My other Secret Hobby

Want to talk about micro boats or micro planes? How about trains, slot cars or submarines? Well you can do it all right here. If it's another hobby and it doesn't fit in one of our other forums, then it goes here.
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

My other Secret Hobby

Post by steelwoolghandi »

Ok I admit it I have had another hobby besides RC and I have just started kicking it up a notch!
I have built ship models in the past but mostly plastic and some simple wood models well now I am going for the real detail in a full wood model.

Here is what I bought on eBay to build. I got a good deal on this as most of these go for over $100.00 on eBay before freight. I have built a Robert E. Lee before but it was a Lindberg plastic kit (sold it to a guy that owns a steamboat museum) now I go for the real hard stuff! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

Here is a cool site for anyone that is interested in Some real model builders I suggest looking in the Gallery and check out the detail that these guys produce most is scratch build Just think what these guys could do with a Micro RC car!! http://www.drydockmodels.com/
Last edited by steelwoolghandi on Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
MafiaS
bitGangsta'

Post by MafiaS »

Oopps replied in the wrong area at first...Sweet hobby! The store near me has all kinds of boats. I think the owner mostly specializes in them, and builds them himself he's got the kids running around for the RC stuff. He's into all kinds of RC boats though but I know in his workshop I've seen stuff like that lying around everywhere. You must be really talented and patient for that stuff. Props SWG!
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

MafiaS wrote: You must be really talented and patient for that stuff. Props SWG!
We will see how Talented I am as I tackle this model its got a piss load of detail and I have to scratch build a lot! :shock:
My other hangout! R7R
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

Holy shit that requires maticulous work, I could never have enough patience to build something like that. They look cool as hell though.
Nice score, the Robert E. Lee.

P.S. Movin this to Miscellanious Micro RCs & Other Hobbies
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
mikirgra
bitThug

Post by mikirgra »

What a relief. When I read the subject, I was afraid to open this thread for fear that it might contain mention of gerbils.

Keep us posted on your progress Steely.
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

[quote="mikirgra"]What a relief. When I read the subject, I was afraid to open this thread for fear that it might contain mention of gerbils. [quote]

Oh I forgot to tell ya'll.......... :shock:
My other hangout! R7R
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

steelwoolghandi wrote:
mikirgra wrote:What a relief. When I read the subject, I was afraid to open this thread for fear that it might contain mention of gerbils.
Oh I forgot to tell ya'll.......... :shock: Aaarrrg, I calls them me pirates! Make them walk the plank and go down to Davey Jones' Locker.

:-?
Last edited by frizzen on Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
sessiz
bitPimp

Post by sessiz »

Did yall know that Steamboat is slang for a sexual procedure involving cunnilingus? :???:

Anywhooo...looks like you gots yourself an endeavor there swg. :-)
MASTER of the Harmless CHAOS!!!1!
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

Can you guys stop fucking up the quote thing? :lol:
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

those boats look amazing when made! :-o
there's a model boat shop just 5 minutes walk from my house, there's always something intricate in the window and the guy is always helpful.

good luck on the build :-)
i used to be cool
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

[quote="CaboWabo"]Can you guys stop fucking up the quote thing? :lol:[quote]

Do what? :???:
My other hangout! R7R
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

[quote="steelwoolghandi"][quote="CaboWabo"]Can you guys stop fucking up the quote thing? :lol:[quote]

Do what? :???:[quote]
Perfect :-o