Man, how stupid can i get?!

Want to talk about micro boats or micro planes? How about trains, slot cars or submarines? Well you can do it all right here. If it's another hobby and it doesn't fit in one of our other forums, then it goes here.
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Man, how stupid can i get?!

Post by Sporttracguy »

Ok, i just need to vent on account of my own stupidity. Ive had an epoch for some time now and i love it, it was a little slow so i added a cell and i lasted about 3 months on a 4 cell car, then i wanted more speed and torque so i ordered an external turbo.

The turbo came today and ive been installing it, un installing it, re installing it...ect.... because i couldnt get the damn thing to work. Then i thought i fried something in the process.. so im freaking out because i just spent the last hour breaking my epoch :?

After that hour i took the turbo off to see if that was the problem and then my worst fear, the car still didnt work :shock: So i start fooling around with it trying to see what i broke all while the crystal is sitting all alone on my desk away from my car.

Turns out the entire time i had forgotten to plug the crystal back into the car :???:

I plug it in and everything works great. So i just now finished installing the turbo and its time for a test drive.

Sorry guys, just had to rant.

EDIT: OK, i just took her out for a spin and WOW! I'm impressed with how much better she runs. Now for a kyosho power boat motor and ill be good to go.

STG
Last edited by Sporttracguy on Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

:lol:

I did something similar to a F-250 I had. I was underneath it installing a new starter, (almost done) had to tighten and put in a couple of bolts, and my friend comes along and jumps up in the cab to take a look. Then asks me why it wasn't in park. :?
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

I did the same exact thing when I installed my turbo.
http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpFo ... php?t=6650

We should get together, hang out. Know any good light sockets to play with? :lol:

4 cells and the turbo makes the epoch pretty not bad, huh? I still want more punch, I'm getting me one of them mini-z boat motors.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

We should get together, hang out. Know any good light sockets to play with? Laughing
ha ha,, yeah man, we can get together but my girlfriend put those little plastic things in all my sockets so i dont hurt my self :-x Im sure ill find a way around those though lol.

I saw the post about the mini z boat motor the other day, i think ill order one tonight and really let this baby loose :???:

STG
arfin
bitGangsta'

Post by arfin »

I don't remember how many times this has happened to me, i just can't get over this problem, BUT i would’ve noticed it before i installed/uninstalled a turbo 3 times :razz:

I have a 4-cell with Turbo, and Mini-z boat motor, it's perfect, now all i need are very grippy tires, or maybe some added weight in the back, but the turbo gives the motor the torque it needs, after this i don't think you will be looking for more speed.
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

been there, done that too :-)

first time i got my epoch the throttle started pulsing. i assumed the pcb died and swapped it out for an iw pcb. still didn't work.
then it dawned on me, my 1:10 esc pulses when the batts are flat so maybe that applies here too.
swapped it back, charged it and it worked!

my other favourite trick is soldering a nelly gate wires to the wrong pads.
i used to be cool