

Interested?

Cheers,
Evo[/url]
Do i need a better signature?
TheEvo
bitGangsta'

Re: Judge needed for danish 1:10 contest!

Post by TheEvo »

The thing with this contest is that it wasnt my idea that one of you guys should be judges - it was my "boss'" idea. He wanted one of you guys to be a judge, because he thinks the pimps can do something with R/C-cars. :cool:
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

my vote can be bought if the price is right. :razz:
j/k

umm... I'm not sure how good of a judge I'd personally be for that contest. I'd pretty much be casting my vote on aesthetics only.
If that's fine, then cool, I'll cast my votes.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
TheEvo
bitGangsta'

Post by TheEvo »

Aesthetics?
Help me out ...

Thats cool - each to his own.

I reckon it would be nice with a judge that votes different.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

Aesthetics
Of or concerning the appreciation of beauty or good taste.
Characterized by a heightened sensitivity to beauty.

basically, I'd just be voting on "looks" not "performance".
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
hogjowlz
bitPimp

Post by hogjowlz »

hell if cabo dont wana do it im in. i cant speak danish tho. but i can eat them!!!
TheEvo
bitGangsta'

Post by TheEvo »

Well, this is a 100% "visual" contest, so the aesthetic thing is more than appreciated!

You're welcome to slam yo heads together and come with some votes!
TheEvo
bitGangsta'

Post by TheEvo »

Ok, i talked to the boss, and heres the deal:

-DFQD (overall nicest car).
-Best detail.
-Best idea.
-The craziest car.

Then you're gonna slap together some words on why you chose 1st, 2nd and 3rd place?

Aight?

Further questions--->Kim@morfars.dk (he is THE boss)

Hog--->You're welcome to cast your votes as well!

Are you guys up for it or what?
TheEvo
bitGangsta'

Post by TheEvo »

Okay, i need an answer ...

Votes should be ready for tomorrow.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

holy time crunch.
ok, I'll post my top 4 and reasons here and you can direct your homey here or pass along my votes to him.

back in a bit with the results.
Last edited by CaboWabo on Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheEvo
bitGangsta'

Post by TheEvo »

No time crunch ...

Well, i dont know what time it is there, but you still got at least 15 hours.
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

aight, here's my picks....

1st Place: (overall nicest car)
http://www.rcinfo.dk/forum/index.php?ac ... si&img=510
This entry just screams Fast n Furious. Not that FnF is the look people should be going for, but we all know how popular that look is, and this entry pulls it off with class - it's not over the top, too gaudy or flashy - it's just right.
The colors work brilliantly with each other. The blue-ish headlights, amber blinkers, chrome, green, and black - just beautiful.
This reminds me of something we'd see here at bitPimps, just in a larger scale. Though the tribal work maybe decals, it still looks fantastic.
And who doesn't love that color of green? lol

2nd Place: (best detail)
http://www.rcinfo.dk/forum/index.php?ac ... si&img=617
I chose this purely because of the painted graphic on the side of the door - very cool. Looks like it might have been a stencil, not sure - but doesn't look like a decal just slapped on.
The base color had to of been hard to work with to find a complimentary color.
The CF hood looks like one of the better jobs out of the entries as well.
I also like how the tail lights faintly shine through.
Looks like lots of attention was paid when making this one.

3rd Place: (best idea)
http://www.rcinfo.dk/forum/index.php?ac ... si&img=610
I don't know if all hoods on these things open up or not, and typically I could care less if they do - however I do like this one. There's actually "stuff" under the hood so that makes it more practical to have an opening hood. But that's not what did it for this entry. It's the name "Pauly" on the rear that matches the gold flames with no lights, and shines gold/amber with lights. Brilliant idea. The body some what desires more color, but hey - somebodies gotta own a black/silver/gold one.
The disc brakes behind the rims are a very cool touch.

4th Place: (craziest car)
http://www.rcinfo.dk/forum/index.php?ac ... si&img=609
Talk about originality. There's not a single other entry there that went this far creatively and still looks good. Probably not very practical, but hey who cares - it looks great. The chop job and addition of a trailer are just two of the things that set this one apart from the other entries. A little too much going on with the body, but again - the wooden trimmings make up for that. I'm impressed with the originality and how well it was pulled off.

That was tougher than I thought, you'd think I'd know by now.
Pass along a word of congratulations for me to all those who entered. There were some really slick rides in there and I enjoyed looking at them. They did a great job.
TheEvo
bitGangsta'

Post by TheEvo »

Wow, thanks cabo. :grin:

Great job ...

Argh, i think this sound kinda dumb, but i just heard that we need a 2nd and 3rd place (Overall nicest car).

Can you handle that?

btw .. The Tribal work on the Green Evo is PAINTED on - no vinyl there! 8-)
TheEvo
bitGangsta'

Post by TheEvo »

Contest is over - Cabo you da man !

Actually your votes got "vital" (ehh?) ... Well, they made the difference, because as you said all the cars were nice, each and everyone in this contest could've won.