SuperSlick 4WD is here!!!!

Want to talk about micro boats or micro planes? How about trains, slot cars or submarines? Well you can do it all right here. If it's another hobby and it doesn't fit in one of our other forums, then it goes here.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

DarkTari wrote:It either needs to be lower or much bigger wheels/tyres :-?
There you go, that's the ticket.
8-)

It's not jacked up too much, the wheels are way too small. Look at it, it looks like a monster truck on the semi wheels they use when they roll them up on the trailer.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

The truck itself is a cool set-up.

The choice of bodies right now suck...there's 2.

No upgrades avalible yet, but as always....Who really needs store bought upgrades. There's always fets.

Like I said before, my only questionable thing or part is the drivetrain center gearing. It doesn't engage enough to keep the truck 4WD.

Other than that, the suspension is really cool and the shocks look like they could fit a OL or MZM.

The motor is a stubby ZZMT motor.

It's almost 4am............goodnight........ :tired:

I'll fill in more ASAP. Sorry, for the short reveiws/comments. Opening a restaurant is a bitch.
viperdout
bitGangsta'

Post by viperdout »

sg219 wrote:The truck itself is a cool set-up.

The choice of bodies right now suck...there's 2.

No upgrades avalible yet, but as always....Who really needs store bought upgrades. There's always fets.

Like I said before, my only questionable thing or part is the drivetrain center gearing. It doesn't engage enough to keep the truck 4WD.

Other than that, the suspension is really cool and the shocks look like they could fit a OL or MZM.

The motor is a stubby ZZMT motor.

It's almost 4am............goodnight........ :tired:

I'll fill in more ASAP. Sorry, for the short reveiws/comments. Opening a restaurant is a bitch.
I think I might just drop an Iwaver board in, but I'll see when I get it.
stampede_dude
bitNinja

Post by stampede_dude »

sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

stampede_dude wrote:Image
That's what I'm talkin' about!!!

Thanks

I need to figure out how to do that with my computer. :???: :-)
richh
bitGangsta'

Post by richh »

checked out the two stores by me and nothing.

so any chance of some video or maybe some teardown pics? dying to know how these things are going to be?
viperdout
bitGangsta'

Post by viperdout »

Well, some assclown stole your pics: http://www.microrccenter.com/forum/inde ... ntry317768

:mad: :mad:
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

what a fuckin chump
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
stagg
bitGangsta'

Post by stagg »

can someone quote the bitch, adn give me there name? I cant view it, banned, those fuckers.
stampede_dude
bitNinja

Post by stampede_dude »

supergooman is his name...he is kind of retarded...ive seen many of his other posts
viperdout
bitGangsta'

Post by viperdout »

I called superpooman an asswipe in my post and got a warning email about cursing.
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

well believe it or not mrsissy got yo back!
sooperpooman wrote:well here are some pictures of the super slicks monster truck. because talk is cheap and pics are worth thousands of people talking, so here:

edit: i have to fix the pics first, because they are from a non liked site.

here they are i hope this satisfies everyones curiosity.

edited for content. please don't steal other peoples pics, especially when they request that they not be ripped. Chewy posted the URL of the web site to see them at. The bit pimps web site is not an unliked or banned site, we don't condone some of their language for our users so we can't link directly to them. Please don't spread misinformation, this leads to misunderstandings and people get angry and leave, or someone at bitpimps will get cheezed off and start flaming and spaming us.

This post has been edited by baratacus: Today, 11:55 AM
i used to be cool
stampede_dude
bitNinja

Post by stampede_dude »

what is spaming?

:-D
gnubee
bitThug

Post by gnubee »

lots of ways to spam.

one easy way is to derail a thread. go to a thread about a new car coming out and post "i like robots".. or something like that.

dont bother with doing this at tinyrc as none of the 12 yr olds there will even notice anything different.

nice looking truck.
viperdout
bitGangsta'

Post by viperdout »

Ok, I bought one tonight, and decided to go mudding, and after that little fun time, I'm ready for a full review. I'm at my dad's, so no pics until tomorrow night. Onto the review!

Price: Well, the SSMT has the base line beat here, with 21.99 instead of 24.99. If you have to buy batteries with it, the ZZMT wins, but I'm assuming you don't.

SSMT: 1, ZZMT: 0

Assembly: Again, the SSMT took the cup on this. It took me longer to open up the package that it did to assemble!

SSMT: 2, ZZMT: 0

Quality: Well, few of us thought we'd see the day when RS beat a competitor here. The SSMT's body is cheezy, but I'm not rating that. The problem is, I discovered what was causing SG219's front slip. The SSMT's wheels snap on, not like the ZZMT's, which bolt on. This caused some problems, which I'll explain later. Also, the SSMT's charging plug takes the bottom of the controller and plugs it into THE TOP of it. It's a fucking dumb arraignment. The ZZMT controller also owns IMO, but since these are both opinion, I'm not rating either.

SSMT: 2, ZZMT: 1

Street Cred: Another surprsing thing happened here. The SSMT's turning radius makes the ZZMT look like it can turn in your palm!! Both are dual celled, and while it might sound like the SSMT is slower, stock-for-stock, the SSMT is faster. If it was better turning stock and it could go significantly faster and had motor upgrades, the SSMT would win, but it doesn't.

SSMT: 2, ZZMT: 2

Off-roadability: Well, as mentioned above, the SSMT's wheels snap on. What I discovered tonight is that the hubs they mount on easily slip while in the wheel!! Whoever designed the wheel setup on this should be shot for ruining this otherwise great offroader.When it tries climbing in mud, you'll see it sit there, running its balls off, but the wheels AREN'T MOVING!! This pissed me off to no end, and also makes it so you won't wheelie. Surprisingly, the SSMT didn't roll once in my 20 minute run. Articulation is great, but it hates climbing. The ZZMT on the other hand is nearly impossible to stop and is loads of fun.

SSMT: 2, ZZMT: 3

Suspension: The SSMT has awesome articulation. The rear axle can go upto about 70-75 degrees, while the front I'd say is challenged at 35 degrees or so. As we all know, the ZZMT's suspension sucks balls, so I won't even waste space for it.

SSMT: 3, ZZMT: 3

This folks ends in a dead heat. I could've made an upgrade availability thread, but I think there will soon be upgrades for the 1:43 beast. Personally, I love both, but the ZZMT I feel is better stock for a noob who wants to do 0 modding. If the person shopping is an experienced pimp, the decision goes to the SSMT, because it has a great suspension setup, but the wheels and wheel mounts suck balls. After looking at it, I'm with SG on thinking that OL shocks will work. I think they'll lower it a bit. It would be very cool to put IW04 oil shocks on one of these just so see how it performs. Anyway, the choice is yours.

UPDATE: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that it has a front and center diff. The bad news is that it has a front and center diff. I thought modding the wheels to not slip would fix climbing. It does not, but the wheels don't slip. I'm gonna take it apart and see if I can solve the problem.