Superslick 1/43 car project.

Want to talk about micro boats or micro planes? How about trains, slot cars or submarines? Well you can do it all right here. If it's another hobby and it doesn't fit in one of our other forums, then it goes here.
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Superslick 1/43 car project.

Post by honda_s2000 »

Hi all , this is my 1/43 Superslicks project , I received it with a so cal "charging problem" but had alot more than that. So I gutted the little bugger and started thinking.

I then installed a ZZMT pcb , as the original one was pretty much stuffed to some extent.

Now, this thing is quickly becoming one of my favorite cars. With the 3cell pack i'm running, it's insanely fast, and is great on carpet. Touch a hardwood floor and it'll just spin right out, same with linoleom. Carpet for now then, but I plan to run this at a small carpark not too far from my house, super smooth tarmac and no cars......

Currently the only mods are :

Iwaver antenna
ZZMT 49MHZ pcb board /TX

I have a little more planned :

Single cell Lipo (maybe kokam 145mah)
Better tires (cant even drive on hardwood with a 3cell atm)
Upgrade motor (still on the stock one)

I may have to switch back to the stock motor , or at least gear down some , because there's alot of power even with a 3 cell on the stock motor , add a lipo and an upgrade motor , and I suspect it will almost pull wheelies from a standstill... :blink:

Here's some pictures of my new favorite toy B)

Size comparison to a ZZSE

Chassis with the ZZMT board inside (Sit's nice and low , and PLENTY of room underneath for lipo.

Does this photo make my bum look big ?

You can see the rest of the picturesHere.

My next dilemma is turning , it likes to roll alot when turning. Without propo throttle , I cant slow down enough. I have 2 options here.

1. Is to wait untill I get ahold of the lipo cell , and hope the weight loss will even it out a bit.

2. Is to fab up some suspension , as you might know they have NONE , that's right , NO SUSPENSION :? , So i'm thinking of a rear H plate and some extended knuckles upfront to give me bit like steering.....

What do you think guys ? :cool:
We don't need no god damn roads!
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

Let off the throttle before the corner :-)
Also the H-plate idea should do wonders, I'm guessing after that they'll be no real need for front suspension :-o

Maxx
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

Maxximum Attack wrote:Let off the throttle before the corner :-)
Also the H-plate idea should do wonders, I'm guessing after that they'll be no real need for front suspension :-o

Maxx
Hmm , it slows down pretty quickly , it's a matter of being too slow that it wont roll around the turn , or too fast that it'll roll.

Im going to install an iwaver pcb , just for propo throttle , and non-propo steering , the cheat way that betty.k came up with. :-o
sat4life27
bitPimp

Post by sat4life27 »

Nice work man, I knew I should have loaded up on those when TRU still had them here. I see a ZZSE pcb and a lipo will kick butt in one of those things. With a rear h-plate mod it should be a fun little car.
honda_s2000
bitNinja

Post by honda_s2000 »

sat4life27 wrote:Nice work man, I knew I should have loaded up on those when TRU still had them here. I see a ZZSE pcb and a lipo will kick butt in one of those things. With a rear h-plate mod it should be a fun little car.
Thanks , means alot coming from somebody like you :eek: .

Yea , it's a blast to drive with the 3 cell , but i'm leaning towards a lipo cell , Im not sure i'll bother with the front susp , it might not make a large difference anyway. Just the H plate should be enough like Maxx said.

I'll see about a SE pcb , But I'll have trouble fitting the servo in there , the front steering box is very thin , so I might have to fab some knuckle holders , and a steering rack , and go with the SE approach. If not then i'll just use betty.k's mod and have propo throttle but not steering with the iwaver PCB. :???:

Anyways, thanks for the comment , prechiate' it :cool:
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

seeing these pics makes me want to get a SS.

damn temptress. :P