Slot Cars!

Want to talk about micro boats or micro planes? How about trains, slot cars or submarines? Well you can do it all right here. If it's another hobby and it doesn't fit in one of our other forums, then it goes here.
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

The T-Bird looks cool.

If the original owner paid $125 for the Firebird he has way too much cash and should send some my way.

Are you sure it wasn't a 25th scale model converted to a 24th scale drag car?
Sitting at my workbench in my comfortable little Hobbit hole.
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Nope. It was turned into 1/25th.
1000+ post of BS.
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

SHAUN wrote:Nope. It was turned into 1/25th.
Damn, it's illegal. :-D You are supposed to run 24th scale drag cars.
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Its not really a big deal at our track. I'll be bracket racing the 1/32 womp womp tonight :lol:
1000+ post of BS.
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

SHAUN wrote:Its not really a big deal at our track. I'll be bracket racing the 1/32 womp womp tonight :lol:
That's so wrong on many levels. Womps are best when racing other Womps on the road course. The whole reason they are called Womp Womp's are because when they deslot they make a WOMP sound when they his the wall and another when another Womp hits hit when it's traveling back onto the track before the corner marshal can pick it up.

At least when I ran a Womp based vehicle (altered a little, OK a lot) I put a small 24th scale body on it. I mainly ran a Mini-Pickup and a Ford Angela but I would have loved a Mini Cooper.
vwmicrosizer
bitGimp

Re: Slot Cars!

Post by vwmicrosizer »

my 1/24 custom camaro slot goes down the track in like 1.58 seconds :eek: i think was the last run. the motor that i put in it was my moms broken dust buster :???: . i took the motor out. i was go n to put the motor in the front of the car but it was 2 big :sad: . now its in the middle ;-) . since i live in a fairly small town called soldotna in alaska :-) . me and my friends made a track out of pieces that we bought online and stuff that we had lyin around :-o im using the model gto chassies body and front tires. the rear tires r smooth zzmt tires actuly. itz all i have at the time that im not using :roll: .
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Sounds like fun, especially since you probably have to find indoor things to do for a good part of the year. We just had a 1/24 scale track open near us, I want to join a class but until after racing season (the big ones without slots) I can't fit it into my schedule :( That's ok, it gives me a few months to research the setups and car choices, plus by the they might put in a drag strip....that looks like fun.

Bilbo, Shaun, if you guys are ever in Ohio bring the slot cars...1/24 scale only.
http://www.fatboysraceways.com/050409fatboys.wmv
BTW, love your Governor. :-o
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
VooDooMafia
bitPimp

Post by VooDooMafia »

I see alot more slot car stuff pop up now adays

makes me want to go dig out my old strombecker set :
I Don't care what you say PIMPIN aint easy, you Broke A$$ Mother F*&Ker
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

I'll say it again, Slot cars are fun. I wish I still had a track by me.

Sidewinder when are you starting up a hobby shop? I'd work for you, if in Philly and until I found something better. :-D
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

If you have about $350,000 laying around Donnie Moran has his entire racing business up for sale, he's asking around $500,000 but i think it could be had for around $300K. We could set up a shop near Philly and when we get enough interest we could use the extra $50K to add an RC track or two, and then add a hobby shop to support the cars (scale and 1:1). I have the whole thing worked out except for the pesky buy-in price.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

If I had that kind of Walking Around Money I would have already started the shop.

Unfortunately I'm really broke. :(
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

You and me both brother...and I was expecting hope and change. :lol: Well, I guess we're getting the change part. :sad:
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

sidewinder wrote:You and me both brother...and I was expecting hope and change. :lol: Well, I guess we're getting the change part. :sad:
I got change.

Company I worked for closed so out of work I am.
Trouble finding good paying job to make payments to bills.
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

I just can't get into the slots. Maybe if I was more into onroad stuff.
But these guys claim to have the biggest permanent track in the world(?), and they are 15 minutes away from me in a mall. I've watched regular racers in there before, and it's pretty cool. But what's really cool about them, is you and your friends and kids or whoever, can pay a small fee and race each other with the shop owned "loaner cars".

http://www.jdmodelraceways.com/jd.htm#photo" target="_blank

I've been somewhat enterested, but Nitro and electric RC is actually cheaper if you consider dollar per minute driving time.
VooDooMafia
bitPimp

Post by VooDooMafia »

Wow talk about being into slot cars,..thats some serious store thats for sure.

if only we had a store like that for anything around here as everything in my area is mom and pop type stuff.
I Don't care what you say PIMPIN aint easy, you Broke A$$ Mother F*&Ker