Fastlane 1/24th scale ('04 style)

Want to talk about micro boats or micro planes? How about trains, slot cars or submarines? Well you can do it all right here. If it's another hobby and it doesn't fit in one of our other forums, then it goes here.
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

Picked this sucker up today, drove it around for a few minutes and took the dremel to it after i found some old stock mini t electronics.

I ended up installing the mini t servo up front (i need to fill in the gaps so i dont get junk in there) and i plan to install those electronics inside the main copartment (lots of room inside there. I think i can cram a mini t big block motor in there with six gp cells(3 on either side fits perfect)

I have a feeling this much power may be too much for the $20 toy but who knows, might turn out to be a ripp'n good time. That or a spectacular crash will send it to the scrap pile.

STG
Kokolo
bitPlaya'

Post by Kokolo »

STG There is one word I have to say Nice Work( that was two but i dont care) How did you install the servo?
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

here is a shot of her all done (except the battery covers, i cant figure out where the hell i put those things)

SHe is fast with the red motor and red gears (cant do a full turn at full speed or ill flip over) Next ill upgrade the shocks and install a big block motor in there (im a little worried about the heat melting the cheap plastic though.

Took her for a spin today and its 100 times better than stock, the propo makes a huge difference and this thing is fast with the 6 cells.

FOr the steering i did alot of grinding and cutting to make room for the servo, i then tacked it in place with some high quality super glue, put the cover back on and then made a few plastic brackets that hold it in place. I also need to close up the gap i made from trial and error cutting to fit that thing in there.

And a side note, mini t and rc18 t tires will fit these rims, you will just need to glue them in place to keep them from slipping

STG
Last edited by Sporttracguy on Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zenith
bitGangsta'

Post by Zenith »

You're gonna break something, I know it.
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

Yeah, im sure ill break something fairly quickly, it sure will be fun trying to modify it more when that happens,,, for the price its already bee worth it.

While its charging i figured i would try some different bodies out on it,, i found this yellow truck and xmod (slightly larger than the black one) i think i like the yellow truck.

STG
Zenith
bitGangsta'

Post by Zenith »

Now that yellow truck is it man. '55 Ford? Those chrome "tanks" (i think those are the battery covers) would set it off a bit too.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Aww man, you suck. I got a '55 Chevy model, and the only reason I didn't already mount it the other day, is because I was gonna make it a flat bed. Welp, that's been done. :lol:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

Crazydave-

Heh, beat you to it. Actualy, this is a model i purchased in a set from dogbreathracing, it came with an overland i purchased form him and i never really liked it on the OL but it really fits well on this beast.

I say go for it anyways, id like to see what you come up with.

Ok, now news on how the truck is running:

I took her out for about 10 minutes and this thing hauls, im using the red motor with green gears and pinion. It has plenty of torque and a top speed that can beat any of my 6 cell xmods no contest. It will pop wheelies from a stop.

the turning circle is awsome with the propo but if i turn too sharp at higher speeds im on my roof. Also, the stock shocks seem to be a bit on the soft side, if i try to turn suddenly or if i just turn the truck and go in circles i end up with 3 tires on the ground and one up in the air from the lean i get. Im thinking ill either put some OL shocks on there or just streatch these out a bit to stiffen them up a little.

The red motor gets pretty toasty after 10-15 minuts of hard driving although its not hot enough to damage the plastic yet. Im thinking if that big block ends up in there i may have a heat issue.

As far as top speed, its faster than my 6 cell mini t was when it was stock (not even close to stock now of course ;) )

Well, time to test out the red gearing with the red motor.

STG
Kokolo
bitPlaya'

Post by Kokolo »

I't is beatiful I believe i will do the same to mine( think about it a 20$ car + a few dollar hobby electronics= mayhem.
I hope there will be a video soon.
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

Thanks. Id love to do a video but im short a video camera :sad:
Tuner1989
bitNinja

Post by Tuner1989 »

Damn, that looks like one hell of a clean install. Good job man! :-o
Kokolo
bitPlaya'

Post by Kokolo »

O well Not all of us can have a video camera ( I know I don't ) But I hope to get one very soon. Also that red aluminum Mini-T is very nice. Are those dynamite parts on it?
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

Yeah, most of them are dynamite alloy, some are GPM and a few others, whatever i could find that was red lol. That thing is scary fast (45+ easy) Its running 8 cells with a mamba 8000. Its sitting there because i just broke the last plastic part i had on there, the chassis. So now im in the market for a red alloy chassis lol.

I put the red gears in with the red motor and the speed did increase some but i lost some torque as a result (as was to be expected)

Im thinking that big block is looking mighty nice right about now.

Im going to break this thing arent i lol :???:

STG
Last edited by Sporttracguy on Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beanoman
bitGangsta'

Post by beanoman »

Hmmm, forgot to post mine... I was working with mine about a month ago, minit board, stock steering with a pot added in.. And 2 lithium aa's. It was too fast for its own good and slammed into the corner of a wall, and did something to the pot- may have fried the board :( If I dig back a month in my pile of shit I may find it and see if i can fix it :lol:. Never got to run it while the batts were topped off, but it could wheelie from a start for 3 feet.

To say the least, I got a bit of fun out of a uber cheap truck and some stuff that was laying around....

beano

Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

For those of you who have no concept of the phrase "Over Kill" THis mod is for you. Im still grinding away so that the heatsink will fit but other than that this baby is in!

I took an orion bigblock 1:18 scale modified motor and stuck it in this beast. I also decided with this install i should purchase another one of these 4 wheelers for parts lol.

ANyways, Enjoy.

STG