Slot Car stuff...

Want to talk about micro boats or micro planes? How about trains, slot cars or submarines? Well you can do it all right here. If it's another hobby and it doesn't fit in one of our other forums, then it goes here.
MafiaS
bitGangsta'

Slot Car stuff...

Post by MafiaS »

Hey pimps I was wondering if any of you guys know some good sites or information on these things.

I am more into the larger sizes like 1/24th, or 1/32nd scale.

What i want to view is thier scenery designs, and track layout, not the actually racing aspect. So Pictures would be ten times better.

I am going to do some more searching but just incase I miss a few places just let me know.

Thanks alot for your help.
canabits
bitThug

re:

Post by canabits »

Not sure if this is what you're after but there's alot of shots of different tracks (many home-made) at http://www.oldslotracer.com/
MafiaS
bitGangsta'

Post by MafiaS »

aww man you nailed it...Cheers big guy you are clutch...
Finks
bitPimp

Post by Finks »

This tutorial on that link is simply the bomb. Check out the vids at the end. This is a must click for anyone reading this thread.
http://www.oldslotracer.com/Rally1.html
Suck My Bits
:twisted:©2005 Finks fucked your girlfriend in highschool inc
MafiaS
bitGangsta'

Post by MafiaS »

ahha just finished reading up on that one...There is another vid of some racing and they pull a slow mo caption of the race and you see a viper swirl into a turn, it looks pretty sick.

This is not making me wanna sleep right now. I was building a 1/28th scale track alll day today and we got the outline drawn out and painted, the lanes are 30 inch, and it covers a huge basement.

We won't be ready for scenery just yet but probably after new years we gotta start gathering some materials which i have no clue where to get from!
mikirgra
bitThug

Post by mikirgra »

And I would recommend checking out OTP's stuff on Ripper's site. He's got tons of 1:32 slot stuff, and he's working on a "small" 1:32 project in his backyard. 8)
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

MafiaS wrote:This is not making me wanna sleep right now. I was building a 1/28th scale track alll day today and we got the outline drawn out and painted, the lanes are 30 inch, and it covers a huge basement.!
If you've got the room, go with wider lanes and a simpler layout. I know I always say that when the subject of tracks comes up, but tracks are just no fun if you can't go fast most of the time.

The thing I still don't understand is where people are driving these cars with hot rod motors. Hue and I have a big, wide RCP track, and we're pretty good drivers. Never had the need to go any faster than an X-Speed motor.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

SuperFly wrote: The thing I still don't understand is where people are driving these cars with hot rod motors. Hue and I have a big, wide RCP track, and we're pretty good drivers. Never had the need to go any faster than an X-Speed motor.
Well the obvious answer would be that they are either racing in a wide open area, or they are not racing at all, probably going just for insane top speeds to impress friends...

Or at least that's what I'd like to believe, but that may not be the case. When I was running 1/10th scale stock class. i could barely handle my stock motor. I tried going for the matched cells and the latest greatest motor to increase my lap times, but I just wrecked more. (Honestly my first lap with that setup, I hit the table top crooked, flew about 25ft off the track, right over people sitting at their pit tables, and in the back of someones truck. I was a bit famous for that stunt, had to mention it. :lol: ) But anyways getting to my point, on the other hand the guys in the modified class are running more than twice as fast as me, and making tighter laps. So obviously skill plays a large part. You should see the sponsered pros run. They're like machines they're so precise.

Setup plays a role too. I had my buddy that ran in the modifieds run my car to see what I could improve, and he couldn't believe how dialed it already was. I was like damn, that means I gotta learn to drive better... Well at least I know how to dial them in. :lol:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
MafiaS
bitGangsta'

Post by MafiaS »

See superfly it all depends. The track we are currently making is fitting our racing needs. I am sure you have a blast with simple layouts, and ya your high speed cars get to be tested nicely. But for some reason I love it when the suspension, and handling kicks in on a nicely designed track. That does not mean we dont have a gigantic straight away.

You see we are building a track for actually three different layouts. We have one layout what is called the time circuit, it is the lengthiest part of the track, another layout as the oval. And one last layout just uses the long straight. We have a light sign for the drag strip for the mini Z.

I have some pics but my uncle made me promise I wouldn't post that shit up till we have everything painted and at least bordered off. But don't worry you pimps will be the first to know haha...

Plus once we have the layout painted and all organized imma need your pimps advice for scenery ideas. We need all the help we could get.
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

The thing I still don't understand is where people are driving these cars with hot rod motors
In our backyards of course!

http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpFo ... php?t=6905

:cool:
People are mean to you because you're a fucking idiot.
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

with our "hot" setups the lanes are about 3-4ft wide!
really hot setups are no fun, i remember a 1:10 track being too small for one of ph2t's lipo z's. :shock:
i used to be cool
MafiaS
bitGangsta'

Post by MafiaS »

Holy shitters....I'm not sure if i would enjoy that too much on a track ahha.
minibitguy
bitHood

Post by minibitguy »

MiNiBiTgUy
1.1 WRX bit-charg- retired(but still works)
4.2 BB open back
4.2 mercedes imitation
3.8 toyota corolla- deceased
4.2 custom convertible WRX