Interesting visit to TRU

Want to talk about micro boats or micro planes? How about trains, slot cars or submarines? Well you can do it all right here. If it's another hobby and it doesn't fit in one of our other forums, then it goes here.
Tuner1989
bitNinja

Interesting visit to TRU

Post by Tuner1989 »

Well i was searching the local tru today looking to score a picco z, didnt find one but i did find some interesting new stock.

#1 A fastlane buggy, 4wd, shaft driven and 4 wheel independent suspension for $39.99 slightly smaller than 1/18'th scale, but it had the body on so i couldnt get a good look at the chassis.

#2 Heres what really had my interest a Hydrofoam copy by Flywheels, it looked well built, advertised to go on land and fly up to 20 Stories in the air. But what really caught my attention was that it advertised a 20-25MPH Air speed! And a 18 MPH Ground speed! I was gonna pick one up but the price was a bit too rich for my blood at the time, its $59.99.
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Re: Interesting visit to TRU

Post by steelwoolghandi »

Tuner1989 wrote: #2 Heres what really had my interest a Hydrofoam copy by Flywheels, it looked well built, advertised to go on land and fly up to 20 Stories in the air. But what really caught my attention was that it advertised a 20-25MPH Air speed! And a 18 MPH Ground speed! I was gonna pick one up but the price was a bit too rich for my blood at the time, its $59.99.
Don't forget that is not even with a battery it takes a lipo set up that they sell for $30.00 so the cost goes up to almost $100.00 bucks with Tax. I checked them out too and almost bought one untill I saw the total cost with battery and figured I would wait a bit.
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
Tuner1989
bitNinja

Re: Interesting visit to TRU

Post by Tuner1989 »

steelwoolghandi wrote:
Tuner1989 wrote: #2 Heres what really had my interest a Hydrofoam copy by Flywheels, it looked well built, advertised to go on land and fly up to 20 Stories in the air. But what really caught my attention was that it advertised a 20-25MPH Air speed! And a 18 MPH Ground speed! I was gonna pick one up but the price was a bit too rich for my blood at the time, its $59.99.
Don't forget that is not even with a battery it takes a lipo set up that they sell for $30.00 so the cost goes up to almost $100.00 bucks with Tax. I checked them out too and almost bought one untill I saw the total cost with battery and figured I would wait a bit.
True, thanks for catching that :-o . I was thinking if i picked one up i'd make my own lipo pack. Hopefully they go down in price after a couple of months on the shelves.