FUCK TOWER HOBBIES!

Want to talk about micro boats or micro planes? How about trains, slot cars or submarines? Well you can do it all right here. If it's another hobby and it doesn't fit in one of our other forums, then it goes here.
viperdout
bitGangsta'

FUCK TOWER HOBBIES!

Post by viperdout »

[rant]

Just bear with me for a sec while I rant. I order my RC18T JANUARY 23RD from Tower with a 25 dollar off coupon, and proceeded to order a peak charger, motor mount and Topcad CVDs for it (charger from tower, everything else was from RC Mart). IT HAS BEEN A ONE AND A HALF MONTHS WITH NO TRUCK WHEN IT WAS DUE IN EARLY FEBRUARY. I went on the site today, AND IT IS NOW DUE IN APRIL. I've decided it's worth a 45 minute drive to my dad's house to get the damn from an awesome LHS, and tower can take my backorder along with the coupon and SHOVE IT.

[/rant]

I feel better now. Anyone else have similar experiences?
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

That was your 219th post viperdonut. :-)

I've never had a problem with Tower.
kvik369
bitPlaya'

Post by kvik369 »

Tower has been one of my positives. I got an Overland BMW when they had them cheap with a coupon. When I got it, the body clips were off. So they sent me a autoscale.
K.I.S.S.
viperdout
bitGangsta'

Post by viperdout »

I'm just pissed about Tower screwing off with the due date. I guess the only positive about this is I'll be supporting my local LHS...
stampede_dude
bitNinja

Post by stampede_dude »

thats just one thing about tower man. they ship very vast IMO, but those are just the expected dates, they might as well say a year from now, because towers dates are never correct the first time.
viperdout
bitGangsta'

Post by viperdout »

stampede_dude wrote:thats just one thing about tower man. they ship very vast IMO, but those are just the expected dates, they might as well say a year from now, because towers dates are never correct the first time.
Or the third in this case...
Mazda787b
bitPlaya'

Post by Mazda787b »

Same thing happened to me. Hell, I even pre-ordered the same time as you. The RC18 RTR is back-ordered up the wazoo, you are better off paying a bit more and getting one from the LHS. I got impatient and jsut ordered a TLT instead. Expect the demand for the RC18 to go down after the mini777 comes out.
There's no replacement for displacment.
viperdout
bitGangsta'

Post by viperdout »

Mazda787b wrote:Same thing happened to me. Hell, I even pre-ordered the same time as you. The RC18 RTR is back-ordered up the wazoo, you are better off paying a bit more and getting one from the LHS. I got impatient and jsut ordered a TLT instead. Expect the demand for the RC18 to go down after the mini777 comes out.
Mini 777?

Edit: Ohhhh, the Kyosho Half-8. Nevermind...
Mazda787b
bitPlaya'

Post by Mazda787b »

Yeah Mini777, Halfeight, same thing.
There's no replacement for displacment.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

In the case of backorders, it's entirely out of Towers hands. Apparently Associated wasn't prepared to meet the demand.

I saw a reader's letter in RC Car Action requesting a mini section for 1/18th and smaller, and they said they had considered it, but are waiting to see if it's just a fad. Come on RC Car Action, don't be so damned narrow minded, there is obviously strong interest in smaller scales. How the heck is a new class supposed to survive without support from the media. :mad:

Halfeight, huh? WTH is that, a fancy way of saying 1/16th?
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
viperdout
bitGangsta'

Post by viperdout »

crazydave wrote:In the case of backorders, it's entirely out of Towers hands. Apparently Associated wasn't prepared to meet the demand.

I saw a reader's letter in RC Car Action requesting a mini section for 1/18th and smaller, and they said they had considered it, but are waiting to see if it's just a fad. Come on RC Car Action, don't be so damned narrow minded, there is obviously strong interest in smaller scales. How the heck is a new class supposed to survive without support from the media. :mad:

Halfeight, huh? WTH is that, a fancy way of saying 1/16th?
The Half-8 is a Kyosho 1:16 scale buggy with a fake nitro head sticking out of it:

http://216.69.159.49/stuff/rc/miniinferno1.wmv

gnubee
bitThug

Post by gnubee »

is it just me, or does the front and shocks of the half8 remind of the predator alien with his mask off, screaming?
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

with a fake nitro head sticking out of it
Oh gawd, how corny. :roll:

Sorry, that just struke me as silly. I guess if you got all that money tied up in a 777, then you might just have to have it's little "Half-8" brother, but otherwise, I maintain my :roll: stance.

Probably will have an inflated Kyosho price too.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
stampede_dude
bitNinja

Post by stampede_dude »

amen,dave...i just have that feeling that it wont be cheap...like the rip off hotbodies minizilla...a mini truck made for offroading...you can buy a damn 1/10 scale truck that will run it plum over off roading for that much.
Sdog
bitPimp

Post by Sdog »

I was at a local hobby shop a couple of weeks ago and they had three RC18T's in stock for around 160 bucks.

Silly crackers....
BOURBON TIME OUT!