My SSMT143 Ram Stough

Want to talk about micro boats or micro planes? How about trains, slot cars or submarines? Well you can do it all right here. If it's another hobby and it doesn't fit in one of our other forums, then it goes here.
spooky
bitHood

My SSMT143 Ram Stough

Post by spooky »

Its been a loooong time since I posted here or even visted but then came clint's ZZMT articulation mod so I had to check that out. I notice you guys don't have a super slicks forum.

I doubt you've missed the potential of the SSMT143 but in case you did here's some pics of mine. The rocks are all fake, made from foam and then skined with plaster, concrete floor patch, sand and glue and latex paints.

The rocks are on the infield of my ZZSE track. I've textures the surface to mimick old patchy and cracked tarmac with 2 broken bridges.

DM
They have a name for people with absolutely no worries... dead.
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

Real nice man. Now you gotta do a ZZMT :-o
We don't need no god damn roads!
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

:-) Hmm?Spooky (?).......... Good to see ya. I didn't know you were a member here also..... :???: Your truck was one of the final deciding factors of me getting one of the last ones that Outcast had in the group buy. I still have my SSMT1/43 stock for now. I'll do some minor (and much needed) mods soon enough. And get this, since everyone is doing Yotas, GMs and Fords. I picked up a Dodge D50 1/24 kit to run on mine. Hey, I just gotta be different :cool:
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

ibjamn wrote::-) Hmm?Spooky (?).......... Good to see ya. I didn't know you were a member here also..... :???: Your truck was one of the final deciding factors of me getting one of the last ones that Outcast had in the group buy. I still have my SSMT1/43 stock for now. I'll do some minor (and much needed) mods soon enough. And get this, since everyone is doing Yotas, GMs and Fords. I picked up a Dodge D50 1/24 kit to run on mine. Hey, I just gotta be different :cool:
Ahem , you're a member there too ? What's your username ? :-o
evoraptor
bitNinja

Post by evoraptor »

Should be be Davemud.. how ya doin?
Clint
bitPimp

Post by Clint »

I'm really digging those rocks.

They look too real. I'd like to bring one to work and throw them at
my coworkers. :lol:
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

evoraptor wrote:Should be be Davemud.. how ya doin?
I was talkin to ibjamn :-o

Yea , this is Davemud , It's joe here dave , we talked quite abit on msn about iwaver's and ssmt stuff. Remember :-o :)
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

honda_s2000 wrote: Ahem , you're a member there too ? What's your username ? :-o
:lol: Huh.....Ibjamn, all over the world. Except on RCCA, it's Ibjamn552. Man, was that a mistake. Do you know how many PM's I got for a while about my set-up for racing on this track or that track. :? (Jammin' Jay Haysley)

Yeah, we all ran into each other before; http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5613 :drinkin:
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Cool SSMT. I like Blue. :-o
Are those the shocks from the 1/43rd SSMT? I have some of those. :???:

I have plans for mine someday. I have a working one, and a broken one that I'll eventually fix with Mini-T electrics when I get a around to upgrading the electrics in my Mini-T.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

Dave(mud), take no offense to this, but the name of your truck annoys the fuck outta me... has for some time, now...

It is a damn nice 'lil rig though :-)

And if it makes you feel any better, the names of 219s TLTs annoy me to no end, too...
spooky
bitHood

Post by spooky »

Hi guys, sorry I haven't been back for a while and missed the conversation. I didn't get a notice recently.

Those are the stock shocks. I remember joe were' talking right now. :lol:

:lol: actually I'd like to throw them at a couple of people at work too clint. Actually they put a pretty good dent in a skull since they are skinned with floor patch cement. They are a lot lighter than real rocks so you could definitely fling them and then duck and cover.

Ibjamn I think I know the kit you mean that would be cool. I did an Isuzu Vehicross on one of my 04 for something different and its about to end up on a SSMT.

One of these days I'll do a tut on the rocks. check out some pics of my ZZ track here:

http://www.ripper7racing.com/r7rforums/ ... 66#post866

http://www.ripper7racing.com/r7rforums/ ... 69#post869

DM, Davemud
They have a name for people with absolutely no worries... dead.
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

nice. Time I broke down and picked up a 1:43 SSMT.
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

and this comment was really needed one and a half years later?
People are mean to you because you're a fucking idiot.
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

ph2t wrote:and this comment was really needed one and a half years later?
I did learn something from this coming back...
Bird wrote:And if it makes you feel any better, the names of 219s TLTs annoy me to no end, too...
I got a new truck in the works now. Can't wait to name it. :lol:
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

ph2t wrote:and this comment was really needed one and a half years later?
was on the first page. :) I figured it was time I finally worked on the sub 1:24 scale, since i've done the 1:10 and 1:18 dances. :)