Yep, life is good.

Want to talk about micro boats or micro planes? How about trains, slot cars or submarines? Well you can do it all right here. If it's another hobby and it doesn't fit in one of our other forums, then it goes here.
Clint
bitPimp

Yep, life is good.

Post by Clint »

Wife came home last night and said she was having probs with the van. Went to check it out and there was a Blade CP sitting on it.

:eek:

Still though..The van does need an oil change... :-(

:wobble:

Kokolo
bitPlaya'

Post by Kokolo »

Lucky Bastard. JP.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Nice one dude. Can your wife have a talk with mine? lol

Is it RTF?

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

man, i'm so close to venturing into the world of helis it's not funny!

this shit just aint helping clint! :lol:
i used to be cool
Clint
bitPimp

Post by Clint »

Woot!

Maiden voyage went without a hitch.
Used up a whole battery pack, no crashes, no damage.

Began tail-in, basically skidded along the garage floor on the trainer balls with the skids off the ground.

At first all it would go was left(which i expected)..but after I got the hang of just getting the heli light on it's feet, I was able to scoot around the floor in all directions. :lol:

At one point, I GOT 3 INCHES OFF THE GROUND! TRAINER BALLS AND ALL!!!1!111 :-D

i know, i'm such a dork.

p.s. it's as hard as everyone says it is.

betty.k wrote:man, i'm so close to venturing into the world of helis it's not funny!

this shit just aint helping clint! :lol:
this is too much fun. you need one. i've got a smirk on my face a MILE wide right now.
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

Wow man that is just so cool and you have a cool wife too! Mine got me a E-Sky RTF Heli for our last anniversary and its been a lot of fun. I have gotten it off the ground more and more now but its like you said Cont it’s a real pain to learn to fly.

Let me know in a few years how the learn’in is going… :lol:
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
Clint
bitPimp

Post by Clint »

I'm able to get it out of ground effect now. Cant call it a hover(not even close), but i can get it in the air about a foot and a half up. i have whacked the blades once as well. just a scrape on the outmost edge, hasnt hurt it.

I keep forgetting that I can use the tail to adjust direction. I'm so concentrated on throttle speed to try to maintain stable altitude, that using the tail rotor on the same stick is tough. Sim felt much easier.. i think because i couldnt break anything with it.

I'm not too bad with orientation of the heli. head-in doesnt seem to be as
much as a beast as i thought. sides are giving me a lot of trouble tho, keep double guessing myself, so i end up setting it down instead.

Trims were not set very well out of the box, but during the first two sessions, I couldnt tell if it was me, the natural movement of the heli or the trims. after the 4th battery charge, i was able to adjust the trims to compensate for some of the coasting. made an instant improvement and
allowed me to get some decent stability.