RS vette help

Want to talk about micro boats or micro planes? How about trains, slot cars or submarines? Well you can do it all right here. If it's another hobby and it doesn't fit in one of our other forums, then it goes here.
91LudeSiT
bitHood

RS vette help

Post by 91LudeSiT »

Hey guys i finnally unpacked all my RC shit from my move, its about damn time(it only took 9 months), anyway I started messing with my RS 1/45 vette that bears a striking resemblence to the thank happys from rcmart. Alright to the point, the wheels are all clogged up with hair, is there a way to get them off or they stuck on like the zipzap wheels.
EDIT:Also are the motors for the vette the same as the ZZMT motors, i think they are, i will check tommorow, anybody know the number of winds on the motor?
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

i have a dg master (think happy).
the wheels are held on like zz's, you'll need fine tweezers and a hobby knife to remove the hair if you don't wanna pull them apart.

the dg master motor is the same size as a mini z servo motor, bigger than a zzmt motor.

here she is:
http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpFo ... php?t=6213
i used to be cool
91LudeSiT
bitHood

Post by 91LudeSiT »

Thanks for the info betty, anychance of finding an adequete replacement motor yet? I guess i should start digging
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

betty.k wrote:i also found that the iwaver servo motor is much better than the stock drive motor (same size). so it's a bit faster than a stock mini z now.
kyosho servo motors are slower than the iwaver ones. i have no idea where to buy them separately.
epoch servo motors are also the same size.
i used to be cool
91LudeSiT
bitHood

Post by 91LudeSiT »

thanks again betty, you have been a great help, which iwaver electronics did you use IW01 or IW02? i think the iw pcb conversion on this car is sweet
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

you want the iw02 pcb, the 01 has really twitchy steering.
the way to tell the difference is the 01 has the servo motor and pot wires coming from the end of the pcb.
the 02 has the servo motor wires coming from the end and the pot wires coming from the side of the pcb.

i've updated the servo mod pics in that thread too :-)
i used to be cool
arfin
bitGangsta'

Post by arfin »

You can Use MT Motors on them, i hear this from a member named "SpeedMeiser" Who said they go MUCH faster with the MT motors.
91LudeSiT
bitHood

Post by 91LudeSiT »

the MT motors look similar but are a bit smaller, i don't know why they wouldn't work though right? i mean they fit and everything i guess its up to me to try it!
91LudeSiT
bitHood

Post by 91LudeSiT »

betty i found a source for replacement motors!
http://www.balsapr.com/common/keywordSi ... eImage=yes