Anyone ever try one of these?

Want to talk about micro boats or micro planes? How about trains, slot cars or submarines? Well you can do it all right here. If it's another hobby and it doesn't fit in one of our other forums, then it goes here.
Teppudama
bitHood

Anyone ever try one of these?

Post by Teppudama »

http://www.hobbytron.com/Mini-RC-Car-Bo ... Combo.html
I have been looking into getting a boat to go with some of my RCs since I am in the process of putting together that outdoor track and may make a water figure 8 in the middle of it instead of a off road course.
When I saw this, I figured "someone on here has to have seen/used one of these before", so I thought I would get some impressions on it before buying it.
Mainly wanting to know if it is something that can be modded with the existing 1/64 parts, for the truck or boat, but other advice like "that thing sucks" is welcome too, LOL!
Scorpion
bitPlaya'

Post by Scorpion »

I had one years ago the boat was pretty good but the truck sucked ass. could be I got a defect though? anyways the boat is off scale so put the boat/trailer behind a ZZMT and youd have no problems.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

I never had one but for $20 I'll let you know.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Its worth $20. :-o

The truck is dual celled and has a die-cast body. It moves pretty fast, however, if it had a plastic body, it would be killer fast.

The is a boat. Nothing special about it. If I remember right, I used the guts out of one to make this.....

http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpFo ... ight=woody

If it was $10 it would be a steal, at $20 your not doing to bad. :-o

Bird had a set too. Maybe he'll pop in and give his 3 cents. :lol:
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

Yeap... my 3 cents pretty much mimics what the others have said, especially
Scorpion wrote:I had one years ago the boat was pretty good but the truck sucked ass.
The truck had a mean left hook that I could not cure, spent hours messing with the steering magnets and still the hook... it's in a baggie in my bit box now in a billion pieces, I want to use the pcb and cells in a ZZ eventually... SG is right, with the heavy ass die cast body removed, it was an absolute rocket. In retrospect, maybe I should have embraced the left hook and made it into a NASCAR ride LMAO.

The boat is OK, I still mess with it every once in a while... my kids like it lol.

I cant believe none of you mentioned what Finks did with his...

http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpFo ... light=boat

Still absolutely AWESOME after all this time...
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

I have one of those also and "meh". I also took mine apart did not like the body and the tow hook just looked sooooooo Stupid. hey I know whey the did it but still looks like hamerd crap!

The boat is cool I did a few laps in the pond with it and put it up and well thats where is stayed!

Bird glad you brought up the Finks that wont Sinks boat that is a gem! I forgot that he built it out of that combo boat its so nice I thought it was built from a bigger boat.

Like SG says at $20.00 you can get your money's worth in fun.

I would mod that puppy boat and car as soon as you could though.... :grin:
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

I have the yellow H2 sut and the red boat combo.
I couldn't get the truck to steer while hauling the trailer. The boat was cool, but mine had a bit of lean to it.

Wasn't there a vid of homies riding one in a small pool, somewhere in the gallery?

I've never seen the Finks boat. That is pretty cool. :-o
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

ibjamn wrote:Wasn't there a vid of homies riding one in a small pool, somewhere in the gallery?
Here it is......... :-)

http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpGa ... 176&pos=39
Teppudama
bitHood

Post by Teppudama »

Cool, I think I am going to get it then. I have a Hemi Ram body looking for a chasis and if the boat works half way decent, I may be able to use it as well. Still working on getting the fountain pump to work so that I can get things working in that area, need to have moving water to keep the algae down!

Thanks guys, look forward to being able to put something up here soon. I have painted the flame job on the Hemi, but it is a little rough and doesn't have a smooth finish, but I don't have a airbrush yet, so it will do for now.
Used the stickers from my F150 on the Silverado body, but that just don't cut it as anything more then a start!
For my first serious body mod I am making a convertable out of my Firebird ZZ or the Bumblebee Camaro, not sure which yet. I even found some tinted transparent plastic from a box of airsoft BBs I got with an AEG that I think will look cool as a tinted windowshield on a drop top!
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

sg219 wrote:
ibjamn wrote:Wasn't there a vid of homies riding one in a small pool, somewhere in the gallery?
Here it is......... :-)

http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpGa ... 176&pos=39
And this one...

http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpGa ... 176&pos=35
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

I think you'll have to do some moddin to get a zip body on that chassis.
But do it and show us pics 8-)
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

I've got one of those Nkok boats, and they're decent. Fun and worth the cash. In stock form mine wouldn't turn quite tight enough for really running in a bathtub, so I kept having to go out to my Koi pond. It WILL drive in very large circles, so you're probably going to have to either fiddle with it a whole bunch or throw in a couple variable resistors for the motors.

A boat contest would be fun!
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'