MAN5T TTTT build.

Want to talk about micro boats or micro planes? How about trains, slot cars or submarines? Well you can do it all right here. If it's another hobby and it doesn't fit in one of our other forums, then it goes here.
honda_s2000
bitNinja

MAN5T TTTT build.

Post by honda_s2000 »

Hi all,

After about 2 years of browsing TTTT sites in German, and drooling over all the cool stuff, I actually built a TTTT, it only got to a roller state, while testing the touque of the motor, I was using the wrong size worm gear, and managed to basically rip the rear gearbox into peices, this was awfull, and so I tore it down and it was never re-built.

Several months later, I'm there again, this time, it's going to be done properly, I'm selling most of my stuff to pay for this build, so I'm determind that it works out!

So here's the planning part....

So, on a finally cleaned up workbench, far, far away...

some parts were gathered....

Inlcuding my old MAN5T body, the bed is in an awefull state, it will actually be replaced with a styrene one. Using the original side pannels, though.

As you can see, the bed is... dead?

Just a quick comparison, I'm going to have trouble fitting things inside this "huge" MAN5T, but others fit things into unimogs, ever seen one compared to a MAN?
*Gulp*

Anyway, here's the basis of what I'm using...

Custom built brass front axle that I purchased a long time ago.

ZipZap SE servo for the gear reduction box.

"Microantriebe.de" Speed controler.

Receiver

Now, with that all planed out, I have some grounds to start on...

But what about the actual gearbox, the driveline ?

Well, I'm not 100% sure yet, here are a few variations, note, some of these are set out as an "exploded" type view, so you can see what's going on.

This is basically using a slotcar rear axle, driven by a ZipZap Monster Truck bevel gear

Secondly, I thought about using brass hex rod for an axle, see here...

I'd say it's quite efficient using this method actually.

Exploded view

And that's what I decided on, though, the brass hex rod, in place of the axle there, will be replaced with round rod, rather than hex, so it's alot smoother.

I have to wait for 2 days, until the LHS opens again, so I can get some brass rod, I need alot of supplies, as the frame will also be brass. I need to make the gearbox carrier and more.

So stay tuned!
We don't need no god damn roads!