Mini Mauler

Want to talk about micro boats or micro planes? How about trains, slot cars or submarines? Well you can do it all right here. If it's another hobby and it doesn't fit in one of our other forums, then it goes here.
Swavey
bitThug

Mini Mauler

Post by Swavey »

Whats goin on Pimps...

Just curious if anyone has seen or heard anything about these..

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/arti ... cle_id=465

Saw one run today in Alberta Canada. the dude at the shop didnt know much about anything at all :P So I figured Id take it straight to the pro's!

:D Swavey
PencilNeckGeek
bitHood

Post by PencilNeckGeek »

The Mini mauler is alot like a cheapie version of the Kyosho Mini trucks or the IWaver ones.The plus with the mauler is it is easy to mod on the cheap.

Out of the box its a fun truck.Uses a 130 class motor,and you have plenty of space to juice it up,ESC/receiver and even LiPo if you chose to.

For the prices these go its a good buy
I blame bitPIMPS for infecting me with the savage urge to buy roach sized RC!
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

Post by civicsr2cool »

yeah i see them as a toy like the superlsick ones that just come out, theyd be great for a first r/c for a younger person.
and for a sidenote they are no where near 1/18, the body fit perfectly on my civic xmod.
[]D [] []V[] []D
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

Is it 4x4? It does look a lot like the SuperSlick 1:24 MT.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Its supposed to be 1/18th, but you know these 1/18th scale cars aren't much larger than the 1/28th, for some odd reason. A Losi MiniT is only 8 1/2 inches compared to my Iwaver 04's 7 inches. That probably makes it about the same as the SS MT.

I want to get an 1/18th scale car, someday, when I got some extra cash to blow.

... but I swear I will not go any larger, unless it's gas powered. I blew too much money trying to make my electric 1/10th scale cars go as fast as the gas powered cars will out of the box. I'm kinda afraid even 1/18th scale cars, with Mamba and their brushless motors, LiPo battery packs, and all that alloy out there for them, might lead me astray. Shit most of them don't even come with oil shocks... this could get expensive, real fast. :lol:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

crazydave wrote:Its supposed to be 1/18th, but you know these 1/18th scale cars aren't much larger than the 1/28th, for some odd reason. A Losi MiniT is only 8 1/2 inches compared to my Iwaver 04's 7 inches. That probably makes it about the same as the SS MT.
Wow, I must be like 1:15 or something with 9"

:-D
minibitguy
bitHood

Post by minibitguy »

as far as i know there 1/24. Theyre supposed to go 20 mph. They are 2wd, with a solid axle suspension. Apparently its impposible to make them 4wd. They look kinda cool.I saw the vid They look a lot quicker and more lively than a kyosho mini monster.
MiNiBiTgUy
1.1 WRX bit-charg- retired(but still works)
4.2 BB open back
4.2 mercedes imitation
3.8 toyota corolla- deceased
4.2 custom convertible WRX
TrikeKid

Post by TrikeKid »

Their vid shows them modded out, out of the box they aren't the most exciting truck, but with the addition of a 5+ cell pack they do really come alive. I run a KAN 700 5 cell pack from cheapbatterypacks.com in mine, and even that is a hand full at the stock wheel base, so I'm working on a stretch at the moment, then it'll be 6 or 7 cells. You can run a ton of power through the stock electronics, I know of a guy that ran a 11.1v lipo through his otherwise stock truck, with no ill effect.
minibitguy
bitHood

Post by minibitguy »

Hmmm. $620 in my "play money". this car $120. already got a venom hex 7 pack. Wonder whats gonna happen? :???:

Edit: you can get the a-tech mini monster for $160(aus). They are about 4 cms longer, are 4wd, have hop up motors and batteries, they dont look as fast as the mini mauler, but they can do wheelies and are redicuosly brilliant off road. I love mine, but lemme tell ya; they hate beach sand
MiNiBiTgUy
1.1 WRX bit-charg- retired(but still works)
4.2 BB open back
4.2 mercedes imitation
3.8 toyota corolla- deceased
4.2 custom convertible WRX