SSMT info

Want to talk about micro boats or micro planes? How about trains, slot cars or submarines? Well you can do it all right here. If it's another hobby and it doesn't fit in one of our other forums, then it goes here.
Kel

SSMT info

Post by Kel »

Hey guys, this is my first post here.
I wanted to know a bit about the SS Monster trucks. I can't seem to find out where to buy any, or what ones to buy.I think there are two different types, as I would like the smallest one. If you guys could help me out here it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Kel
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

As far as I know, the smaller ones (1:43) are out of production. The larger ones (1:24) are still available at Toys R Us for either $14.99 or $19.99, but either way they are a great deal. It's fairly easy to drop an iWaver board in there and have a proportional 4x4 monster truck. They are much better suited to crawlers than bashers, though.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

The first SSMT (1/43rd) was a dysfuntional little guy. Good platform for a project, but not sure they're worth seeking out on their own.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Kel

Post by Kel »

I plan to use the parts of the 1/43 for a project, so I do not need any electronics. If any pimps have any old chassis they would sell, let me know.
evoraptor
bitNinja

Post by evoraptor »

As far as I know, they are only discontinued in the US. There's this person on Scale4x4rc.us that's in Canada, and buying them in bulk to sell to US people.

http://www.scale4x4rc.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7519

That's one way to get them. Try other boards and EBay as well, you'll probably find a few hits.

I suspect you want to use them for the axles?
Kel

Post by Kel »

Ya, I had no luck on ebay, so I will look into buying them from the 4x4 forum. and Ya, the axels are the main focus for my project, and the 1/43 is the only thing that has them.