Slot Cars!

Want to talk about micro boats or micro planes? How about trains, slot cars or submarines? Well you can do it all right here. If it's another hobby and it doesn't fit in one of our other forums, then it goes here.
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

I'll bet that would be a scary ride.

Got my cars running good.

The dodge is running right at 1.205 on its best times. I had to use some led to slow it down, It was running 1.180s

The stang took some work to get it down in the lower numbers but I finally got it to run .980s slowed it down with some led and it ran 1.003 on its best pass.

The Studebaker is very hard to run. its a pain in the ass to glue and it should be running low .800s its running .889. I changed the pinion so only tomorrow can tell.

The Cadillac, I have no idea where its running at I made a few passes with it. I now forget my time on them, lol. its has a brand new motor and something messed up with the spur. I'll check it out tomorrow.

Track opens at 8:00AM. I'll probably be there before then :lol:

I have to say I'm loving my hard body. Also I found a bit of info, you have to have an interior in all cars. So here I am 11:00PM and I'm out side trying to paint up some damn interiors. I will say I love the look of a car with a interior.
1000+ post of BS.
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

This sucks. I woke up and felt a little sick, got to the track set up my stuff. All of a sudden I get really sick, I was trying to stick it out, but I couldn't. I have been looking forward to this for a very long time :(. I'm going to try and make it back for the top sportsman.
1000+ post of BS.
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

SHAUN wrote:This sucks. I woke up and felt a little sick, got to the track set up my stuff. All of a sudden I get really sick, I was trying to stick it out, but I couldn't. I have been looking forward to this for a very long time :(. I'm going to try and make it back for the top sportsman.
I had that happen to me. I was going to run the lowest class of the day, I woke up with bad sinuses and headache. I got to the track and I started feeling worse. My car was in even worse shape than I was (the chassis was built crooked). I tried getting the chassis straight, one of the other gys even offered me to run his car but now I'm feeling like I'm going to puke. I left a few minutes later. I didn't make it back to the track for about a week after that. The guy who offered me his car decided to run it himself and he won the race I was going to enter.
Sitting at my workbench in my comfortable little Hobbit hole.
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

That sucks. I'm happy I decided to go back and no matter how bad I felt to tuff it out. I didn't win anything. My top sportsman just wouldn't run. Track owner suggested a different chassis, I went ahead and spent the $20 on a new chassis. stamped steel, sidewinder. I will say I love it, it runs really smooth, It still would only run low .900s high .800s. It just needs tuned, I had didn't have time to play with the gear ratio. Also the track owner loaned me one of his funny cars, it was really fun. I didn't finish to well in that either. I hadn't run on a pro tree set up in 5 months. Anyway the series will be back in two months, I'll be ready then. I was ready this time. I had my cars for the 1.200class and the 1.000class tuned perfect.
1000+ post of BS.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Shaun wrote
I went ahead and spent the $20 on a new chassis. stamped steel, sidewinder.
Always go with a sidewinder :-o
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

Most of my drag chassis were sidewinders. I did have a few inlines based on womp chassis for my slower bracket cars.
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Well. I got a chassis kit tonight so I could build my Thunderbird for the new class. But My radio shack POS Iron died! I would ask my parents for a new one or an early Christmas present but I have been buying alot of stuff lately. I guess I'll have to have the track owner finish it or ask him if I can borrow his iron :(.
1000+ post of BS.
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

SHAUN wrote:Well. I got a chassis kit tonight so I could build my Thunderbird for the new class. But My radio shack POS Iron died! I would ask my parents for a new one or an early Christmas present but I have been buying alot of stuff lately. I guess I'll have to have the track owner finish it or ask him if I can borrow his iron :(.
I'd tell you to borrow a friends but how many do you have out there. :-D
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Asshole

I have plenty of friends.

I'm gonna cry now :-?
1000+ post of BS.
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

Going back to the FORD bodies I see.

So what year T-Bird are you building? Personally I'd like you to make a mid 50's T-bird and not the NASCAR inspired ones of the 80's and 90's.

Plus you should be playing Bob Segar's Making Thunderbirds when building it.
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

To bad! Its a 87.
1000+ post of BS.
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

SHAUN wrote:To bad! Its a 87.
A former co-worker of mine had a t-bird (I think it was an 87) and all it did was attract rear end collisions. 3 in a year, 1st was less than 18 hours after it was purchased.
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

I have been looking at this one. I think its bad ass.

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/car/483141663.html
1000+ post of BS.
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

SHAUN wrote:I have been looking at this one. I think its bad ass.

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/car/483141663.html
I hit the link and this came up:

This posting has been deleted by its author.
(The title on the listings page will be removed in just a few minutes.)

Looks like you missed out.

Time to look for another car for you.

Maybe like a Chevy Corvair Monza Spyder. :-D
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Well before the Thunderbird even got painted it was put into the wall pretty bad. after a lot of hard work this is the result.

Sitting under a new inline chassis.

And the next victim is a 69 Cuda, I plan on sitting it on the mustang chassis.
1000+ post of BS.