Mini z aquaspeed motor + Epoch= tiny mini z killer

Want to talk about micro boats or micro planes? How about trains, slot cars or submarines? Well you can do it all right here. If it's another hobby and it doesn't fit in one of our other forums, then it goes here.
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Mini z aquaspeed motor + Epoch= tiny mini z killer

Post by Sporttracguy »

My mini z aquaspeed boat motor just came in the mail today! Its a direct drop in install in the 1:43 epoch and in combination with the bug external turbo and four cells this thing is amazing. I would have to say with those upgrades it atleast doubles the stock acceleration and speed, Im going to need new tires soon. (already worn smooth)

This motor is a must for anyone who isnt satisfied with their epoch :-o

STG
arfin
bitGangsta'

Re: Mini z aquaspeed motor + Epoch= tiny mini z killer

Post by arfin »

Sporttracguy wrote:My mini z aquaspeed boat motor just came in the mail today! Its a direct drop in install in the 1:43 epoch and in combination with the bug external turbo and four cells this thing is amazing. I would have to say with those upgrades it atleast doubles the stock acceleration and speed, Im going to need new tires soon. (already worn smooth)

This motor is a must for anyone who isnt satisfied with their epoch :-o

STG
Same exact thing! I freaken love this set up, plus i'm getting bearings in a few days, and will find a way to hook them up to my Epoch, can't wait.
Also does anyone have an Integra body they would sell me, i want to hook up an Epoch with lights.

EDIT: I just wanted to ask, what do you do to keep it going straight? I guess just new tires? I really want the silicone (?) tires that Arch has.
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

Keep it going straight? Umm, I just adjust the allignment on the remote and the epoch goes straight. Mybe you have some junk in one of your front wheels thats causing it to turn one way? Not sure if that answers your question

STG
arfin
bitGangsta'

Post by arfin »

When i push full throttle at a stop, it turns one way, i have both my front wheels spinnin' like they are on bearings, and my diff is probably the best one i have, but i still have this problem. When i tried racing it on concrete, it flew perfectly straight, i loved it.
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

Im guessing the problem is that you are putting so much power to the differential that its causing it to slip, this causes power to only go to one drive wheel and makes the epoch turn during acceleration.

I have this problem sometimes too, ive thought about locking the differential but im not sure if i should or not.

STG
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Arfin, I thought I remember you doing LBRC's mod to rebuild the diff? I've been too afraid too try that, so I'm not really famililar with the diff's internals, but I'm thinking he's right about your problem. Can't you pack it with some grease? That should help if that was the case.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
arfin
bitGangsta'

Post by arfin »

Yeah, i'm not sure if it was a mod, or just a way of cleaning your diff, but yeah i did that a few months ago, maybe it's dirty i'll try that. LBRC also put a BALL BEARING! In his diff, i want to try that one.

I should have BB in my epoch wheels soon!
pimpsmurf
bitGangsta'

Post by pimpsmurf »

If it is a small gear diff, pack it full of badhorsie diff locking greese. That should keep it from slipping. :)

-JNY
arfin
bitGangsta'

Post by arfin »

I found out the problem, it was my tires! I replaced the back ones with fresh ones, and it runs straight as an arrow. I never realized how important tires could be.

Hey LB, have you modded your Epoch wheels yet? I know i seen a thread about it, but not to much info.