Micro r/c by.....SONY?????

Want to talk about micro boats or micro planes? How about trains, slot cars or submarines? Well you can do it all right here. If it's another hobby and it doesn't fit in one of our other forums, then it goes here.
MotorGong
bitNinja

Micro r/c by.....SONY?????

Post by MotorGong »

Wasn't sure where to drop this to you guys, new topic I suppose?
It's item #5974491500 on e-bay...It's already ended. I've seen clones, but Sony? Is it just thier name slapped on? Has anyone seen or heard of such a beast? :?:

Whoa, here it is again.....#5976068069.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... r4_PcY_BID

Also, as a newbie trying out anything I can get my hands on, waddya think of this?[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

I know bits are preferred, and I've read the reviews, but...wouldn't it be nice to try? Or seriously, am I wasting my time with these 'ittle bhastards?

And one more flavor, hopefully some PIMP will tell me I'm trippin' before they use this around me....
:ban:

BitPimps.....what an awesome forum, I love the way you guys relate, glad to be a part.
BattleField 2 Stats
"Please not in the fire's neighborhood, heat, that place the spirit swim to play or take care of." ...LxxChar-G Instruction Manual
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

without looking i'm guessing it's the sony ericsson bluetooth bit.
cost a fortune at first. you charged it on your phone and controlled it with 4 of the number keys on your phone.

might be cool to rip open and use in something else though :???:

EDIT it's just a crappy ol dome clone. it might have sony written on it somewhere but it aint the bluetooth one.
i used to be cool
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Actually, I think that seller is being straight up dishonest in saying, "It is made by Sony" in his description. I think this is a deliberate effort to trick someone who don't know better, it is one of the overpriced Sony cars.

I'm kinda irritated now. :mad:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

First off, CD is right...That mook advertising "by Sony" is full of shit...The picture on that auction showed a cheesey bullet clone. The only real Sony r/c is the Bluetooth controlled one:

The auction for the 2 Digi-Q car kits and extra steering wheel replacement looks like a nice set...I'm a little put off by the guy saying the items are in their boxes (does that mean they're new? Or that they're used but come in their original boxes. I hate unclear shit like that). If the cars are used, then I'd say don't pay anymore than $40 for the entire auction
bitNinja

Post by MotorGong »

Pimps to the rescue!!! Thanks CD, Betty and Numana! Every once in a while I'm an IMPULSE buyer....glad I came here first for the Pimps ultimate wisdom and guidence...when's Baptism? :lol:

Yeah, the Digi seems killer, but 'not new and in boxes' could mean they don't work at all. If it's not dirt cheap, I won't get it. If I do, the Lady lives like 40 miles from me, I could save the $7.50 shp.....wait, gas in Washington is around $2.52 Gallon..80 miles 'round trip...umm......nevermind.

Also, the lady said these were in a 'storage shed'. In wet Washington, with electronics, that can't be good. I mean, what kinda shed, off the back porch, or in the yard with the lawn mower and gardening tools? I suppose they can't tell us EVERYTHING, at least she said that much. Maybe I should see this as "red flags goin' up" and skip it. Have you Pimps had any storage/damage problems with your bits?
BattleField 2 Stats
"Please not in the fire's neighborhood, heat, that place the spirit swim to play or take care of." ...LxxChar-G Instruction Manual
hue35
bitPimp

Post by hue35 »

I'd pass on the digiQ thing, if it were me... they're not very mod-friendly and they have tank steering. Granted, I've never owned a digiQ, but I have owned a Nikko iRacer, which is pretty much the same thing. Also, I found the infrared thing annoying as hell... you have to point the controller at the car, or it won't work... also, they don't work well in the bright sunlight. My 2¢... they suck poop, straight from a butthole.
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

MotorGong wrote:Pimps to the rescue!!! Thanks CD, Betty and Numana! Every once in a while I'm an IMPULSE buyer....glad I came here first for the Pimps ultimate wisdom and guidence...when's Baptism? :lol:

Yeah, the Digi seems killer, but 'not new and in boxes' could mean they don't work at all. If it's not dirt cheap, I won't get it. If I do, the Lady lives like 40 miles from me, I could save the $7.50 shp.....wait, gas in Washington is around $2.52 Gallon..80 miles 'round trip...umm......nevermind.

Also, the lady said these were in a 'storage shed'. In wet Washington, with electronics, that can't be good. I mean, what kinda shed, off the back porch, or in the yard with the lawn mower and gardening tools? I suppose they can't tell us EVERYTHING, at least she said that much. Maybe I should see this as "red flags goin' up" and skip it. Have you Pimps had any storage/damage problems with your bits?

If you're looking to order some cheap bits, I highly recommend getting some speed sets and some of the $0.99-$1.99 hop-ups from Tower Hobbies.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wt ... XCFC6&P=ML

For $2.50 you're getting a brand-new Microsizer chassis in your choice of 27 or 49mhz with a teal gear. Tires and other gear sets are also cheap. I'll hook you up with a controller if you need one.

EDIT: They're NOT out of bodies, I just forgot how to scroll.
Last edited by SuperFly on Tue May 17, 2005 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

hue35 wrote:I'd pass on the digiQ thing, if it were me... they're not very mod-friendly and they have tank steering. Granted, I've never owned a digiQ, but I have owned a Nikko iRacer, which is pretty much the same thing. Also, I found the infrared thing annoying as hell... you have to point the controller at the car, or it won't work... also, they don't work well in the bright sunlight. My 2¢... they suck poop, straight from a butthole.
I am with Hue on this one I have had both and well they are cool for the first 3 to 4 Min. then thats when the poop sucking starts!! like Hue said they are hard to mod also the are small but they look like they have been smashed and squeezed to untill all the Cars look the same retarded way!

Pass on em' end get some real bits!
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
MotorGong
bitNinja

Post by MotorGong »

Coolness, I'm definately passin', you guys sealed my curiosity. Thx Hue n Ghandi....SuperFly what a way to hook a newbie up. It's been a little over A MONTH since this bit thing grabbed me by the balls and said "you're mine!" Right quick, here's what I've got so far.....

27 n 49 Microsizers Auto Modellista
27 n 49 speed sets
45 n 49 LXX 2-speeds (can't find box at moment for #)
G-02 Tomy Honda s2000 yellow 45
G-07 Tomy Celica black 35
The Nakamichi's 2-in-1
A Thunder Charger
Both MS Powerbrutes
ZZSE RX-7 1st gen
ZZSE Green Shelby 3rd gen
ZZMT Hulk 49
ZZMT DragonSlayer 27
A cheap-ass Hummer clone (now taken apart)
A fast out-of-box-dual-celled 1/64 semi w/trailer (no mods) 27 (brand?)
Not gonna list all these, but I have hop-up kits and tire kits and motor kits up the yang, both MS and ZZ.
MS n ZZ lap counters (sucks, reads only 1 car?)
12 different ZZ bodies (nothin special, i'm sure)
19 different bit bodies (again, nothin special or rare i'm sure)
3 ZZ pit cases
That's about it.
Nothing modded yet, but I can feel it in my veins.....
You PIMPS are probably yawning right now, but I'm in NEWBIE HEAVEN!!!!!
BattleField 2 Stats
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

hue35 wrote:... they suck poop, straight from a butthole.
You know, to some people (sessiz and hogjowlz) that's actually a good thing. And at the very least, something fascinating to watch (only in a heterosexual way though).

I'm not attempting to dissuade anybody, but the DigiQ ain't all that bad (I've got 4 cars and the special digital propo controller). When I was a kid, I loved the Penny Racers. So when they made a Penny Racer into a Remote Control car, I was ALL OVER THAT. For nostalgia sake, and if you're into super micros (at the cost or real control) then the DigiQ is worth a look.

IMO, there's really only 2 choices out there now for Micros...The ZipZaps SE for racing and control and the ZipZaps MT for balls out fun and run-anywhere capability.

Post by CaboWabo »

:lol: I was gonna have to call you out if you mentioned your little Puchi
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »