Disc Golf

Want to talk about micro boats or micro planes? How about trains, slot cars or submarines? Well you can do it all right here. If it's another hobby and it doesn't fit in one of our other forums, then it goes here.
payaso
bitPimp

Disc Golf

Post by payaso »

http://www.gulfportdiscgolf.com/home

This friend of mine that I work with owns "Gulfport Disc Golf" and has been hooking me up with new discs' since my others were super outdated.

This guy has whatever the fuck you want. Not sure how many of you are into it, or have even heard of this, but bitPimps has sponsored holes in disc golf tournaments in the past.

Since he's been gettin me back into the golf scene, I thought it only proper like to get him back into the micro R/C scene. Now instead of playing a round of golf inbetween dispatched calls, we also get some racing done too.

He's got a link up from there to here, and I put one in this thread to his shop so yall can see his deals. If you don't see it, just ask, and he'll help you out.

He should be joining here as soon as his addiction sets in, so keep an eye out.

Come on in brian, and get yer R/C on.... :-)

I'll post pics of my new drivers, and putters.

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
stampede_dude
bitNinja

Post by stampede_dude »

Looks like a fun game.
Its better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

I've never played it, but it does seem to be gaining popularity around Pittsburgh.

More and more people that I meet, tend to either ask me if I play, or do I know where a course is, while their in town.

There are several courses around me. I just never knew anyone that played, up until recently. Last year or so.

It looks like, and sounds like its alot of fun.

Maybe I need to get out and play some.

Any chance of a custom bitPimps long distance disc? or putter?
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

But what the hell is disc golf? (For those of us that are clueless.) I followed the link and found nothing that describes the game. From my point of view it looks like a bunch of expensive little frisbees. :lol:

I'm nearly positive there are no disc golfing coarses around here. :???:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

crazydave wrote:But what the hell is disc golf? (For those of us that are clueless.) I followed the link and found nothing that describes the game. From my point of view it looks like a bunch of expensive little frisbees. :lol:

I'm nearly positive there are no disc golfing coarses around here. :???:
Golf with frisbees and metal chain baskets for the holes. 18 holes and you have different discs for different shots.

I'm sure you got a couple out there. They are everywhere, you just have to look for them. I only knew of one in my area, until people started asking about it, and now I find out that there are several courses.
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

A quick little tip on frisbee golf: That's all it is. It's pretty fun, and you don't need a real course to do it. You just have to make up your "holes", each with their own tee-off area and par.

Like, tee-off area is behind this drinking fountain, and the hole is the green garbage can at the bottom of the hill around the corner. It's all about how few frisbee tosses can you make to get from one place to another.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

crazydave wrote:But what the hell is disc golf?
Like the rest said, it's just like golf, but with discs.. Drivers, mid range, and putters. Whoever gets it in the hole with the least amount of throws, is the king. Thousands of courses nowadays in the US..

I'll ask if we can get a bP disc.

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
Rheinholdt

Dexter, Oregon Course.

Post by Rheinholdt »

Yo' Pimps,

There is one at the state park where my bro' sometimes walks his dog. I've said more than once that we oughta take a couple of Frizzies and give the dog a real walk. If bitPimps produces a PimpDisk count me in.

Respectfully, Rheinholdt.
nosce teipsum