Tomy IR Q-steer

Want to talk about micro boats or micro planes? How about trains, slot cars or submarines? Well you can do it all right here. If it's another hobby and it doesn't fit in one of our other forums, then it goes here.
45tr0
bitNinja

Post by 45tr0 »

i have to say the cartoony bodies didn't really do it for me, but those calsonic and pennzoil models look pretty cool.

i'll probably drop some cash on one when they come down a touch in price.
"You guys are Wack"
"Wiggity Wack?"
"Nope, just regular kind"
PUBE JOOLZ
bitGangsta'

Post by PUBE JOOLZ »

This is good news as far as the special bodies are concerned for me.

If the price is as good as Bit Char-G srp, i'll get one and try to top different modded Choro-Q bodies on it.

By then i will have two lines of work, that of Bits and Qs!

QPimps? Nah!
Heeehah!
beanoman
bitGangsta'

Post by beanoman »

WRX+Lancer set, must have! :shock:

Edit- realized that the boards must be tiny, can only hope they have a bidirectional steering output!
richh
bitGangsta'

Post by richh »

a few more pics...

packaging

size comparison

some random thoughts
- on the top of the package on the two i have it says "normal speed type" so i assume there will be varients with hotter motors
- the line of sight deal with the ir seems a lot more iffy than with regular digi-q's
- controller is uber small
Namuna
bitPimp

Post by Namuna »

Oh shit! ToyEast has em for Pre-Order...For under $10(US) each!
http://www.toyeast.com/v3/catproductlis ... 936&clvl=4

At that price I'm definitely picking up a few!

Post by SHAUN »

I'm getting a RX-8 and subie.
1000+ post of BS.
Mad_Maxx
bitThug

Post by Mad_Maxx »

THANK UUUUU!!!!!

i must say the attempted to reinvent bits and......they have a bit done it!!
they look pretty and could fiind a place in the garage....

the only pity is the won't fit any of my 200 bit bodies :( :( :( ....i get bored after 5 mins with a body :( wanna charge them!

see ya! :-D
Owner of "Sunshine Autos" V(enice)ice City
My Gallery
http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpGa ... ?cat=10108
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

Care to part with that mustard lambo?
I know it's off topic, but I have a 1:18 lambo that same colour

Maxx
TallduDe
bitThug

Post by TallduDe »

how do you charge them up?

and you know other stuff.....kinda like a review not asking for much :-D
-------------------------------------------------

Cheers
richh
bitGangsta'

Post by richh »

Maxx,

sorry, taking the lambo to the grave with me. it's one of my favorite shells.

mini-review-

both the car and the controller take button cells. you run out of juice, you buy new batteries. not sure how long they will last. mine have only 10 or 15 minutes of use but are still fine. the cars in two flavors either channel a/b or c/d. there is a small switch on the bottom of the car to change between the two. the controller has a four way switch a, b, c, or d. on the top of the controller ther is a speed boost button. it's been a long time since i ran a stock bcg (or any bcg for that matter), but i think the normal speed on the q-steer is about the same as a normal bit. the speed boost adds only a little more top end. these seem slower than the standard digi-q's that were introduced a few years ago. with the penny in the back, the only way i could get it to wheelie was to do the reverse to forward trick. maybe i need a real copper penny. anyone remember what year they changed :-) . as i mentioned before, the line of sight takes getting used to. the transmitting ir diode is on the top of the controller so the way you hold the controller definitely has an effect on the range.

on the box there's a small drawing of a cell phone. i'm guessing in japan you can use your cell phone to control the car.

for those doing the pre-order thing at toyeast checkout the weights on the different cars and read up on the descriptions. there are a few that are only the car (no controller included) so if you order one be sure to order another that come with the controller. it would be a major bummer to get it and not be able to run it. the white rx-8 also has "speed ver." in the title. i wonder if this one has a hotter motor in it.
Mad_Maxx
bitThug

Post by Mad_Maxx »

on the box there's a small drawing of a cell phone. i'm guessing in japan you can use your cell phone to control the car.
I read somewhere you can use your I-MODE cell phone (in Italy we have really few don't know in the us)
i don't think they work yith every IR port od a cellp.

:-)
My Gallery
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

I wonder if it would work with my starcom, that would be really tight.
1000+ post of BS.
Mad_Maxx
bitThug

Post by Mad_Maxx »

I wonder if it would work with my starcom, that would be really tight.
don't take it seriously (but take it like a joke)....buy one and try!!!

see :-) ya M_M
My Gallery
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

Since the Q-steer has arrived, I've been skeptical about getting one. Mainly because I prefer to mod my cars, and these are so small i just don't see me doing anything other than changing the paint.
So I went out in search of bodies to expand my options and in reading different boards I came across Choro Q's. I know that's they've been out for very long, I've always snubbed them because of their squished look. Plus the fact that everyone was into bits really didn't help (I read it was a tank-style steering issue). In my looking I've found a massive selection of choro q bodies, some really nice looking ones from numerous manufacturers. Anything you can think of, they had.

How come bits never got such an extensive line up? Were the choro-q that popular?

Look at the detail on this supra....

Thing is, you can get almost ANY form of supra you want, any year, rally, JGTC, street....wow. And those aren't the only Toyotas.

I'm cruising toyease right now and I'm seeing bodies ranging from as little as $4 up to around $15.

Richh, if you have any Choro Q bodies, can you test the compatability with the Q-steer? I can see myself starting a collectionwith ChoroQ bodies, but only if they fit Qsteer.

EDIT: Just to show the variety... :shock:

jkulhanek

Post by jkulhanek »

Pitty that Audi R8 body won't fit, the roof...well...not that it has a roof...is kinda low/non existant. :sad: